Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 work with TheSims4?

I have a relatively new computer with an i5 microprocessor. It has a video card called
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520. Next year, when The Sims 4 is launched, will I be able to play that newest version of The Sims with my existing video graphics adapter? Or will I be forced to have an upgrade? If so will I be able to? My computer is hp pavilion HPE Model no. h8-1237c with NVIDIA GeForce GT 520. Thanks in advance :):D

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    The only thing that anyone can tell you at this moment in time is if your video card will work with Sims3 and I guess you already know the answer to that.

EA havnt even decided themselves yet what the minimum specs will be, if you go to Sims VIP website you can hear the actual phone call made by EA to the fansites. At this time EA do not know, so how will anyone else?

All you can do is wait and see, save some money for a potential upgrade but dont do anything until EA annouce the minimum specs for Sims 4

This thread will be moved to the Sims 4 discussion board soon in case you lose it
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    We don't know the requirements for The Sims 4, so it's hard to tell at this point.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2013
    It may work but we will have to wait for EA to list the specs first and only they will be able to tell you what would be the best specs to run Sims 4. I believe those that did not upgrade for Sims 3 may to for Sims 4 if they use a new engine and hope they do not make no statements "It can run on my grandmother's computer". I am very confident it will run on all my systems very well w/o having to upgrade. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited May 2013
    Guess we are all just keeping our fingers crossed until they release the game specs.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have the same card.

Nobody knows the system requirements for The Sims 4 yet, so there's no way of knowing if it will work or not.

But one thing you might want to consider is that we have pretty much the worst NVIDIA card currently available.

gtx660tiperformance.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    lookatdesktop2lookatdesktop2 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2013
    GTX 690 Sounds pretty good. LOL.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited May 2013
    well with my computer ACER Aspire X1420G Win 7 54-Bit OP System AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.10 GHz RAM 4.00 GB Nvidia GeForce GT 610 I hope this will really work good right now with Sims 3 it is working beautifully with optimizing using GeForce Experience program and wow it makes the Sims 3 really good play and I hope the games will be cheaper price!