Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious Mr Gnome

KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
I opened up an old game. I abandoned it before the first EP was released.

This is what I found in one corner of the garden of my active household.

Gnomes_Screenshot-262_zps00d4b0df.jpg

There are more of them in other parts of the garden.

I want gnomes. I would like at least one of each type of gnome in one game at the same time without using cheats. But I've never come across this number of them before. There is at least one baby gnome in among the gnomes in this screen shot.

The only gnomes in this garden are Mysterious Mr Gnomes. I think that was the only type of gnome in the game in the beginning. I hope they don't scare others away. I think I'll plant some plasma fruit and get a few vampire gnomes. And add a washing machine and dryer and do a few other things to encourage different gnomes to appear.

I am also hoping this family will give me some interesting snowmen when winter arrives.

Here is the link to the Snowmen thread with a few snowman screen shots. Please add some to it if you have any pictures of snowmen.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676288.page

This link is to my screen shots of Crystal Gardens V2

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675519.page

EDIT: I discovered my posts on the first four pages of this thread contain pictures still linked to my old Photobucket account. They want me to pay them $400 to allow those pictures to show up here. I have already moved all of my images across to my Postimg account so I'm editing the images in the first four pages here to have links to the new account.
Post edited by Karritz on

Comments

• sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hilarious. Run for the hills!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I didn't know there were baby gnomes! How do you get one? Karritz you want each gnome, but don't they die now?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2013
    I believe baby gnomes come with generations if you have two adult gnomes on your lot.
    edited May 2013
    mdmwhite wrote:
    I believe baby gnomes come with generations if you have two adult gnomes on your lot.

Thanks! I wonder what else I don't know. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    :lol: I always sell gnomes if I get them, but I'm always amused at other people's pictures of them, especially when there's a lot.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2013
    WOW :lol: that is hillarious!! I have had gnomes, but never this many!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited May 2013
    There is actually a lot more than this on that lot. There are more of them in other parts of the lot and about a dozen inside the house.

When I first saw them I was going to get rid of them by selling them. Then I thought I'd just leave them for now and see what happens. I didn't think about them actually reproducing though until I saw a baby gnome. I wonder if the lot will be clogged by gnome tombstones if I just leave them to see what happens next.
  • front360front360 Posts: 784 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow that is so creepy :lol:
    It's "Night of The Living Gnomes"!
    front360resized1.jpg
    Siggy made for me by skdluzak: Isn't it beautiful
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love it!!! That screenshot really cheered me up! Thank you for sharing Karritz! It's like Kateoverend's army of ice-cream trucks! :lol: Thank the gurus for weird glitches that make my day! :lol:
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the gnomes! But I have never seen that many at one time. Very cool picture. :D
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your comments. I think I'll try to leave the gnome population of this garden alone. Just to see what does happen next.
    edited May 2013
    Have you played the fire fighter career and had to get rid of the angry gnomes? now that's creepy! :shock:
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited May 2013
    Have you played the fire fighter career and had to get rid of the angry gnomes? now that's creepy! :shock:

I have played the fire fighter career a few times. But not lately. I never experienced the angry gnomes. Maybe that is a career I should try for someone in this game. I have a few families in it and I want do go through a few generations with them. I just kept running into bugs before and abandoned it hoping the bugs would be fixed one day. Now I've put some mods into the game and hopefully they'll handle the bugs for me. I got master controller, over watch and traveler. And I'm on my iPhone so I should just stop typing now. Do my shopping and go home where I have a real computer to use.
  • TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just had my first baby gnome appear in game. They are just too cute. And while I've been anxious to see the gnome family grow, I am glad not to have happened upon what you have there, lol.
    edited May 2013
    Tinkerball wrote:
    I just had my first baby gnome appear in game. They are just too cute. And while I've been anxious to see the gnome family grow, I am glad not to have happened upon what you have there, lol.

Thanks. I did a quick head count and came up with 29 gnomes in the image. I believe the lot has at least 42 on it. So there a lot more that are not shown.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    The only gnomes I had was a the horse one with my house hold that had 2 horses, the dog one with a household that had a dog, magician from my magician sim and vampire cause I grew plasma fruit.

[Mostly speculation with some experience and research:] I think if you have multi races, multi pets, mutli professions/skills you can get them all but it take a while and a very busy household or you can just be an alchemist change your race till you get the gnome of that races (ie I think you have to be a ghost to get the ghost gnome), change professions or do skills that get you gnomes specified to that ie inventory gnome and magician gnome. So yeah with out cheats you can have I think them all just a lot of patience and a lot of changing up :P
    edited May 2013
    The haunted house, digging through trash and the claw machine will give you a couple of rare ones. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited May 2013
    In a few of my games I've been pulling them out of the wishing well. Also building lots of snowmen & igloos on your lot can get one. I've had the ghost gnome without having a ghost in the household. I'll post a few later. I have to go out to an art class now then have work tomorrow. But I'll post what I have some time this week.
  • PuddytoesPuddytoes Posts: 181 Member
    edited May 2013
    You can usually find the World Adventures gnomes in the consignment store along with some of the skill ones (inventing table, sculpting, etc). If you don't consider reading a guide to be cheating, there are a bunch out there that show you how to get them all. I've read 'em but can't remember most.

A word of warning though, if you put any other kind of gnome on the lot besides Mysterious Mister, it will start attacking the Mysterious Mister gnomes and killing them off. There's no real action, per se. They just sort of keep repositioning around the one they're trying to kill, several times a day moving around the property, until he's dead and you get a little statue of him. In my first game save I had about 20 of various types running around the lot and the terrified faces those poor Mr. Gnomes made were sad and hilarious all at once. lol

Edit: I knew I had a pic somewhere.

184163_10150375048662588_1576262_n.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Hi Puddytoes

Thanks for the warning. I did get a dead Mysterious Mr Gnome statue in one of my other games with lots of different gnomes in it.

I'll have to leave getting a gnome collection of different varieties until after I split my current family. I already have 3 generations living in the same house. I think I'll tidy up this household and move on to a new one and start collecting gnomes.

Here's a link to a movie I made a few months ago. It shows a vampire gnome turning teddy bears in to vampire gnomes.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=441970
    edited May 2013
    Puddytoes, I have noticed gnomes moving around my lot in groups. At first I thought it was the ghost gnome ability to group them all together like that. It's when I first noticed. But afterwards, I saw it happening on other lots not thinking much about it although I did stop to look at them. Their backs were always to me so I didn't notice their expressions. lol I did see dead gnomes...alot. Now I understand! :shock:

Karritz, I tried looking at your vid, but it's not playing for me. What else is there about these gnomes! lol I'm going back in my game....not sure if any are still alive. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about the movie. They are a bit temperamental. I find if you right click the link and choose to open in a new tab you often have more luck. But it is about gnomes an so you can't hopefully expect much action. It's a bit like watching paint dry.
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I never knew that other gnomes went after the mysterious mister. The poor guys on my lot! I thought they must have died from old age.

edited May 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    Sorry about the movie. They are a bit temperamental. I find if you right click the link and choose to open in a new tab you often have more luck. But it is about gnomes an so you can't hopefully expect much action. It's a bit like watching paint dry.

What's around the gnome's waist?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited May 2013
    It looks like a life preserver ring. It isn't always around his waist. When he first arrived he stood near the letterbox for weeks with that ring stand on edge by his side. Sometimes he has it standing on edge and he stands on top of it on one foot. He came from the summer festival. You can buy him with festival tickets. But he just shows up like mine did if you go to the summer festival often enough. It seems to be random. I don't often get him.