Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Petition For Tunable Occults** (54 Signed)

I have an idea in regards to occults in Sims 4 and its expansions. What if we were able to choose what powers/weakness they have? We can choose them when we create them in CAS. If they are turned in-game, their powers/weakness will be randomly chosen(or a pop-up can come and we pick which ones we want upon transformation). They would also be hereditary; we can have the options to make them inherit some from both parents, be randomly chosen, or hand-picked.

I think this would be better than having just one version that can only be changed with mods. It's something that can satisfy everyone since everyone has their own interpretation on what the creature's abilities should be. This would be especially useful for occults like vampires, mermaids, or witches since they can have plenty of options available.

And to expand on it further, as DragonWyng suggested: "How about the ability to create our own? You'd be able to select from a list of different attributes to create things like demons, angels, orcs, elves, boogeymen, incubi/succubi, or lizardmen. We'd also be able to choose their weaknesses, their needs, and how they interact with other sims." I don't know if they'll go this far, but it would make us able to completely personalize our creatures.

So please /Sign if you agree and would like to make your own version of the occults!! :mrgreen:

***Signed***

1. simsfan95173
2. AmaraRena
3. SweetieTreats
4. DragonWyng
5. SugarRave
6. brookesaywhatx
7. DrewRowland
8. BunBunBunniez
9. Angellulu
10. shadowcat85
11. darkraven1753
12. Evil_One
13. Summersethomes5
14. Jeelani
15. jak135
16. powerhouse
17. Aeroprincess87
18. bebesmama
19. joerosen62
20. nesgirl
21. hysellsgirl07
22. Felliinnee
23. SymphonyGirl14
24. Moonlight258
25. RockoutDarci
26. littlegnome12
27. ericcmilliga
28. Kawaiidulce
29. sammie512
30. TRachet
31. Plateinmyway
32. MihajloStasuk
33. AkiirahSiruba
34. Pandagirl9449
35. windweaver
36. tyubabird228
37. MATZ
38. morgaa
39. BLUFLOWER
40. UserSam7823
41. little_paige
42. RazorXv2
43. SnazzySimmer
44. Jerrello
45. RosemaryGardens
46. beckles123
47. rachel270692
48. GreenDream19
49. kama674
50. Jordan243
51. nightvyxen
52. LordDarthSims
53. BrennBrenn01
54. v12creator

Comments

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    I LIKE this idea so consider me signed. However, I'll be surprised (pleasantly)if they were to actually do something like this. Occults are kind of a niche offering in the game and not everyone likes to play them or even have them in their game, unlike me who actually won't play without them. LOL That being the case, I don't see them going all out and offering something like this. Nevertheless, I support your cause! :D
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks AmaraRena! :) I'm the same way; can't play without them! :D

I'm surprised that they even put creatures in CAS in Supernatural (with cosmetic customization :-o ). So I just want them to take another step further :-)
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign. They should include all occults and the option to turn them off in the base game to give people greater control over their game. That way those who don't want them in the game won't have to miss out on features.
    edited May 2013
    I don't they'll include ALL occults in the base game (probably just ghost). This is mainly for the occults that will come in the expansions :)
    edited May 2013
    bump
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Long as I don't have to have polite vampires, evil witches who can't kill Sims, and ghosts who can't possess anything, I am fine.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    nesgirl wrote:
    Long as I don't have to have polite vampires, evil witches who can't kill Sims, and ghosts who can't possess anything, I am fine.

I KNOW, right???? However, in TS3 if your witch sets the GROUND on fire at another Sim's feet there's a good chance the flames WILL kill the Sim. Evil witches just have to be... creative. ;)
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    /Sign
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see a greater level of control in occults and their spawning behaviour. Didn't someone say there'd be sliders for the zombies way back? And then all we got was a checkbox. Might've been a rumour, but it was a disappointment nonetheless.

Also, I want to see Vampire bite interactions that act more like the heat of the moment kiss from Uni. You couldn't refuse it, only react to it :)

Also, witches! I kind of like that they gave a nod to male witches, although if they'd have chosen a different name for the male counterparts I'd have loved to have seen them called Warlocks (I just don't like the term 'wizard', even as a Harry Potter fan), and before anybody goes off and repeats the 'Warlock = 'Deceiver' thing like we didn't already know about that, isn't all magic deception? All you need to deceive is the senses, it doesn't make you evil or whatever those old legends think xD

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed!
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys! Keep 'em coming! 8)
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed. I can't wait to find out what occults will be in future EP's. I can't play without them (Ever since SUP, no sim I've made has been normal, or at least not for long). I also hope they bring back hybrids, most of my sims in TS2 were hybrids.
  • DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't really understand? I guess it's probably because I don't read/watch fantasy and occult-ish type things.
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    As much as I like your idea Simsfan, I thought I'd expand on it. Why stop at just tuning preexisting occults? How about the ability to create our own? You'd be able to select from a list of different attributes to create things like demons, angels, orcs, elves, boogeymen, incubi/succubi, or lizardmen. We'd also be able to choose their weaknesses, their needs, and how they interact with other sims.
    edited May 2013
    THAT would be cool! I don't know if they'll go that far, but I'm gonna add it anyway. Worth a try.
  • BunBunBunniezBunBunBunniez Posts: 9 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed. :D
    It would be cool for a portion of CAS to have DNA sliders in order to alter the percentage of each occult. It's kind of like how the Aliens from Seasons have DNA and are able to create hybrids.
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up :D That'd be very interesting! And it'd be easy to create hybrids too, I believe, since you can pick things.

I wonder what the WHOA factor of the game will be... Sims 2 was the 3D-ness, Sims 3 is the huge open world, whats the Sims 4 going to be like?
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed! that sounds like it could be pretty cool. :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

edited May 2013
    thanks guys!
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have an idea in regards to occults in Sims 4 and its expansions. What if we were able to choose what powers/weakness they have? We can choose them when we create them in CAS. If they are turned in-game, their powers/weakness will be randomly chosen(or a pop-up can come and we pick which ones we want upon transformation). They would also be hereditary; we can have the options to make them inherit some from both parents, be randomly chosen, or hand-picked.

I think this would be better than having just one version that can only be changed with mods. It's something that can satisfy everyone since everyone has their own interpretation on what the creature's abilities should be. This would be especially useful for occults like vampires, mermaids, or witches since they can have plenty of options available.

I think this is brilliant and I'll definitely sign.

I love the idea of being able to create and fine tune a vampire or other supernatural creature in CAS. It would give us so much creative freedom to play out the storylines we want to create!

This is definitely the type of thing EA needs to put in TS4. Being able to pick and choose and get really creative is what the Sims should be all about. :D

• Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited May 2013
    Excellent Idea.

/Signed!!!
    raw
  • Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign. They should include all occults and the option to turn them off in the base game to give people greater control over their game. That way those who don't want them in the game won't have to miss out on features.

I agree..consider me signed