Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let us go SHOPPING!

I hope we can actually go shopping! How cool would it be

- Buy our groceries again!
- Buy and try on clothes
- Buy engagement/wedding rings
- Buy furniture
- Buy Pets
- Buy electronics

ahhhhhh and to like eat at the mall with the family! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Comments

• htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited May 2013
    :D :shock: :lol: :thumbup: Me too! I loved my sim families being able to do all of that! :wink:
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    YESSS!!
    a mall would create sooo much space for us to place more houses and stuff! if there was a mall i wouldnt need 5 spaces for the salon, consignment, grocery, bookstore and various restaurants. thats a LOT of space.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes! Agreed!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely. I miss the clothing stores, the shops we could create with Open For business. Toy stores, flower shops, etc. It would be great to have some more options too. A mall could be really fun with all kinds of stores like in today's malls and a food court with new types of foods. <3
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree, for sure!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    Do keep in mind the limits of this, and why Build and buy existing in the first place.
    If you wanted something new for your house you wouldn't want to go to the cumbersome travels to the store to get it... You would go to buy mode. If you want to build a new room you wouldn't want to go to a store for walls, You would go to buy mode...
  • Bg55642Bg55642 Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes! Agreed! Please let us go shopping again. I hate the way they go "shopping" in TS3. I miss all the outfits and the little displays sitting on the counters and such.
  • NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2013
    Do keep in mind the limits of this, and why Build and buy existing in the first place.
    If you wanted something new for your house you wouldn't want to go to the cumbersome travels to the store to get it... You would go to buy mode. If you want to build a new room you wouldn't want to go to a store for walls, You would go to buy mode...

Build and buy mode would be separate to what you could purchase in a store. Similar to what they did in Sims 1 hot date :lol:
  • DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    edited May 2013
    I miss it. I loved making shops and Malls in Sims 1. I was disappointed with the Omni rack from Sims 2. For me part of the joy is in making the shops and then testing them with Sims.

I want four star restaurants. Fast food counters just make me sad. Maybe they could put in a magic dresser for those who hate the fuss and a hot dog stand for the ones who hate the fuss of restaurants.

Please keep the bars open. Sometimes it feels like if we get something we lose something.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    One of my favorite features in TS2 is SHOPPING! :mrgreen:

So I hope we can shop for:

-Clothes
    -Accessories
    -Furniture/Decor
    -Food
    -Games,Entertainment, Hobbies/Skill related objects
    -Home remodeling like Home Depot
    -Flowers
    -All kinds of stuff

And I hope in base game OFB will be there and our sims can open any kind of business from home or community lot.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    My TS2 sims had a rite of passage, partially due to the bad clothing the game would put them in when they aged up.

-New teens on their age stage would go to the shopping district to buy a cell and new clothes. I had a visitor mod to set the store's clientele, so they could socialize with the teens-only clientele there.
    snapshot_d58e9583_160bb5d5.jpg

snapshot_d58e9583_f60bb689.jpg

They would later move on the teen hangout where the could make friends that they will later meet in University. This way they would already be friends with the sims in their group and could focus on befriending the NPC dormies.
    snapshot_b5929fe6_d668f94e.jpg

The thing is I prefer for my sims to pay for their, not get an infinite selection for free. How extensive my sim's wardrobe was depended on how successful they were in life. Also, EA could always incorporate online shopping for those who don't want to leave the house.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • asheslove85asheslove85 Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree! Please add shopping stores we can actually go inside of, EA! Shopping malls and stuff would be super fun! A place where sims can hang out, shop for clothes and accessories, and eating inside the food court!
  • Sims2N3wbi3Sims2N3wbi3 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Buy engagement/wedding rings = YES PLEASE! That'd be so cute lol. I do miss shopping a lot, I remember trying to find the mall and was like wth? and then found out via google you can't shop on the sims 3.
  • luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've never played prior TS games...just TS3.

Granted, I'd like to see fewer rabbit holes, but if y'all are saying TS2 had shopping outlets for clothes, I wouldn't mind this, provided TS4 had a different clothing style every day and not the same work uniform and every day outfit etc. An in-game shopping outlet sure as heck beats cheating to edit your sim in CAS.

Though it makes me wonder that if TS4 were to include different clothes for days of the week, what would happen to CAS...
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel like the main problem in TS2 with the shopping malls/going shopping was the fact that anytime you went somewhere, there was a loading screen. I don't know about you guys but when I heard about the open world concept for TS3, I thought it would have been PERFECT for the same type of setup that they had in TS2 with shopping, because then you don't get the loading screen, and I had assumed that that's where EA was going with this.

Needless to say I was vastly disappointed. The open world concept would have meshed perfectly with the open stores concept from TS2 because they wouldn't have loading screens. Instead they got rid of the loading screens AND the open store concept.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2013
    YESSSSS, couln't agree MORE, Sims 3 is sooooo boring because of the lack of shopping options, I cannot state this more as I have in other threads about shopping, apart from the very long loading screen in sims 2, the community lots were so much fun, this is why I'm bored with Sims 3, they earn loads of money thru opportunites and careers and such, BUT have hardly anything to buy with their money, thats why I can't wait for Island Paradise, hopefully we can spend our Sims money on boats, jet ski's, water skis, and whatever else is in there to buy, but yes Sims team ,PLEASE PUTIN MORE SHOPPING OPTIONS, MORE COMMUNITY LOTS even the option to shop online other than buying real estate!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG yes they need to open stores, while giving us an open world as well.
    Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
  • amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes!!! This was something wonderful about the Sims 2. I miss the realism it added: As your sim made more money, their wardrobe would grow along with their funds!
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2013
    omg yes! They should implement a shopping mall! And they should remove the feature where you just pay for the meal you cook from the fridge when you dont have the ingredients. Its so unrealistic.

I loved sims 2 when they'd starve because they had no food in the fridge.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh YES! It would be wonderful to have that again.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    They gave us an open world in Sims 3 but failed to give us anything to do in it! (Especially the base game.)

I want my sims to shop for clothes again. It's not special just picking out whatever you want from your dresser (give a buydebug dresser/clothing rack from the shops that people could have in their home if they want full access). I preferred browsing, trying on clothes and then buying what my sims looked best in. I preferred having the home dresser fill up over the generations so there were actual hand-me-downs! :lol:

I'd like to buy jewelry and accessories at a shop that aren't available in CAS without cheats. That's fun for the simming experience.

The shopping network on tv, and online shopping could be great options for stay-at-home sims. They could even make an agoraphobic personality trait if they wanted :lol: That would be kind of cool actually!

But I totally want shopping of all types back. Clothes, books, groceries, electronic gadgets, etc. I also love the idea of malls and being able to put multiple shops/venues into the same large building. Having the salon at a mall with a book store, clothing store, arcade, food court, electronics store, jewelry store, etc would thrill me to no end!!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the idea of shopping for engagement rings. The more expensive the ring, the bigger the chance of a yes :P

Seriously though, this is why I still play the sims 2. I LOVE shopping. I LOVE building shops, and malls, and restaurants. I loved that you could propose over dinner at a romantic venue. Why did you take that away from us EA? Why? Well, I know why. To improve performance issues in the basegame to make more people able to play it, but the many open places didn't prove to be that hard on the game as they thought it would. My theory.
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited May 2013
    yes i must admit i do miss that from the sims 2 and being able to order food by phone and get the delivery van pull up and then the food gets delivered in a little shopping basket
  • SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited May 2013
    Omg! This has ALL of my yes! I miss the whole shopping aspect of The Sims 2. Community lots were one of my favorite parts of the game. It was so much more realistic and fun to have our sims go out to clothing stores when they needed new clothes, go buy groceries when the fridge storage was low, or even call the food truck if we were too lazy to go to the store at the moment. I miss being able to buy electronics, video games and magazines that could boost your sim's interest in new chat topics when they read them and the ability to try on clothing at the stores before you actually bought them. Open for Business just made the shopping ability even better with unlimited possibilities. I miss being able to make toy stores, bakeries, restaurants and even fast food restaurants, car dealerships, and whatever else we could think of. I am hoping and praying they bring the open community lots and first hand shopping experience back in TS4. <3
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif