Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big D@%n Heroes - Firefly CAS Contest - Results Posted/Gifting Complete

bdh_zps7d4ed31e.jpg

Firefly is my #1 favorite TV show of all time, so for my very first contest on GG, I decided to host a CAS Contest of the amazing characters from this timeless show! I adore these characters and their personalities, so I will be looking for both a physical resemblance to the characters in face/body as well as choosing appropriate traits and attire for them.

Content Allowed
All SPs [except Katy Perry Stuff]
All EPs
All store content
CC skins, eyes, and hair

Content Not Allowed
CC clothing, shoes and accessories

Number of entries allowed
2 per entrant; however, you can only win once

Deadline:
June 12th, 23:59 GMT

Countdown Link

Comments

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    requirements_zpsec51c928.jpg

* Entries for this contest must not have been a winner in any other contest on the official or other Sims 3 forums.
    *It goes without saying that your entry must be your own, original creation.
    * Entries will be judged on facial similarity to the character/actor.
    * Entries will also be judged on best choice of personality traits for the character. Your explanation/description in the entry form will be an important part of this. Please be specific as to why you chose each trait.
    *Entries will also be judged on the everyday attire. This does not have to be a direct copy of what the characters wore in the show, but it should reflect the spirit of the show (which was essentially a space western).
    * At least two pictures must accompany your entry - one head shot and one shot of the sim's everyday outfit. Bonus points will be given for additional in-game shots.

Entry Form
    Creator Name:
    Character Name:
    Download Link: [required]
    Traits:
    Description/Explanation: [Why did you choose this character? Why did you choose these traits?]
    Pictures: (include at least 1 head shot and 1 shot of everyday clothing - 5 pictures max)

Judging Criteria
    20 pts - facial resemblance to character
    15 pts - personality traits/explanation
    10 pts - everyday outfit
    5 pts - filled out entry form/included 2 required pictures/picture quality
    Bonus - up to 3 pts for additional in-game pictures (no more than 5 pics total)

Judges & Sponsors:
    Kittkat7147 - Judge and 1000SP sponsor
    Rawr2019 - Judge
    Greencats - Judge & up to 500SP sponsor

Additional judges/sponsors are not necessary but are welcomed :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    entires_zpsa169ba85.jpg

* Wash by jezebelthenun ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Jayne Cobb jezebelthenun ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Inara by Thelessy ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Kaylee by MissKate8 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Shepard Book by MissKate8 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Kaylee by Charicharn ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

* Mal by Charicharn ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

*Simon by Ra345 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

*River by Ra345 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

*River by gaa17 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

*Zoe by gaa17 ENTRY POST :mrgreen:

:) = Entered
    :mrgreen: = Checked and cleared with Custard for allowable CC
    :!: = Problem with Entry (please check thread for info)
    edited June 2013
    winners_zps14b3a0c5.jpg

Prizes:

1st Place - 600SP of items from wishlist: Charicharn for Mal

2nd Place - 400 SP of items from wishlist: gaa17 for River

3rd Place - 200 SP of items from wishlist: jezebelthenun for Jayne

HM - 100 SP item(s) from wishlist:

Thelessy for Inara

Ra345 for River

MissKate8 for Shepherd Book

edited June 2013
    Untitled-3_zpsf43d23c3.jpg

*Entries do not have to be brand-new creations as long as they have not won prizes or awards in any other contest on these or other TS3 forums.
    *Custom make-up is allowable
    *Two entries are allowed per person (only one entry can be a winner)

Reference Photos:

Wash -
    k_cc384a4228e2dc46a967a17c96cf6bf5_zpsc499894e.jpg

River -
    River_zps6f76f5d0.jpg

Kaylee -
    Kaylee_closeup_zpsb7851cc6.jpg

Simon -
    Simon2_zpse583871b.jpg

Shepard Book -
    245495-firefly-ron-glass-shepherd-derrial-book_zps9841a053.jpg

Zoe -
    Zoe_zps119200a7.jpg

Mal -
    MalReynolds_zps4f5667fa.jpg

Jayne -
    19979_jaynecobb8-croppedmore_zps93037e3c.jpg

Inara -
    Morena_Baccarin__6__zps2bdb7a27.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Finished setting up - feel free to post. I hope there are some fellow Firefly fans out there who will want to join :D But don't feel shy if you're not already a fan - there's plenty of info on them out there on the web :wink:
  • Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh oh oh! A few other people have done this contest in the last few months, so I'd put a little disclosure so people know that their entries need to be new so they won't try to recycle lol :lol: I can help judge too if you need any help ^___^ -Nik
    edited May 2013
    Ah, thanks Rawr! Sorry I missed those contests, because I certainly would have entered :D Will add that caveat to the requirements.

And thanks, I would love another set of eyes for judging. Are you a member at BuildersBoulevard or TSS?
    edited May 2013
    D: I don't know what those are :cry: enlighten me? ^____^
    edited May 2013
    Oh, sorry :) They're other TS3 sites for builders and creators (TSS is The Simmers Society) - easy places to communicate since we don't have private messaging here on the official forums ;) Are you on Facebook or any other sites? We could also do email, but I know EA is touchy about us exchanging addresses on here...
    edited May 2013
    Oh, sorry :) They're other TS3 sites for builders and creators (TSS is The Simmers Society) - easy places to communicate since we don't have private messaging here on the official forums ;) Are you on Facebook or any other sites? We could also do email, but I know EA is touchy about us exchanging addresses on here...

Oooh okays lol silly EA XD my email is in my about me so feel free to email me anytime and you can call me Nik ^__^b
    edited May 2013
    Some inspiration for you - Kaylee (Kaywinnet Lee Frye) is my favorite character next to Captain Mal (more on him later :mrgreen: ). She is spunky, smart, and resourceful. She single-handedly keeps the engine of Serenity, the Firefly-class spaceship the crew travels in, humming along. If I ever decide to dress up as a character at DragonCon, it will be Kaylee :lol:

1138490637_kaylee_zps458d27e8.jpg
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello

:) Firefly is popular around these here parts. I did enter the last contest...but I have Kaylee and a Mal that I just loaded up but weren't entered :D I think I need to tweak my Mal.

Would they be ok to enter if I didn't enter them in the last contest? (I think the ones I entered were River, Simon and Shepherd Book. )

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    Well, gosh... here I was thinking I was coming up with something original :oops: Should have known that my fellow TS3 peeps had the same taste in programming I do ;)

But,yes, you can enter Sims you have already created as long as they have not been winners of any previous contests/lotteries here or on other TS3 forums. Looking forward to seeing your Mal and Kaylee!
  • JACKIEMALEK2JACKIEMALEK2 Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited May 2013
    i'm sorry i just want to say i love that series i have the t.v. series and the movie i watch it all the time bug my kids ok back to you
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh oh I LOVE firefly! Bookmarking now so I can lurk like crazy.
  • silfrvargsilfrvarg Posts: 78 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely going to have to give this one a go, I usually don't make people as much as I make pets or buildings but I'll make an exception for Firefly :D
    edited May 2013
    Cool, silfrvarg! Looking forward to seeing your entry :)

BTW - Firefly marathon on the Science Channel today! The Train Job just aired and now Bushwacked is on :mrgreen:
  • sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love how all the women in the show have some texture in their hair. Almost makes me want to add CC hair to my game, but I'm too lazy for that.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
    edited May 2013
    Hello

I need to find the link again...but there is an AWESOME build by Empress (I think that is the builder please forgive if I have the wrong builder..I need to find out for sure) But it is GREAT build of Serenity!! Will post when I can find :)

In the mean time since I think Dr Simon Tam placed I will just share here to give to some motivation and inspiration :D

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6563381

simonheadshot.jpg

:)

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    Hello

Actually, the builder is Sarademoor :) It is a great lot for taking pix for this contest.

here is the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6367094

Enjoy

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    That is so cool, Charicharn! Thanks for sharing. I'm adding that lot to my game. Great Simon, too :)
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mezxijMEAq1rjdp8ao1_500_zps97231deb.jpg
    edited May 2013
    i'm sorry i just want to say i love that series i have the t.v. series and the movie i watch it all the time bug my kids ok back to you

Haha - I haven't met anyone yet who's watched that didn't totally love it, too. And some people I've just gotten to watch it, 10 + years now since it aired. Crazy! :shock:
  • jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love me some Firefly. I entered a few Browncoats into a similar competition a while back, but none of them won. I think I'll give it a go again!
  • jodeuspjodeusp Posts: 205 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I may make a Kaylee sim for this (:
    Is custom make-up okay?

Edit: I lied. I'm going to do Inara.