Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So are you still going to buy TS3 content?

So I'm just wondering, with TS4 on the horizon, is this influencing anyone about purchasing future TS3 stuff?

Admittedly, I'm still waiting for the other big draw that might convince me to jump onto TS4 (offline single player was a big one :-) ), but so far its announcement made me think over any future Store and SimPoints purchases. I def. back up my Store stuff and I'm happy with my content for the most part, so I think I'm gonna stop after Island Paradise. Then again, I was thinking I should stick with TS3 until TS4 gets nice content...

I own:

EP:
World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night
Pets
Showtime
Supernatural

SP:
Master Suite Stuff

Worlds:
Hidden Springs
Lucky Palms
Monte Vista

PC:
Coco Fountain
Voodoo Doll
Cauldron
MultiTab 6000
Slots
Blackjack Table
Wishing Well
Fire Oven
Fountain of Youth
Baby Monitor
Baby Swing
Changing Station
Outdoor Shower
Massage Table

900woh.png

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will. If I enjoy it, it isn't wasted to me.
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited May 2013
    I still have some simpoints but I think I won't be purchasing anymore simpoints once they're gone. I am patiently waiting for Dragon Valley then I will buy whatever intriegs me after that and i'm done with the store content. xP unless something really cool pops up. xD
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I plan to buy Island Paradise. Just because there's a new game on the horizon that's no reason for me to not still enjoy the current game.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes I am. Every world,every ep and the last sp and some premium content from the store that's coming out later.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    This question again? :?

Yes. I am going to buy more TS3 stuff. I'm already excited for Island Paradise and the Future EP, whatever's in it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nyosim wrote:
    So I'm just wondering, with TS4 on the horizon, is this influencing anyone about purchasing future TS3 stuff?

Admittedly, I'm still waiting for the other big draw that might convince me to jump onto TS4 (offline single player was a big one :-) ), but so far its announcement made me think over any future Store and SimPoints purchases. I def. back up my Store stuff and I'm happy with my content for the most part, so I think I'm gonna stop after Island Paradise. Then again, I was thinking I should stick with TS3 until TS4 gets nice content...

I own:

EP:
    World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Late Night
    Pets
    Showtime
    Supernatural

SP:
    Master Suite Stuff

Worlds:
    Hidden Springs
    Lucky Palms
    Monte Vista

PC:
    Coco Fountain
    Voodoo Doll
    Cauldron
    MultiTab 6000
    Slots
    Blackjack Table
    Wishing Well
    Fire Oven
    Fountain of Youth
    Baby Monitor
    Baby Swing
    Changing Station
    Outdoor Shower
    Massage Table

You should add seasons. It adds so much to the game.
  • Options
    idontknowmateidontknowmate Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I never completed The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 expansions since when they came out, I was couldn't afford them by myself but so far I have all The Sims 3 expansion packs. I'm compelled to finish that collection. So yes, I will continue to buy Sims 3 expansion packs. But since I'm don't by store content and extra worlds often, I'll probably skip the new ones. If Dragon Valley is really good, maybe I'll get that too.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    At first I wasn't going to but after doing the math on how much i've spent on the sims 3, I plan on holding onto it for a while. I even pre-ordered IP tonight and I also plan on buying the remaining stuff for the sims 3. I was going to get the sims 4 but at this point I don't know if I will or not since i've never fully explored the sims 3 with everything installed.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because I'll keep playing sims 3 for quite some time after Sims 4 is released, most likely
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely getting IP, Dragon Valley, The Movie Pack and probably the Future Ep if I like what's in it enough :D

I hope I can manage to get my hands on the store stuff I really want before it's gone (I probably own a good portion of the store already, but there are a few things I simply MUST have!)
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited May 2013
    You do realize you spend over $10 when you purchase a room of furniture? $20 when you buy a world?

Add up what you've spent on sims 3. If you have all the expansions and stuff, not counting store purchases, you spent over $500.

And yet we have to delete cache files, and use nraas mods to find lost sims.

I sure hope I don't lose seasons and weather, pets, etc.. yet again. And then watch a sim stand for 2 sim minutes before responding to an animation request, and walk across the house to perform it.
  • Options
    CYNDIOB1955CYNDIOB1955 Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    I actually quit playing pretty much after Seasons, I don't want university and am not spending money on new towns.
    Just sold all my old games on ebay except for Seasons so I could play if wanted to. Thank heaven I bought the monster of a computer this year, wasn't going to do anymore Simming but of course soon as I saw the Sims 4 ad, well you know.
    :-)
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am definitely going to keep buying the expansions, stuff packs, and store items. So what, the sims 4 is coming out. That doesn't mean people have to stop playing the older versions. It doesn't make the older versions any less fun.

I still play the sims 1 and the sims 2. I will keep playing them and the sims 3, when the sims 4 comes out. Just because something is a new shiny, doesn't mean we have to abandon what we already own and play.
  • Options
    Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would get some EPs if they go on sale.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • Options
    Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I still have a while to go, so I'll buy what I want. I can't as easily afford everything as I used to, but probably the expansions at least. Probably.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2013

Since the Sims 4 won't come out until 2014

I will complete the collection with the last two expansions and the last stuff pack :)
    Store however is just too expensive for me now with paying rent and collage fees ect.

I will need to see how the Sims 4 looks, so will wait a few weeks after it comes out to check game play and reviews about it. I don’t trust how it going to be until. I see it. I can see the same thing happening with content like the Sims 3 and loads of expensive store content will likely come out soon after the Sims 4 comes out

The Sims 3 was very different exspeareance regarding content in the whole series of the Sims
    Will have to see and hope they get that right with the Sims 4 base game

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    This!!! I was just thinking the same thing. :D
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes cause im a collector
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am definitely buying Dragon Valley and PROBABLY will buy Island Paradise. Essentially, as long as they keep putting out things I like, I'll continue to buy them. I won't be bothering to buy Sims 4 until after it's been out awhile and thoroughly beta tested by other players. Nor will I buy it until there is comparable content to what we have now. There are only 3 things that would make me consider buying Sims 4 on release and it looks like only ONE of them may even be a possibility at this point.
    1. Character creation as good as EVE Online.
    2. Private servers so you can play with your friends online if you wish to.
    3. ALL life states currently available in Sims 3 being available in the base game.

Looks like #3 is the ONLY possibility and a slim one at that. So while I will watch Sims 4 develop with interest and will add input the fact is that I'm not yet at all excited about it. So yeah, I'll still be playing and buying things for Sims 3 for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Ingridtk5Ingridtk5 Posts: 112 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking of getting University Life and Island Paradise (and mentally preparing myself for the epic battle as I try to get it to run on my mac). But now I'm not going to bother.
    I'll just make the most of the 4 EP's I've got now and save my $$ for the Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2013

I'm one of EA's "beloved Mac folk", so no Seasons for me. :(

\
    jtravers88 wrote:
    You do realize you spend over $10 when you purchase a room of furniture? $20 when you buy a world?

Add up what you've spent on sims 3. If you have all the expansions and stuff, not counting store purchases, you spent over $500.

I added up the costs of my EPs (LN SHO and SN were gifts), one SP and my Store stuff, and I got $295 all together.
    900woh.png
  • Options
    luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nyosim wrote:

\
    jtravers88 wrote:

I added up the costs of my EPs (LN SHO and SN were gifts), one SP and my Store stuff, and I got $295 all together.

Are you saying that Seasons won't run on the Mac?

Because everything I've read about Seasons says it exists for the Mac.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will. :D
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nyosim wrote:

Are you saying that Seasons won't run on the Mac?

Because everything I've read about Seasons says it exists for the Mac.

Oh nonono, I didn't mean it like that. Sorry Lucky ^_^;

To clarify, like everyone else I was SUPER excited to buy Seasons (since I never got it for TS2) . . . but then a very large chunk of the other Mac users claimed that their game started to crash to desktop, glitches everywhere, etc. Soo I didn't take that chance. (I always wait for reviews)
    900woh.png