Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about Store Content Brought

Does anyone know if we would be able to transfer all the store content brought?

Comments

• lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Store content will likely be Sims 3 only and not port over to the Sims 4.
  • mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2013
    My concern is about store content. Are they going to close the site like they did with Sims 2? If so. They make everyone and anyone loose ton of hard earned money on items. I have tried backing up my Sims 3 and the items store bought including Venues, Premium content and worlds are not saved but don't even transfer to the newer computer or factor restored system. So what they need is to make us have allowed to copy the library of store items a permanent CD or DVD. Not whining just want the items that I pay for. Including the games I bought. Origin had all my games from Sims 2 on the menu. Now I only have the ones I bought online. Which means they can at anytime no longer carry those items for you to download. So I lost all my Sims 2 store bought items. My backup disk doesn't allow me to bring over those items. No baby swing, no Mustang, lost all my Sims 2 clothing. So tell me EA is this too going to happen to the over 3000 items, worlds, venues, and clothing I have bought since 2009?
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims 2 just closed pretty recently. I wouldn't worry about this site closing for quite a while :)
  • shinysummershinysummer Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to be able to carry my items over as we all have spent a lot of money of these items would be nice if they let us do it but suppose thats the risk we take
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to be able to carry my items over as we all have spent a lot of money of these items would be nice if they let us do it but suppose thats the risk we take

Do keep in mind to have physical backups for your objects for when the site does eventually go down. It doesn't have to be much, it could be a USB drive or a seperate Backup device :wink:
    Edit
    If my guess is correct you can find store objects in downloads

Libraries > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads
    (This is a Windows 7 way to find downloads, your Os may say something else)
  • Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2013
    Considering the huge amount of stuff in the sims 3 store compared to the sims 2 one, I'm guessing they will transfer all the stuff and accounts over to the new sims 4 store. And if push comes to shove, you can get everything illegally anyway. At least then you can save all your items on an external harddrive or something (not supporting it, just saying...)
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    Spklvr12 wrote:
    Considering the huge amount of stuff in the sims 3 store compared to the sims 2 one, I'm guessing they will transfer all the stuff and accounts over to the new sims 4 store. And if push comes to shove, you can get everything illegally anyway. At least then you can save all your items on an external harddrive or something (not supporting it, just saying...)

They will mostly transfer your Social account to the Sims 4 thats for sure but most of the fact that most of what we bought on Sims 3 store will not be ported. I'm sorry but they have no problem deleting it all and the fact that, what we buy off the sims 3 store is a risk we take when it finaly goes down is hard to swallow... :(
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Of course, that would be nice, but I doubt it would happen! Worlds and Premium Content especially. Worlds and PC most likely will not be compatible. Say they answer our hopes and dreams and do away with rabbitholes, then store bought worlds with rabbitholes would seriously conflict with the new game! Same with PC items. Meshes for clothes and hair might not be compatible either--especially if they give us more customization options for these! Say they give us hair with separate accessories, or hair we can adjust the fullness and/or length of :mrgreen: Then old sims 3 store hair that was once amazing is not worth anything.

I hope they make the new game surpass the current one so that all that store stuff is obsolete and incompatible in the ways I described :wink: I don't want to feel like I wasted money on my sims 3 store stuff, but I don't want to need to buy it all over again either!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Store content will likely be Sims 3 only and not port over to the Sims 4.

Agreed. I would advise everyone to invest in a USB thumb drive and save your downloads folder to it to preserve your store content. The Sims 4 platform will be based on new technology so the items from Sims 3 will not be compatible. If they are I will be EXTREMELY surprised. The Sims 2 Store no longer exists and I have all the items I purchased on a thumb drive for that as well. Supposedly the Sims 2 Store is on Origin and I could download it that way as well. But there is no guarantee it will stay on Origin.
  • Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2013
    Spklvr12 wrote:

They will mostly transfer your Social account to the Sims 4 thats for sure but most of the fact that most of what we bought on Sims 3 store will not be ported. I'm sorry but they have no problem deleting it all and the fact that, what we buy off the sims 3 store is a risk we take when it finaly goes down is hard to swallow... :(

Oh, I'm not saying it will be ported. I severely doubt that. I'm just saying, I doubt it will disappear. At least not for a long while. I meant that they might have a separate sims 3 section in the new sims 4 store, with all your purchases still there.