Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Religion ... Or ... how generic items that benefit everyone should be added

2...Next

Comments

• PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited January 2012
    kittana514 wrote:
    I love these generic ideas as well. I also agree with Jarsie9 about using imagination, it keeps your mind active and you don't have to follow someone else's view or ideas.

Isn't the whole point to Sims about imagination, anyway? I mean, come on. Genies? Vampires? ESPECIALLY with Generations, and the whole dress up chest thing? I mean, from what I've heard about TS1 and TS2, especially. (Never played, wouldn't run on my computer.) I mean, green sims, emperors of evil? Teleportation (spelling? My spell check isn't working atm), an endless amount of things (not really) you can do when building? It isn't exactly real. If you don't have an imagination... what's the point?
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Yes yes yes, this is a fantastic compromise for the whole adding religion to The Sims debate. I would actually love those items for non-religious purposes. This thread is a winner in my eyes, I hope it doesn't die. It would add so many options to the game without forcing or even implying any sort of religion.
    Not sure what else to add to all of that, but they're all great ideas.

@Panther00567 You're awesome. I like the way they did religion in Medieval as well, though I haven't personally tried to make anything religious in Sims 3.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Conorsim wrote:

Indeed I will, Ms. Jarsie. :)

The fact that Iloani posted in this thread - which is about how world religions could be avoided in the game with the use of generic objects - "I would love to make my sims Christian" seemed, to me, totally ridiculous and just contradicted the entire thread.

And then you, Jarsie, came along with your usual cynical humour: "And how, pray tell, does a Christian Sim act?" as well as "The Good Lord gave you an imagination. Use it." I do not think you realise how funny you actually are, Jarsie. Maybe it's just me who sees it. Your pompous attitude in these forums I find hilarious - you say whatever you want, to whoever you want. And rightly so. If you rule this side of the forum you might as well rule it well!

I hope that was a sufficient enough answer for you as I know you are hard to please. I am currently quivering in my shoes just thinking of the response you might give to this. But I will indulge in it nonetheless!

Ugh, that took effort. -_- G'night.

Well, if I *tried* to be funny, it would never work. But I was speaking from one fellow believer to another. My pet peeve is when players expect EA to do all the work for them, instead of being willing to make the effort to shape the game to suit their needs simply by using their own imaginations.

So, wasn't trying to be funny, but if it tickled your funny bone and made your day a bit sunnier, then I reckon my job here is done. :mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie - I think all you need to know is that my humour is a bit ... different :shock: :mrgreen:

Anyway, not to get too offtopic ... Mik, speaking of speeches, debating, I think your idea of debating is great. I was just at one last night, and it did make me think of The Sims, how it could be implemented. Podiums could do so much!!
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2012
    I actually wouldn't mind made up religions as long as they were optional.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to thank EA for using a fair number of the ideas I suggested in the opening post of this thread.

We now have

Podiums, Lectures and we even have a building shell that is very Gothic in it's look :)

God Bless,
    mik