Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-Lot

Similar to Create a Sim, Create a Pet I'd like to see for Sims 4 if there's a way they could give us a build/buy option for a lot outside of a world, that would be savable and importable to our world bins. Sometimes you just don't want to open up a world to build a lot and it's not really for a specific world yet, just something you're working on designing. Obviously this feature would give us access to all build/buy options including buydebug items.

Sorry in advance if this has already been brought up.
It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.

Comments

• Options
    VanillaPepper_VanillaPepper_ Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love this idea. Sometimes I just want to build. This would simplify it so much.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's a great idea.
  • Options
    LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
    edited May 2013
    Yes!

Sometimes I just want to build lots and experiment without actually having to build it on one of the lots.

Great idea :)
  • Options
    MihajloStasukMihajloStasuk Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    That's a nice idea! I love building but sometimes I don't build houses in witch I want my Sims to live in i just build them for fun and I don't want to waste lots in my worlds... :P
  • Options
    MacD13MacD13 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes please!
  • Options
    Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sounds great.
    To make a sim you also have to go into a world, would be sweet if you can start creating whatever you like from the main menu.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited May 2013
    Effix79 wrote:
    Sounds great.
    To make a sim you also have to go into a world, would be sweet if you can start creating whatever you like from the main menu.

omg I love your siggy :XD: And I also like your idea about making sims in the main menu, sometimes I go into my game to do just that. And OP, nice idea:thumbup: I hope this is in the game as well:)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love this! You know how I feel about having to load the last household I played inorder to even just get into Edit Town so I can build or move things or make a Sim.. :thumbdown:

This would be great! And CAS in main menu..no loading of last save necessary!!

I hope to goodness the UI is nothing at all like TS3's UI..I would be so happy!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I think you've got a great idea there! I love creating sims and lots and it's a pain to have to load up a saved game just to do that!

I play the game, so I want the gameplay to be awesome.

But I also create sims and lots and I want the tools for creation to be powerful and detailed, and it would be awesome to have them as separate, smaller programs we could run when we don't intend on playing!

They can't do away with in-game build mode or create-a-sim, but if they gave us powerful versions as stand-alone programs bundled with the game, I know we'd love that!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope blueprints is part of it. I really like using blueprints (once I figured out how to use them correctly) but the current blueprints are boring and the blueprint kids rooms are so small, and do not provide enough room for toys. If we could make our own blueprints and upload them to the exchange that would be cool!
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

I don't know. . . I don't want a lot of start up shortcuts for things like CAS, CAL, CAP, CAPet, CAwhatever.

How about ... for the launcher (cause they'll probably have one too) instead of only opening the game, it can have the option of what you plan to do in your play session.

A large panel with Tabs or a Scroll- can open the Create a Sim and only load that. Another tab will be Build a Lot and will load the lot you want or choose to start a new lot. Same with Pets when they're out and patters/wallpaper/floors...

That way there's one entry to the game, to uploads, to side buildings.

I'm so tired of having to update CAW with the Game (when they get the updates for CAW). This way it can update just the Launcher.

Remember, CAP is a stand alone and doesn't use the game patterns. It's totally separate.
    CAW does use the game items and has to be updated separately... and it's a hassle most of the time.

An idea only. :D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's a great idea Rflong7. Given your expertise with CAW you're probably much more aware of limitation and benefits of using the ancillary tools. Just...something along the lines would be nice. Most of my worlds loads within a 5 minute point, but I have a couple of older ones that take 20 minutes to load. :shock: They play just as well as the others once loaded it's just massive amounts of data.

I can't imagine that Sims 4 would not end up being the same way.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    Good idea! And PLEASE, being able to create our own lot sizes would also be wonderful.