Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 online; Opinions please!!!

I would love to invite my friends to play in my world as a GUEST and vise versa. Not like in WOW or Guild Wars where you are wandering around with other players. Say for instance, you and I are friends online and I invite you into my world to play at the same time. You and I can converse and go places in my world together. Like if I built an arcade and I want to show it off by inviting you in my world to play it. Than you can have the option to upload it if you like it for yourself. You see it first hand. And you can invite up to a certain amount of friends to visit you world and play at the same time you are. And you don't even have to stick around but are welcome to explore. And of course you can't change anything in someone's world. And the only time you can go into build mode would be when you have no visitors. Like you can't do it if there is a fire or death now. That would be an online I can enjoy. You can view the store items or any of the uploads a person has. But you can't use them for yourself in your own world but experience them in someone else's.
And to point out, I think it would be good that the ONLY time you play online with others is when you invite them to play. Other than that you would play on your own.

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's not a realistic setup, or one that would ever happen.

Pretty much, very, very few games have accomplished what you're talking about, and even then parts of the off-line game have to shut down or the game has to be coded with parts of the online game requiring online access. And even then, they've found there are less glitches if they just go completely online.

But, what you describe is possible without glitches! ... on handheld gaming consoles.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

Not really. This isn't something I'd want to play. I've thought about trying Second Life but it all seems so... strange.

I never got why people want to visit their neighbors houses in TS3 (from TS2). I liked when Sims visit my Sims- I got to control things... and hardly anyone is ever home when invited to parties. My TS2 parties were always fun when friends came over. :lol:

I do share my worlds with others. They can move around, check out the lots, play the Sims I add, even mess them up a little. Just, not while I'm playing. :D

Nothing against some who what this, hope they can find their game.
    But, not in my sandbox. ;)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited May 2013
    No thanks. I am not a fan of having other people running around in my game. I want to be able to play without having anyone tell me when to get on and how to play my sims. If I want to socialize with people then I will get dress and go out and visit with friends and family or call people on the phone and talk. The sims is my alone time just for me and no one else can intrude into my game. I much would prefer to download player made worlds and play in those worlds and check out their buildings and houses without having to enter into some one else's game. I have the showtime ep but I have never ever used simporting.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2013
    No thanks, I like my single player game.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was absolutely against Sims 4 with the thought that it was a on-line game. Once they confirmed that it was not... I plan to pre-order when available. I am personally against on-line gaming.. don't want it!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who loves the notion of playing Sims online with their friends should honestly be asking for The Sims Online 2. That's what The Sims Online was, but it was so old it had the graphics from the original Sims and eventually was cancelled. The Sims franchise has always been single player with elements of multiplayer, as in sharing the content you make with your friends. I doubt that will change.

So yeah, ask for The Sims Online 2. :wink: