Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are YOUR ideas for EP's and SP's?

One of the things I love reading about in the forums are the ideas for EP's and SP's from other Simmers, and even though Sims 4 isn't out yet and we have no idea what expansions and stuff they have planned for 4 (if they have them planned at all), we can dream, right?!

Forget about whether the ideas are possible or impossible for EA to do, I just want to hear your ideas, hopes, wishes and/or dreams for Sims 4 EP's and SP's. What kind of EP or SP would you love to have? You can describe their features, things they'll have, everything. I want to hear it all!

I think my favorite EP idea is an amusement park. I like the idea of it being like a vacation world and have a kind of WA thing where you pick the amount of days the family stays there. They have fun at the park until closing, riding rides and playing games, then stay at the hotel to rest through the night until they can go back to the park again. And maybe the hours of the park change with the seasons, like it stays open in the summer longer and closing isn't until midnight or longer on weekends.

Another EP idea that I think would be nice is a Farming EP, and I think if they re-release Pets, this should be in conjunction with it. Very few of the Sims I create will probably ever be a farmer, but I like the idea of being able to have farm animals and I’ve read multiple forums where people say they want to be able to not just plant fruits and vegetables, but they want to be able to have cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, etc. And I don’t know about you guys and gals, but I wouldn’t mind my Sim having a pet pig in addition to dogs and cats. It also seems like the opportune moment where we could have the ability to expand lot sizes and/or own other lots to plant crops and have the farm animals.

Some other ideas I like include and all sports pack where are Sims can play basketball, baseball, football (touch or tackle), wrestling, etc… Maybe even include games like capture the flag or something.

All music where we have instruments like a flute, clarinet, bass guitar, ukulele, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, tambourine, etc…

And a baby/toddler pack which I have to admit, I like the most. More clothes and hair styles for toddler, maybe if we have babies with limbs we could get clothes for them and baby blankets. Things like playpens, baby monitors, more cribs and toys and other baby and toddler things. Maybe the pack could include more things for children as well.

So list your ideas, please and thank you! I'll read them all :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
KqGXVAC.jpg

Comments

• 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    As soon as a saw the title of the thread i thought of theme parks and farms then i saw you had written the same too lol
    My origin id is sim2011
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited May 2013
    2011simone wrote:
    As soon as a saw the title of the thread i thought of theme parks and farms then i saw you had written the same too lol

I noticed that everyone always seems to list those two, lol. A lot of Simmers really want farms and theme parks.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited May 2013
    Health EP? Its a new idea..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    2011simone wrote:

I noticed that everyone always seems to list those two, lol. A lot of Simmers really want farms and theme parks.

yeah i would be very surprised if they are not included in the sims 4
    My origin id is sim2011
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

The vision of kids cowering and crying outside the doctors office just went through my head, lol. I kind of like the idea of more health oriented things for our Sims.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

The vision of kids cowering and crying outside the doctors office just went through my head, lol. I kind of like the idea of more health oriented things for our Sims.

Techinally I was thinking about it including illnesses, and disablties in the game. I know disablties are not likely to happen, but still it could happen.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Techinally I was thinking about it including illnesses, and disablties in the game. I know disablties are not likely to happen, but still it could happen.

Anything could happen. :D
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Not with the level of arguments about it (disablties). Its a much of a flame war as the breastfeeding thread on this forum.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, lots of arguments about disabilities, but illnesses could happen. Some seem to like the idea of chicken pox and the flu in the game.

I have not checked out the breastfeeding forum! I'm about to now, that sounds like an interesting read... minus the flames.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup: I think a Zoo Expansion Pack would be incredibly fun. Basically incorporating elements from Wildlife Park or Zoo Tycoon into a Sims expansion pack! I would love that! I personally own exotic animals, they are my life, and I would love to be able to have monkeys/apes/lemurs/kangaroos/cheetahs/elephants/giraffes (etc.) in The Sims as well! :D
  • LolacineLolacine Posts: 72 New Member
    edited May 2013
    -I would love a space themed ep, where you can visit the moon.

-I would love a flight themed expansion pack, where you can go in the sky with a different pilot career.

-I would love a Old timey themed expansion pack were you can go back to the 40s,50s,60s,70s,80s and 90s! Meaning carriges, haggos, kilts, bagpipes, war time, crazy people, old english.

-I would love a Culture themed expansion pack, for the lot of us that like the different countries, for example: sushi bar! Indian Restraunt, Chinese Chippy, Spansish and there lovely Paella, English, Russian (Vodka), French (Snails), Turkey, American, Thai and all sorts of different countries. Traditional Clothes, Festive Hairstyles, Cultural Furniture.

-A Art themed stuff pack with lovely abstract painting, beautiful decor and unusual, crazy outfits.

-A Fashionista stuff pack, lots of hot clothing, modern furniture, wacky hairstyles and weird sunglasses
    -A Cabin themed stuff pack, red indians, cowboys, wooden furniture and some really cute guides/cubs/scouts/explorers' outfits.

-Modern Day Luxury, modern hair, modern decor, modern clothes.

-'Lala Stuff' Filled with Fantasy and wonder with unusual pleasures and strange delights. Fake wings, corsets, horns, tails, beaks and all sorts of weird accesories!
  • ThePinkAnimalThePinkAnimal Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I would love something like Thrillville for my sims to go to :D Maybe in a CAW we could make our own theme parks? Oh, and the farming ep! I could do so much stuff with a farming ep, it’s not even funny. More baby/toddler/child things, yes! There wasn’t enough stuff in Sims 3 for toddlers and children and assuming babies aren't similar burritos we'll need more baby stuff.

-I would love to see an sp pertaining to build mode. Like more things we could put on the roof, more staircase choices, chimneys, roofs, doors, types of walls and things like that. Builders can never have enough of that stuff! Of course, they could just add these things to the ep’s but more choices are always good.

-I’ve heard a few people say Superheroes and it’s kinda grown on me. I think if they have superheroes it should be included with Supernatural. Like a Superheroes and Supernaturals EP.
    On the supernatural part, the ability to create aliens and mermaids in CAS in addition to werewolves, vampires, ghosts, witches, and genies.
    Hopefully the ability to edit a werewolves looks in CAS, because in Sims 3 you can create them to look a certain way but with every transformation their looks keep changing.

-I liked the World Adventures ep, but I wish it was more of a vacation thing as well as explorer.
    We can stay in hotels with our families or rent/buy a home and learn about different cultures and explore tombs, if we want to we can do adventures, but also have some vacation time too.
    They could have more things to do in the different locations. Kind of do like a World Adventures/Vacation/Bon Voyage thing.
  • Belliflowers3Belliflowers3 Posts: 560 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see a Superhero Expansion pack for the sims 4. :'<

And with this song in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opvGKiL-Rjw
  • chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love your ideas!
    I didn't realize how much I actually wanted farming until I started playing elders. Farming would be a great hobby for those retired. I also love the idea for the amusement park. It could be perfect for families visiting a subhood or teens in the home world. The themes of the parks could change similar to how the festival grounds do with seasons. There could be exclusive prizes such as a mini basketball court you could hang on a door, more teddy bears, and other misc things.

I also want a free time type of SP that includes things like family board games, slumber party classics, gives us more party types: (movie night, ect) More games and activities for babies, toddlers, children and teens. The project car should definitely make a come back, sewing, all the instruments with children being able to learn at least the piano drums flute violin.

I definitely want an open for business type of EP, as missed this in TS2. Those could bring in clothing botiques, toy shops, car lots/repair centers, family owned restaurants, maybe arcades, and so much more! This could bring more interesting careers as well, as I hate there is no type of dance career track even though its an after school activity.

Lol I think that's all for now
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ok this is not trolling or flaming. However to the poster who said
    red indians
    My ancestors were native american indians.
    Yes, I would love to see some EP with this theme. Do you know how many different societies and tribes there are?
    A lot.
    Do you know where the term red indian came from.
    Sorry but just had to give a history lesson to those who have no clue.
    The natives on the east coast mostly had very fair skin. Some of my ancestors had grey and dark blue eyes.
    Some of the land had a lot of red clay. It was used to make pottery.
    The clay was put on the skin of the people to protect from sunburn and insect bites and it stained the skin.
    After a few years, the stain became more or less permenant, which made the folks look reddish.
    Yes, I would love to have an Sims 4 EP or a store world with my native heritage, which is from the Jamestown, Virginia, USA Powhatan confederation.
    Look them up. It is very interesting. Oh and they were farmers, so a Sims 4 farm EP would work right in there, too.
    There should also be powwows, like festival grounds or renn faire, but with native dances, food, give aways, etc.
    Sorry, Got carried away, I could go on about lots more related stuff.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick side note. My heritage is related to Pocahontas, or Rebecca Rolfe as she was known to the English.
    A Sims 4 EP about the years of 1600 and colonial times would also be great.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
    edited May 2013
    I like the cultural and ancestral ideas. They're supposedly focusing more on the Sims themselves, so this could fall under that. And the zoo/wildlife, art and fashion, introducing older SP's again. I would definitely buy a superhero expansion, lol.

It seems like we Simmers do want some of the old stuff from Sims 2 and Sims (upgraded of course), but we also want new things.

BTW, @JacobRuehlman I love your animals!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • drowningmermaiddrowningmermaid Posts: 365 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If it's not in the base game I'd like a psychology profession and the ability to get rid of/lessen traits like "insane" and "hydrophobic" and maybe have a few more "mental illnesses" or personality trait that you could change. Maybe an illness ep with more health realated professions including the psychologist one. It would be nice to be able to set up office in your own home like with childcare and do home visits too.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup: I think a Zoo Expansion Pack would be incredibly fun. Basically incorporating elements from Wildlife Park or Zoo Tycoon into a Sims expansion pack! I would love that! I personally own exotic animals, they are my life, and I would love to be able to have monkeys/apes/lemurs/kangaroos/cheetahs/elephants/giraffes (etc.) in The Sims as well! :D

I LOVE this idea! Especially since I think pets should be included in the base game with the option to toggle any or all of them off. So then a Zoo or Safari (where you would get to bring HOME the animals instead of shooting them!) EP makes PERFECT sense! :)
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    OK this time there simply MUST be a MEDIEVAL EP! Not one that is a separate game but an actual expansion of Sims 4. This EP must NOT have cars, buses, taxis, cell phones, etc. It must have horse drawn carriages, carts, carrier pigeons, "scroll delivery" etc. IF pets are part of the base game (as they SHOULD be) then this is not an issue at all as our Sims can simply RIDE HORSES. So part of the expansion would actually be having carts, carriages, etc to hook up to them and have the horses pull them. If pets are NOT part of the base game but rather require their own expansion then EA will simply have to give us horse drawn carriages and the horses will NOT be pets but will merely be part of the conveyance and our Sims will not be able to interact with them. Then, like with the cars, there can be an equivalent of the "sloppy jalopy" with a sway backed nag and a rickety wooden cart on up to a fancy carriage with gilding and 4 beautiful horses. This expansion could be much like Dragon Valley in that it would be more of a medieval fantasy realm and this time if they include dragons there had better be an ADULT version of the dragon as well! One we can RIDE. There should also be a World Adventures style dragon cave with a horde of treasure and a slumbering dragon your Sim must slip by to acquire the riches! MONARCHY should be a profession which can end with your Sim becoming King or Queen of the realm. But there should be other appropriate professions as well if kingship just isn't your style. :)
  • SayleyamethystSayleyamethyst Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a farming EP with cows, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks, sheep, etc. I grew up on a dairy farm so to be able to what farmers do everyday in the Sims would be awesome. A zoo/wildlife EP would be fun, too. I would like to see an Open for Business EP in the Sims 4 as well. I enjoyed playing it in the Sims 2 and wished there was one for the Sims 3. More baby, toddler, and kids stuff would be wonderful to see. Amusement or Theme park EP would also be nice to see and a cultural themed EP or SP would be great as well.
  • missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Two words... baby.. GOATS. haha. That sounded fantastic.. i would love to see that Farm EP becoming true. I don't see if it's going to be a HIT.. but really nice idea.

As far as Open for Business.. i would love for them to expand it a bit. Being able to Shop in a really Supermarket, Or a Library.. Every Rabbit Hole (all the shops) tranformed into a Job and Office opportunity. You can go to those ones but you can also have yours, sell your own vegetables, meat (farm ep?), milk , also have suppliers. The same as the BookStore, write your own novels or hire people to write them. Have like Book Clubs on an specific day, or movie reviews. Same goes with the theater.. film your own movies and then screen them, having a guy for the soda and popcorns... i mean the ep could be simple fantastic.. not only what we saw in Sims 2.
  • missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, duplicated.
  • foxmanicfoxmanic Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna echo the Farm and Health themed expansions. On stuff packs I hope they concentrate on useful sets instead of Katy Perry's Crapstuff kind of SP's. Probably unpopular opinion but I actually liked H&M, Ikea and Diesel stuff packs, especially Ikea since I have roomful of Ikea furniture! :lol:

And another unpopular opinion: I hope they rerelease University, Apartment Life, Seasons and Freetime for Sims 4. (Freetime was hobby EP for those who don't know) I just want them to put in MORE stuff and interactions in those and I'm set. :D I wouldn't exactly cry if they also rereleased Sims 1 kind of Superstar EP where you actually have to work for your popularity instead of just having to befriend someone famous. =.=

I'd love business+ambitions kind of EP where you could run your own business in Ambitions kind of way (like meet customers, convince them to buy your product etc.) And I desperately want kind of "Family EP" that concentrates on baby - teen and elder age groups instead of adults. There are only thousands of games the kids could possibly play and learning items for toddlers and own hobbies for teens. Elders could also get for example ability to knit or carve wood or start new hobby like stamp collecting or basically anything you just can imagine! I could ramble about possibilities for such EP for hours but I really have to wander to sleep ^^;