Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA needs to be in base game

2...Next

Comments

• lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    *nervous* You mean not everyone has an i7 with 16gb of ram?

At least support the iSeries. I'm completely prepared to upgrade my computer for the game (let's face it.. I wanna upgrade it anyway).. and I wanna make sure that I'm not gonna waste my money if the game won't run at 64-bit.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited May 2013
    Weather can be turned off for anyone whose computer can't handle it. It would be nice to have earlier in the game rather than later :)
  • SKColcloughSKColclough Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    If I remember rightly most, if not all, of the Sims games have the ability in the options menu to amend the settings for the graphics to improve performance ;)

So just run it on lower settings for your out-dated machines to handle the game =) Then the rest of us with the machines that can handle it will be able to admire the new and improved graphics. Win-win situation!

__

I agree with others though that the weather and pets feature will be where they get the money from by releasing them as expansions. But would be good to see these as the earlier EPs.

I'd love Sims 4 to include the ability to build terraced/semi-detached houses. Being British, I long to play in a world that is more to my taste and have Victorian terraced houses that are all livable but are technically different lots. Or the very least to have apartments work like they did in Sims 2.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I remember when Fallout 3 came out and my husband and I didn't have a lot of money. He pitched a fit because he needed a new computer and I tried to be understanding, and soon we got him his new computer in time for Fallout 3. Then I didn't even have to pitch a fit--he just went and got me a new computer for Sims 3. He has since gotten 2 more new computers for me for the Sims 3 :lol:

The moral of the story: if you love a game, you buy the computer that can play it.

EA, by all means, build the best game you can. Your fans love the game and they'll upgrade their dinosaur computers sooner or later, just for you, so don't you worry! Go make the awesome game we all want :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • buntinggirlbuntinggirl Posts: 69 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Id love to see weather and the ability to swim in open water retained in the base game. I'd like more cohesive community lots - I'd like there to be shopping lots, encompasing places to eat and drink, lots for entertainment and relaxation. I think the taxi's should not be free - heck, could we have buses? I'd like there to be the ability to farm - we've got chicken coops now in 3.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sc3niX wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    The base game only has to have the basics and necessities.

- Weather isn't a necessity
    - Business Sim. isn't a necessity
    - Farm Sim. isn't a necessity
    - Renting

Not everyone can handle weather, and not everyone likes it. Same for the other two. They're themes, not basics.

As long as community lots exist properly in The Sims 4 they may be on to a winner. Restaurants, shops, a mall as you have mentioned. EA ruined The Sims 3 with the lack of customisable content. Patterns are nice, but what about building a town, playing your Sims the way you want rather than the way EA wanted you to play them?

The story telling feature that comes up when inside a restaurant completely ruined The Sims 3. It wasn't a simulator game, it was a story telling game.
    im sorry but i disagree with 'not everyone can handle weather' statement. If your pc cant handle weather, get more ram. Its that simple. If it still doesn't work smoothly, then return that ancient thing back to the museum and buy a new pc. Pc spec requirements aren't going to get less. So if you want to stay with an out dated pc dont expect others to do that too. Im just speaking in general though.

I actually have to agree with you. computers are getting better games are only going to require better and better. I feel it really is unrealistic for ea to try to cater to a small amount of people who cant run it and leave the rest with a game that doesn't feel up to today's standards.

Yes i understand computers are expensive and not everyone can upgrade pieces or the entire tower but seriously if your still running XP and dont meet the minimum requirements for a large group of games you shouldn't complain that EA has left you out. EA is keeping up with the times. my computer cost me a grand total of $800 with a Video card power supply and ram upgrade i can run almost any game on med to high graphics. i went slow when i upgraded. I couldn't afford it right out of the gate so i had to grit my teeth and bare it.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    matiaz wrote:

In my opinion, EA should not have to worry bout players computers and what they can handle.
    Just bring on the high end graphics and photo-realistic sims, if your ancient computer cant handle that, well, boohoo for you, buy a new computer and take a step to the present or just keep playing the old versions.
    All im saying is that, that players outdated computers should not be an obstacle to the development of games.

This reminds me of something that Marie Antoinette never actually said, even though legend says she did: When told that the peasants in Paris were starving for lack of bread, Her Majesty replied: "Well, let them eat cake."

So, this little cavalier attitude may be very well for someone who is either lucky enough to work full time or lives with mommy and daddy and whose parents indulge him by buying him/her a new computer every year....but for the majority of us, it's a slap in the face.

"Aw, your computer can't handle the Sims 4? Tough bananas. Get with the program and go out and buy a new one. And too bad if you can't afford it. Then don't bother buying the Sims 4, just keep on with the Sims 3, but since what *I* want is more important than what *you* want, peasant, EA needs to cater to *me* and to heck with the rest of you."

Honestly...that's exactly how I interpret this type of arrogant and mindless drivel.

its not arrogant at all. Im not trying to be rude, but technology isnt going to stand still just because your system cant handle the latest graphics. Its only going to get worse and worse for you to keep up with the latest technology if you stay with one system for years. Trust me i know how it feels to have a bad pc, i had the same one for years, and eventually i stopped buying games and saved that money for a new pc.

I feel bad for the people who cant buy new pc's. But dont blame the people who can for your bad pcs. We had to pay money for a better one so we have the right to ask for a game for great graphics.

'saying i cant afford a new one is all right' but don't expect technology to wait for you to improve your system, it wont.

Well said, Sc3niX. I already know that I'm going to have to buy a new computer to play Sims4 next year. I don't have cash flowing out of my pockets, either, but inbetween each Sims series that has come out, I have sacrificed and saved up for a new computer or upgrade for each phase. It is difficult, but every 4 years or so, it CAN be done with the right budget planning.