Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let there be cute clothes for babies!

My greatest wish is that the sims babies will look like normal babies in the sims 4. Similar to sims 2 babies. Also I want them to have clothes that can be changed like toddlers can. How awesome would it be to be able to dress the tiny babies in super cute little clothes :)!

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is something I want as well. :thumbup:

Even create infants in CAS too.
    -Cute clothes
    -Hairstyles
    -Accessories
    -Shoes/Socks

A bit off topic but I think it would be nice to create an already pregnant sim too.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited May 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    This is something I want as well. :thumbup:

Even create infants in CAS too.
    -Cute clothes
    -Hairstyles
    -Accessories
    -Shoes/Socks

A bit off topic but I think it would be nice to create an already pregnant sim too.

I love this idea!
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes! :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2013
    :D I hope we have gowns, infant sleepers, and a blanket option if it is cold.

It might not be a popular idea, but sometimes, I wish that our sims had to buy clothes instead of everything being available to them. Then they could take the clothes home to their closets or dressers and put them up. A clothes store would be nice. Happy simming.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    i hope they look cute. they look kinda scary in sims 3. also my pregnant sim walked like a complete goon i hated it. i removed toddlers from my family cause they never had much to do and children couldn't even teach them to walk. i remember when i was a child i used to pick up my baby brother
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think this is my greatest wish too. I really hope the babies are different in 4; in 2, they resembled their parents from the day they were born. I hate the generic "baby look" that infants in the sims 3 have- they all look exactly alike until they are toddlers.

In sims 2 they didn't have clothes for the infants though; none of the games did. I think being able to make them in CAS is a really good idea too.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    Baby-coveralls-Spring-and-Autumn-baby-clothes-Lovely-shape-Romper-Shackle-anmial-style-cute-baby-wear.jpg

il_340x270.296238085.jpg

free-shipping-sets-lot-2012-cute-baby-infant-boy-s-short-sleeve-long-romper-vest-for.jpg

baby-boy-clothes-1368552006.jpg

Yes please lots and lots of infant clothing.
  • candydreams9candydreams9 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be a lot of fun to have more variety of clothing. Picking a baby's outfit takes barely any time compared to picking, for example, a young adult's outfit. There's not very many choices and I hope they put in more in Sims 4.
    edited May 2013
    Cute photos Anavastia :D!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    agreed :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2013
    davina1221 wrote:
    :D I hope we have gowns, infant sleepers, and a blanket option if it is cold.

It might not be a popular idea, but sometimes, I wish that our sims had to buy clothes instead of everything being available to them. Then they could take the clothes home to their closets or dressers and put them up. A clothes store would be nice. Happy simming.

I agree with this so much! Sims should have to buy clothes then plan an outfit with the dresser. Also I think that there shouldn't be pre-made outfits for each career. Your Sim should get to pick what they wear to work and it can either positively or negatively affect their career. If you are in the business career and wear jeans to work maybe you won't get promoted but if you wear a suit, you will.

I also really hope babies can wear at least onesies or some time of outfit instead of just being wrapped in a blanket. It annoys me. My son was never wrapped in a blanket, he hated it!
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree but I would be happy with just a few baby onesies :)oh and pacifiers and more things for them to be able to do, hmm maybe a baby bouncer to put them in and double pushchairs and car seats, hahaha i'm all for clothes but I think more things for them to be able to do is more important :)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the ideas everyone :).
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimHead82 wrote:
    My son was never wrapped in a blanket, he hated it!

Mine too lol! He would scream and cry until I took him out. My daughter didn't mind it so much, but even so, I don't want it for my sims!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yay, I do hope so. Baby clothes, the single most wonderful and largest waste of money where children are concerned. Lol, They grow out of everything so fast when they are the newborn to 3 months stage, but it's soooo much fun to buy them tons of cute clothes!

And to also be slightly off-topic, someone said about pregnant sims from CAS, I hope we get maternity clothes that are changeable/selectable this time around, single most disappointing thing in the Sims...One freaking outfit for maternity wear, WAY TO GO DEV TEAM!...lol

They could give a few choices of like 2 everyday maternity outfits, and 2 formal wear, which is a joke in the 3rd trimester irl and virtually. Athletic/Swimwear/Sleep....you get the idea. at least two pieces per clothing category would be nice. We love options where our sims are concerned, lol

And Toddler & Baby everything! They'd be more fun to play with if they had more to do and more interactions with everything, each other, their families, their family pets....Oh...sorry, done ranting...
  • Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    SimHead82 wrote:
    My son was never wrapped in a blanket, he hated it!

Mine too lol! He would scream and cry until I took him out. My daughter didn't mind it so much, but even so, I don't want it for my sims!

Or those swaddler things :roll:...Most babies I've ever seen hate being confined, my 1yr is a blanket baby but not wrapped up in one, but she hates being confined. Blankets, playpens, Cribs, She has a toddler bed instead of a crib, always wondered why Sims didn't have those either...
  • bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they change the babies in Sims 4. I really don't like the blankets they are wrapped in at all,they should definitely have a choice of clothing. I also like the idea of being able to make an already pregnant sim in CAS, I would love that! In the base game there should also be pushchairs (strollers)and play pens like in the store, bring abit of reality into the game,why not?
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think if we want our sims to expand and grow with each series, it is high time sim babies became a real part of the series, they should be full bodied babies and certainly have clothing and clothing sets we could purchase from the store...I have no doubt these would become high sellers if we have the proper accessories to make a day in the life of a sim infant more enjoyable to play out...such as floor gyms the baby can exercise on, strollers, rattles to carry in their inventory to play with at random and pacifiers. Sim Mommies should be able to burp their baby and bathe them. There could also be a photography shop (could be a rabbit hole) where familes could get group and single photos including baby from birth to toddlers. There is so much that could be done to make the baby more a part of the family.
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if it would be possible but sim babies and toddlers could have booties or shoes and socks that can come off. Most parents will put socks or shoes on their baby or toddler and the little one will always kick one off and end up only wearing one.

oh that reminds me learning to tie shoes for children would be adorable.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Cute baby clothes are something I want as well. The babies need to be totally redone and improved for TS4. I don't usually even like letting my Sims have babies, but even I want better interactions/animations for them!
  • SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jess1281 wrote:
    Blankets, playpens, Cribs, She has a toddler bed instead of a crib, always wondered why Sims didn't have those either...

I would love a toddler bed in TS4! I used to let my toddler's nap on the dog beds in TS2! :lol:
    Origin ID: SimHead82
    edited May 2013
    So many great ideas, thanks guys ^^!
  • lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd also love to be able to pick maternity wear, right from the beginning. Picking baby clothes would be amazing. Also having toddlers stand up in CAS would be mega amazing too.
  • lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    A little off topic, but perhaps we could have baby showers and do all the fun activities like creating a mold of your belly, getting gifted things like clothes, toys, minor furniture, etc. it'd be a really fun party option! Also, cute interactions such as first baby kick, and with the babies, first smile, sitting up for the first time, laughing for the first time. All those important memories. You should also be able to put together a baby book, full of pictures.

Edit: also instead of buying a crib, maybe your husband or partner could build it or put it together instead. Optional of course.