Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you play without custom content?

I have tried but my sims looked so bland and the houses didn't look "real".

Comments

• ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't I had to install CC as soon as i installed the game
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    I could do it. And I pretty much did for about 6 months after getting fed up with random crashing due to some corrupt piece of CC. I have sense caved and started downloading CC again.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope. Not enough edgy/grungy stuff in the game for me.
  • NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2013
    NO!! I need it!! Its the best thing ever!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2013
    NO WAY!!! Can't anyway, cos of all the glitches. Twallan makes my game playable. EA should pay him...
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2013
    No, never. o_o
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can...

But I have toyed with the idea of trying some out. I'm just so paranoid that I could end up with bad CC that corrupts my game.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited May 2013
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited May 2013
    I could if I had to but I'd rather not.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    No CC, no problem.

No Mods BIG PROBLEM.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    I play whitout it, the CC just doesn´t belong in my way of playing and my coputer can´t handle to much of it either. I do use it for creations though.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    i do not play with mods or cc in my game, to be honest i do not know or understand how it works.
    At the momnet my game runs perfect without either.

I do not really even know what you get with cc :(
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    I used extensive custom content and mods for Sims 2 but for sims 3 I use the bare minimum of mods. Cluttering up the game gets tiresome after a while, and I find if you're creative the sims, worlds and houses can look good. You learn to work with it.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't use cc. I guess there are several reasons for it. One that I once got some bad cc downloading a sim from the Exchange. After that I removed everything I'd downloaded. Another I guess is that I'm too lazy to find out if cc is good or bad. So it's just safer to go without.

And then... While some people seem to think sims made without cc are ugly or boring looking or whatever, I really don't like the way some of the cc looks. It just makes the sims made with it look like they don't belong in the game. While some of the cc-sims I've seen are beautiful, some are just kind of... I don't know how to say this, but too beautiful. Too much like "photoshopped" or airbrushed or whatever. Or too shiny eyes and stuff. It's fine if some people like their sims like that, we all have different aesthetic preferences, but I just don't want sims looking like that in my game. I prefer the sims that can be made without cc.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying. I get real fed up with some CC an have uninstalled most...there's just not a lot of toddler/child stuff in the game so that's what I use :)
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2013

Can I play Sims 3 without CC?

skins - no, I'd rather not play
    hair - no
    height and body sliders - no
    eyes and makeup - it would be hard but probably
    facial and body hair for men - probably
    patterns - probably
    clothing and accessories - yes
    objects for lots - yes
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2013
    Mac platform. I don't play mods or CC. No bad juju for me. Hard enough to keep my game going with just the EPs and store content. I wouldn't want to risk making the gods unhappy. As it is, my game just starting randomly crashing in CAS, so no way for me :cry:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't go back to EA skin or eyes now I have seen and used CC ones. However, the only CC I do use in minimal - skin, eyes, eyebrows, make up, body hair and (sometimes) hair. Also, I don't use Mods.
  • LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I can... But I prefer to play with cc.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2013

From the sims pictured in the Sims 4 gif file the skin and hair textures look a lot better so could probably live without CC if they also have height and more body sliders.

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2013
    I nearly stopped playing before I got mods, so without mods, NO!
    Could I play without other CC, I guess but why would I?
  • amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited May 2013
    There is some I can play without and some I can't. I would say I absolutely need the story progression mod and custom skin. I really enjoy custom hair/eyes and the occasional outfit/decor item, but I could let them go if needed I suppose.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hm... doesn't the Launcher consider all installed items CC? Such as any downloaded Sim, lot, pattern- and Store item?

Then no, I can't. And I can't play without mods. It's not worth it without downloaded lots, Sims, and Store Stuff.
  • Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope. All my amazing sims I've ever created wouldn't be possible without mods. The store content is nowhere near satisfiable for me.