Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Birthday set issue....resolved unexpectedly.

Comments

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday- I don't think I've received this set either.
  • Options
    MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2013
    Don't feel bad , i never got one in i think 2-3 years i played.

Happy Birthday <3
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ah, the elusive birthday set issue resurfaces... Too bad it's not available somehow, it actually looks pretty nice.

Happy birthday though. I hope you've had a wonderful day :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    I never knew it existed. Thanks for showing the pictures. It is nice to be able to see what it is I don't have and won't be getting. I think I'll still live without it - but it would be nice if we all could have it after all we do spend money here and all of us have at least one birthday every single year.

I got Sims 3 in June 2009 so I've been waiting a long time now for something I didn't know existed until today.

Happy Birthday to all who have a birthday today - and Happy Un-Birthday to the rest of us.

Have a great day anyway everyone...
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and after all these years, I still haven't received the birthday set either. Happy Birthday to you!!! :-D

To all those who've just had birthdays past, I wish you a belated Happy Birthday! :-D
  • Options
    TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy birthday.
    I say its just that they dont think you've gotten any older?
    Did you get into the fountain again? :)
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited May 2013
    Awwww.... still Happy Birthday. I didnt got the birthday set this year, but last year i got it.
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy birthday from a fellow May 10th baby, who is also without the birthday set!
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2013
    Back again.

Well the birthday wishes were unexpected. Thank you everyone!

But most unexpected of all is a lovely "anonymous donation" of an unused birthday code I have discovered in my email on waking up this morning.

Thank you so much. So unexpected and you've really made my umpteen eleventy twelfth birthday much brighter.

A%20Streetcar%20Named%20Desire%20Leigh%20arm.jpeg
    (Special brownie points to those who get the image reference!)

For those who receive codes, please pass them on if they're unused! It looks like EA might never be able to fix this glitch.

Thank you again kind benefactor!
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday Mr Hawk!

I never knew there was a birthday set!

They should just give one to everyone -- mass email -- ASAP! We all had a birthday sometime during the year... :-P
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday MrHawk :) Enjoy your new set :)
    kshna2-gif.26456
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    Mystyrys wrote:
    Happy Birthday Mr Hawk!

I never knew there was a birthday set!

They should just give one to everyone -- mass email -- ASAP! We all had a birthday sometime during the year... :-P

I agree
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited May 2013
    I had gotten a birthday set code back in September for my birthday, but when I went to redeem it, I got an error that it had expired. :?
  • Options
    FlairFlair Posts: 291 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I was wondering where I got those flowers... now I know. Sorry for all you simmers who never got the set.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited May 2013
    :D Happy B-Day Mr Hawk! I never got anything for my birthday either! :wink: Leave it up to the EA to forget us all! :wink:
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2013
    Aww...such a cute set! I've been on this site for at least 3 years, and never gotten anything for my birthday. :shock: :evil: Three months until my next one...maybe I'll get something this time around?
  • Options
    Rosem5321Rosem5321 Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday Mr Hawk!
    I agree there should be a mass email to everyone to celebrate everyones birthday. I never knew the set existed before this post. I hope everyone can have a chance to get the set. I would like a chance to get the set even if I can purchase with sim points. now that Sim 3 is going to come to an end I want to try to get everything sims 3 to complete my collection I hope that's not too crazy, and it would be nice to jazz up my sims birthday when they age up too. Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've never seen this either :-o They've had 4 chances to give me the set and I still haven't gotten it, harsh EA, everyone deserves virtual balloons on thier birthday :cry::lol:
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've seen it - but I never got it either. My birthday is in July, though, so they still have a chance for this year. :)

Oh, and belated Happy Birthday, Mr Hawk!!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday! I've never gotten the set either, but with the series ending, would it kill them to just put it in the store as a free set?
  • Options
    tckoltckol Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree on releasing it maybe in the seasonal section or something. I would love that bear myself and a chance to get it. I too have yet to receive this set
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never recieved a birthday set either. What does one have to do to get it? Is is supposed to be automatic?
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Happy Birthday!

I have been here 13 years and never got this. What does the set look like?

Wow I didnt think Sims 3 existed 13 years ago lol

:roll: I realize TS3 isn't that old. It was meant to be understood that it was an indicator of my loyalty and dedication to the Sims series all these years, as a customer and registered site member.

@BD5141: Thank you for the picture! That would be cute to have. Has anyone recently received this set? Maybe it's been archived and EA isn't distributing it anymore.

• Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ive been signed up to this site since 09 and this is the first time ive even heard of the set!
    It was even my 30th this year but no balloons for me!
    Hell i didnt even get the collectors edition car that i paid extra for as the site wouldnt recognise the code, i dont even remember what the car is any more, just remember that i dont have it lol.
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2013
    Happy belated birthday. Sorry, I wasn't online yesterday to wish it to you on the day. Appreciate all you do for all of us.
    Huggles
    gngrsnp

ps.
    Would like to gift/create you a birthday lot of your choosing, if you like. So, please tell me what you would like me to create for you and your Sim or Sim family you like to play with it on.
    :)