Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child in Egypt

So I was just looking at my male sim's family tree and I discovered he has a child in Egypt that I had no idea about. I had him travel and complete adventures before in Egypt but he had no romantic relations with anyone in Egypt and I never made him Try for Baby wih anyone. What I'm thinking happened was while I sent this wife, Ashley, back to University after they got married to finish getting her Business Degree the story progression had him cheat with a woman in Egypt and conceived a child. (He has a history with infedility so it didn't surprise me too much). I guess my real question is how do I meet his son and invite him back to live with me? The problem is that his mother, local Amina Lanson(which I don't understand how she has my Sim's last name cause they newer married) has passed away. I can't find her orginal household at all to have my Sim even meet his son. Amina had another son before my Sim and her got together, Helmi, and I've found his household but I can't find my son, whom Amina named Jamal apparently, anywhere. Any suggestions?

Comments

• verdaeniverdaeni Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2013
    using the spellbook you can 'summon acquaintance' though you may not have it, its from the store. i dont know about inviting them back with regular interactions, but there is a testing cheats mechanism where you can click on a person or animal and bring them into the existing family. im really interested to see how this comes out.

V
  • Join430Join430 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice! But the problem is my Sim has never met the son so it's not like I can call him or anything.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited May 2013
    I suspect you sent your Sim to Egypt in the past. The game has built in programming to add new locals to destinations by marrying and giving children to single Sims who visit destinations. (Most of us think of it as a bad bug even though it's really a feature. A hated feature.) It often changes their last name too. If they go back, they end up "grieving" because usually the Sim to whom they were secretly (even to them) married has died. As far as meeting and getting the offspring home again, I don't know any tricks for that.
  • Join430Join430 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Thank you anyways! Through looking around on the internet I've found that this is a pretty common problem.