Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 CAW

I for one hope they come up with a CAW and that it is more user friendly. The CAW now requires alot of practice to get something that looks halfway decient. I give props to all our current world builders. But what are some features you would like to see in a NON-beta version of CAW for the sims 4.

I would like to be able to do many things with CAW but i cant i wish for better pre set land maps once that wont require a lot of sculpting.

Also i wish for the new CAW to be updated with each ep/sp without the bugs and long wait times.

And i want water plains to be easier to make give me a river tool with out a lot of work to unlock the program and let it be multilevel in other words i want my river to FLOW down a hill not have to have a waterfall.

What do you all think,

Comments

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited May 2013
    peoinee wrote:
    I for one hope they come up with a CAW and that it is more user friendly. The CAW now requires alot of practice to get something that looks halfway decient. I give props to all our current world builders. But what are some features you would like to see in a NON-beta version of CAW for the sims 4.

I would like to be able to do many things with CAW but i cant i wish for better pre set land maps once that wont require a lot of sculpting.

Also i wish for the new CAW to be updated with each ep/sp without the bugs and long wait times.

And i want water plains to be easier to make give me a river tool with out a lot of work to unlock the program and let it be multilevel in other words i want my river to FLOW down a hill not have to have a waterfall.

What do you all think,

Well they gave a hint that we'd have far more control of our worlds. I'm hoping since SimCity5 and Sims4 was being developed at the same time that we will see our worlds be more like the "regions" in SimCity where we can have "multiple" towns within a region. Thus, we can expand our "region" as EP's offer new towns, new places to visit etc. I want more in game customization of our worlds. I want to be able to drag and drop roads, extend beaches, move towns around... like SimCity. That has ALWAYS been what I was hoping to see The Sims aspire to one day. LOL I'm actually really interested in the new worlds and how they will work and what the graphics update will be like. Everything else is gravy to me :) We already have an indication of what the Sims 4 sims will look like and I like it. So I'm eager to learn more about the worlds themselves, and seeing how the graphics have changed.

UGH! E3 can't come fast enough. June 8th right?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, they did give a hint about moving land out the way and redoing roads- I think I read it about the roads. I definitely read about moving land to place lots (and share!). :D

... I so wish I had bookmarked (thought I did) :(
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm really really hoping there's a world builder as detailed as CAW - but instead, it'd be part of the base game and of course more uder-friendly. It's such a basic thing to be able to create our own worlds, our own settings, and the fact that we didn't get it immediately in TS3 I found ridiculous.

AND YES! To have water flowing down a hill without it being a waterfall would be great.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited May 2013
    If the in-game world builder is good i really hope they dont have the same routing issues ive read about that we currently have. Right now we can drop lots down in unzoned areas but ive heard it doesn't rebuild the routing so it causes issues.

If they are going to allow land and road movement i hope they found a way to do auto routing rebuilding.
  • HorseyMandzHorseyMandz Posts: 41 New Member
    edited May 2013
    They didn't give that hint about the worlds, a player claiming to have cracked the coded message' did, and we quickly ascertained that player was lying :( Unfortunately, many people thought that the player was telling the truth, so it has spread around as such.
    Anyway, I hope just as you do for a more user friendly CAW!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    They didn't give that hint about the worlds, a player claiming to have cracked the coded message' did, and we quickly ascertained that player was lying :( Unfortunately, many people thought that the player was telling the truth, so it has spread around as such.
    Anyway, I hope just as you do for a more user friendly CAW!

Really? :shock:

Thanks. :)

Guess I'll be quiet now. :lol:
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want a user-friendly world editing tool and at least basic templates to work with--I can't make a good world with CAW because by the time I get the terrain done, there's a new EP and CAW needs updating and then my world project wont open anymore :roll:

I miss my custom towns I used to make with EA's basic templates in Sims 2. I want that back, and I want to be able to connect sub-neighborhoods to my main town! No more isolated worlds, please!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.