Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sub-hoods, Neighborhoods, Worlds and time zone.

I hope there will be more than just one sub-hood, neighborhoods, world (what ever you want to call it) with the base game, like in Sims 2 having the option of 3 neighborhoods to choose from was great.

Also if this is possible I'd love to have the original Sims 1 Neighborhood 1 with Old Town attached.

Lastly as much as I like the Sims 3 being set before all the previous Sims games I'd like sims 4 to be set just before sims 2 or just after Sims 2. So to use a Sim everyone knows, Cassandra would either be a teenager or an adult (I count her as a young adult in Sims 2)

But other worlds could be set before and after like Luna Lakes etc.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they don't even give us a timeline. It messes with my head to see in one world Sims that are children before being adults in TS2..and then in another world the Pleasants as YA..I can't stand stuff like that.

Yes, to templates like we had in TS2..lots of them! A choice between which town we want to play and easily switchable if we tire of it..and not lose our progress though, and 'vacant' templates so we can make our own custom hoods! No more CAW, Yay! Please.

But I think it might be too late if it is coming out in Feb - April next year. The engine would be done by now.

If we have to have timeline then let's jump forward where Cassandra would be dead and her grandchild would be in a story..

But Please,Please, don't make the game to where I can't delete the premades without causing corruption because they are so tied to the background of a town..that was just crazy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Timelines. I hate timelines, personally. I always just have pretended that the different series are alternate universes and the versions we see in the different series are not the same universe version. I know it's really a nice little thing they do to tie the series together and for nostalgia's sake, but if you really start thinking about it, it gets complicated.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

I really don't want a timeline. The Sim carryovers from previous games felt like a let down and I really couldn't play them.

The Caliente sisters... not even close in personality.

I realize most love them in the base game but me. :lol:

I just want new Sims who'll pull me in with fun characters and storylines of their own. New Sims, not rinsed and tried to be remade old Sims.
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    Egads--I hadn't even thought along these lines. I don't want to lose Sunset Valley...another thing that will cause my feet to drag.

• Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes to Timelines!

Timelines are so important to The Sims. It gives you a sense of were everything is. Plus, in TS2 I loved making the future versions of the Sims I had in the original TS. Same goes for TS3-- I loved making their ancestors/descendants based on which world they were in.

Oh, and just a minor pet peeve. The Sims 3 isn't base before TS. Sunset Valley, Riverview, Bridgeport, and Hidden Springs are set before TS, but all the other worlds are in a different time period.

For example, LP is in between TS and TS2.

I agree that TS4 should be sometime after TS2. I'd love to see Alexander Goth as a mad scientist trying to bring his father (Morty) back to life. While Cassandra is a stay at home Mom who takes care of five children while Don sleeps around!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:

I agree that TS4 should be sometime after TS2. I'd love to see Alexander Goth as a mad scientist trying to bring his father (Morty) back to life. While Cassandra is a stay at home Mom who takes care of five children while Don sleeps around!

That is so funny to me! I played that in TS2 (except Alex was trying to make a wife!) :lol:
  • DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i agree, they need to work something out I think.

about timelines, not really sure. A little bit of the previous sims is nice but i don't care too much.

This was my suggestion on worlds anyway
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675487.page
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Possible :)
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    The first thing I do in a new neighborhood is kill the townies--I send those suckers straight to data heaven.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    indyChick wrote:
    The first thing I do in a new neighborhood is kill the townies--I send those suckers straight to data heaven.

ME TOO! I hate pre-mades. I'd rather have randomly generated sims than pre-mades you're stuck with every time you create a new game in that town :roll: I always "rapture" all sims in the town before I start playing.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.