Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Want YOUR Opinions On TheSims 4

Hello fellow simmers :)! I hope you know that the Sims 4 was announced yesterday. But. some people aren't too happy about it. They think it's too soon. But my question is, would you

rather it be here soon, or never. But, I want YOUR opinion on what you want in the base game. Here's mine:
1) Better edit town. I Dislike how the sims 3 needs a complicated Create-A-World Tool. I'd like it better if it was like the Sims 2 for the Sims 4. Kind of like a mini-Sim City for The Sims

4. I personaly feel there should be about 3 pre-made worlds with characters that have built life stories. You should also have a create-a-world thing in game, like the Sims 2, but more

complicated. Have around 10 pre-made ones to customize to your liking (or just like the start of create a world, empty to customize more) with terain tools and road tools. Terain tools

like raise, flatten, water, ect. With road tools, I feel there should be regular, dirt, avenue (two lanes), freeways (two+ lanes), and one way roads. Then, you put in trees and other

accesories to the world. Lastly, lots. I feel that there should be able to customize it by using pre-made ones (like 10x10, 20x20, 30x30, ect.) and be able to customize the size yourself.

Maybe some extra things, like making crime rates for areas or flood zones (see 2), but that might be too complicated.
2) Things that should be in the base game that were in expansions. I feel pets and weather should be in the base game. They try to make the Sims to be like real life (ussualy) and I

feel it's not without these in the base game. Pets, EVERYONE has pets these days. Why do my sims wait for a year without pets. Weather, I think it should be more realistic. Seeing

snow automaticaly pop up higher, I don't really like it, I feel it should be more seeing it rise (or pop up slowly) and get higher, to the point where cars are staled in roads and my sim can

die. I know that's kind of mean, but I feel that way. I think there should be natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, ect. Also, more minor storms, like blizzards, tropical storms,

damaging winds, ect. Most people probably think, well, that doesn't happen everywhere. I think you should be able to disable and make common certain weather patterns and

disasters for certain areas. Also, how about having an option to choose the temperature patterns for the certain seasons. For all 4 seasons, you should have an option for each that

says Extreamly Hot, Very Hot, Hot, Warm, Average, Cool, Cold, Very Cold, and Extremaly Cold Like, if I want to make a place based in Florida, you could disable things like snow,

blizzards, ect. And make things common like floods, hurricanes, and tropical storms. Also make summer very hot, fall warm, winter cool, and spring hot. Of corse, you can have drouts,

heat waves, and a rare cold snap that happens once in a while. But, this is probably too complicated.
3) Rabbit holes. I hate them. I want to see my sims at school, build them a school. Maybe, have a little buydebug thing that let's you set a room to be a classroom, principals office,

library, ect. Same for jobs. I hate going to rabbit holes for stores too, why not no rabbit holes?

Comments

• mylifefan4lifemylifefan4life Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Wat do you guys want.
  • Ladyvol03Ladyvol03 Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    I think it is way too early, as a teen I only have so much money but I love the sims. Adding Sims 4 causes me too need a new base game or just stick to no more new EPs. :(:(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've got no problem with rabbit holes for school and jobs -- maybe if they follow the Uni Life approach where you have some rabbit hole activities and some "in the open" activities. For school, it could be rabbit hole most of the time but the field trips as more interactive; not just field trips to rabbit hole destinations but to parks or the art museum. Need to have some rabbit holes so folks can have a break from controlling all of their Sims.

Very much want open restaurants where you can watch Sims interact while they eat, and a lot more interactions at the family dinner table. I'd be open to having the kitchen area be a rabbit hole; I've wondered if you could have a special marker, like the ones for the Seasons festival lots, where you could place that and choose the type of cuisine (from family-friendly to high class) and it would produce the menu with appropriate pricing), place that in the "kitchen" space then you can decorate the dining area yourself. For family dinner table interactions, when you choose "call household" on the serving plate give a choice between "fast meal" and "slow meal" -- fast meal would be for mornings when family members have to eat fast to get to work/school, slow meal would be for evenings or weekends when you can take more time, have more talking. Maybe kids could have a "play with food" interaction, and get lectured by their parents.

I think weather should be in the base game -- not sure about pets since not everyone is into that. More customizable weather options without mods; if you want natural disasters fine, but if you don't you can turn them off. I would like to see more effect on the Sim world from weather -- I haven't even gotten a snow day yet for my Sims! (If weather is going to be in the base game, provide the greenhouse as a standard item rather than forcing people to cough up extra, or provide other ways to grow plants indoors.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ladyvol03 wrote:
    I think it is way too early, as a teen I only have so much money but I love the sims. Adding Sims 4 causes me too need a new base game or just stick to no more new EPs. :(:(

Sims 4 isn't out until sometime next year -- I'd think fairly late next year, maybe even late Fall for folks shopping for Christmas gifts.

The main thing that'll keep me on the Sims 4 sidelines will be if there isn't a Mac native version and Mac players still forced to limp along on the Cider emulator. I'm definitely taking a wait and see on that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping for those event-videos to return(You know, when you got abducted by an alien, first kiss, woo-hoo, etc); I thought they were a really enjoyable part of the game.

I also agree that pets should be a part of the first game(Though, they won't make money by including everything we want in the first game...)

I hope that the story progression of the towns will be more developed; after a while, the town is mostly dead, and the only people there are old people... I wished they'd make something similar to Twallan's mod.

I'm also hoping the Sims will have more realistic bodies(Or at least, better!), the big Sims just look awkward... And the breasts look horrible, the bigger they are, the more horrible they look!

: )
  • brightpawbrightpaw Posts: 233
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's technically too soon, considering it's at least five years in between the two games [1 and 2 had 4 years between, and 2 and 3 had 5 years]. But to paraphrase someone else, I'm excited but not sure I'm ready. It doesn't actually seem like it's been very long since Sims 3 came out.

A big request of mine is just that they actually listen to the majority's requests and not just completely blow us off like they usually do. Most of the time all we want are for things to actually be useful and practical - not to mention WORK, eh? :p If they actually invest more time in making the majority of their players happy, more of them would be willing to shell out money, and then wouldn't everyone be happy? Just saying.

As for features, height sliders would be awesome of course. The more customization abilities the better. There was something else but I forgot it. xD I'll come back later with it if I remember.

On a more unlikely note, a more realistic aging system perhaps? Like, there would still be age groupings [i.e. toddler, child, etc.], be we could actually watch them grow? I'm not good at explaining things, but I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at.

I really don't care how long the game takes - to EA I would say take your time, making sure that it's much more cohesive and usable than Sims 3 is. It would make it much more enjoyable and imo worth the wait.
  • HRHLadyNayHRHLadyNay Posts: 3,086 New Member
    edited May 2013
    i'd hope for maybe less rabbit holes, and yeah i wouldnt want to wait for pets or weather again. i'd imagine a mix of like the sims 2 and the sims 3~ :roll:
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    Since it's been confirmed by EA (read Zerbu's post) that the Sims 4 will be released in early 2014, I suspect most of it is alread in place. I'll probably buy it and try it if I can afford it when it comes out, but it depends largely on the gameplay.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • mylifefan4lifemylifefan4life Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, I REALLY want height sliders.
  • DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited May 2013
    The problem with The Sims 3 was every time there was a new expansion we had to make new sims and live there. But if we wanted old sims to move to, lets say the city (Late Night)We'd have to put them in the BIN and when we put them in the city their memories and family tree are all gone.
    Suddenly you feel detached and they've become new sims rather than ones that have moved to a new town.

So Sims left their house in Sims 3, why not leave their town in Sims 4?

I suggest a region kind of connection like in Simcity. But a new neighboorhood will appear connected to yours by train or boat or road whenever you buy a new expansion (That includes/adds a new city to your region)(You could also choose if you did or not not want the new expansion town included in your region, for some reason, you may not.)

Then your sims can either catch the boat to visit other expansion cities or even move there and live there. (Possibly owning multiple properties)

You'll be able to concentrate on your home neighborhood most and may mostly spend your time there with your sims but there is the option to visit other neighborhoods (appaloosa plains)lets say, if you wanted to.
    You may also want to visit family that has moved away to these different neighborhoods.

If the game is powerful enough, every sim in the region would grow up at the same pace.
    With this, all sims keep their memories and family trees when going on holiday, shopping or live it up in the city. (It works similar to Sims 2 expansion towns and Sims 3 WA and Uni but without a 'time stopping' problem)
    If you wanted a separate game / fresh start then you create a new region.
    Region%20View%201_0.jpg
    The other problem was memories, they were badly mishandled in Sims 3, i liked them in Sims 2 where you could just see some of their main memory moments and who they involved. Those little things are important to us,or something a lot better anyway. A random screenshot every few minutes is very annoying. (sims 1 (and 2) also had the storybook/photoalbum which was very popular online to share)
  • VirenyaVirenya Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I want them to improve how sims finances are handled.

I want everyone to pay bills, not just the active family like we currently have. I'm using NRaas StoryProgression to make sure that all the inactive households also pay their bills and can't slide from such responsibilities.

Maybe make it possible for sims to take out loans in Sims 4. That would be nice.

Also, money shouldn't be as easy to come by as it is with the Sims 3. If you aim to be rich you will be rich, but if you want to play a family that barely makes it day to day that should be a possibility too.

Inheritance should be brought back into the game and not just as a lifetime reward. Sims shouldn't inherit everything from their relatives and become filthy rich without their own effort but some kind of a balanced inheritance system could be created.