Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Technology in TS4 (Smartphones, tablets, smart tvs, 3D TV'S!?!!??

Since 2009 there has been so much new technology, tablets, smartphones (which really only started around 2008 with the iPhone) and computers.

I hope there is a huge collection of tv's, tablets, computers etc. as they always seem to lack in that category each base game. I would also love to see different type of smart phones and so on.
Please make this happen TS4 Studio! :D

Comments

• Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm they should ask permissions for some things. the problem is copyright for most things :( which is why we don't see ps3 and xboxes. what i would like is to be able to use our own videos for the tv and gaming so i can record like sims 3 game play and put it in sims 4 :P
  • Options
    simlish200simlish200 Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm they should ask permissions for some things. the problem is copyright for most things :( which is why we don't see ps3 and xboxes. what i would like is to be able to use our own videos for the tv and gaming so i can record like sims 3 game play and put it in sims 4 :P

It's only copyrighted if they have the actual company logo and I would love to see our machinima on the tvs :D
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I would love it if the introduced more modern technology into the game. They could have an GP dedicated to technology. Technology I would like to see:

* Printers and 3d printers
    * Smart TVs with Simflix
    * More smartphone options and bring back apps. I loved apps from University. They could also add video chat.
    * Gaming systems
    * Drones
    * Laptops
    * Give tablets more options
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Simflix... Lol.

I like that.

--T
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I wouldn't mind if they added more stuff, but they would really have to tweak it. I have Sims that are Bookworms, or Loves the Outdoors, and all they ever want to do is watch TV or play on the computer. I can't get them to read or swim for more than a few seconds. No matter what trait they have, or what I set them to do, they always cancel it after a few seconds and go watch TV. And when I delete the TV, they are only ever on their phones. GO DO SOMETHING ELSE!!! Technology is nice and all, but go outside and play!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have nothing against technology but i do think the sims should not all come with any of it on their person. It is a big disconnect when one is perhaps trying to make the game reflect upon a different era in history in their game and then out pops the smart phone. It irked me to death in Sims 3 for them to give us a Dragon middleages- like world and the clothing etc - and then have cars go by. Never mind pop out their cell phone. So they need to make it so those things are not part of the Sims body but something the sims can buy if you want them to have them. Well at least we can't complain of cars in Sims 4 - they definitely took care of that and now we have none. Almost makes me wish we'd never complained. Apparently they have never heard of making some thing optional according the particular time one is reflecting on in the game. If they give a world that is pre-dating modern tech then it should be mandatory that sims do not still have the modern stuff in use in say that world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I would love it if the introduced more modern technology into the game. They could have an GP dedicated to technology. Technology I would like to see:
    3d printers

print in 3D your sim!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes, I'd love to have my sims at home with awkward 3d sunglasses looking at the tv. (this is sarcasm).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    and.. this is exactly what i dislike about the sims 4
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would really like it if using a mobile phone was optional. Why can't we put it down for even a minute. I like to start my characters out on zero simoleons sometimes. Would be nice if you could disable the phone and just use the library for computers. And please one phone in the house for the family.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I would really like it if using a mobile phone was optional. Why can't we put it down for even a minute. I like to start my characters out on zero simoleons sometimes. Would be nice if you could disable the phone and just use the library for computers. And please one phone in the house for the family.
    100% agree. It is hard to start out an Adam and Eve or homeless challenge, or starting with zero money like you said, when they are just always on their phone. My Sim is always taking selfies (something I find insufferably obnoxious in real life) or playing a game instead of doing what I want them to do. Please, let us disable the phones if we want!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I'd like more tech items too, especially more Gaming Systems since there are barely any of those! It would be cool to also have more handheld/portable electronic devices (other than just phones and tablets). Also, I think there should be some kind of game option to select if you would not like technology in your game, if it's possible for them to do.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I loved the social networking interface they made in TS3 University Life. It felt like if other sims were actually following my sims random posts.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    100% agree. It is hard to start out an Adam and Eve or homeless challenge, or starting with zero money like you said, when they are just always on their phone. My Sim is always taking selfies (something I find insufferably obnoxious in real life) or playing a game instead of doing what I want them to do. Please, let us disable the phones if we want!

Sims 2 did it best by making the the phone only availiable from Kiosh's and sims could buy one for who ever they wanted to have one. That was brilliant. I actually tried both the Teen runaway challenge and a Homeless dad and daughter I had played in Sims 2 - but the phone was a real challenge as both had rules in the challenges from letting Sims use them until a certain point - and there was just no way to stop them - they would have out the phone everytime I turned around. It was too late if one is playing the challenge without cheating once they answered a phone or use it at all - technically you lost those points. I then could no longer play - I am like that - as I detest breaking rules even if it was not my fault. But really how do you keep them from grabbing the phone when both social and fun is in the red - it is humanly impossible.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    @Mightydan There is social networking with the Charisma skill but it is very limited and it really only boosts the Charisma skill. I wish they would expand upon it so we can have social media beefs. I also would like the dating website to come back.

@Writin_Reg I don't think the game developers should design the game for only a specific group of people who do challenges. The challenges should be designed to fit the game. Most people have cell phones, even homeless people, in real life. Also, Dragon Valley was set in the present day. There was a feud between the traditional and progressive Sims. This means, they had technology available to them. Having to buy a phone for every Sim in the game was a hassle. Maybe someone will release a mod that disables the phone for all Sims in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Mightydan There is social networking with the Charisma skill but it is very limited and it really only boosts the Charisma skill. I wish they would expand upon it so we can have social media beefs. I also would like the dating website to come back.

@Writin_Reg I don't think the game developers should design the game for only a specific group of people who do challenges. The challenges should be designed to fit the game. Most people have cell phones, even homeless people, in real life. Also, Dragon Valley was set in the present day. There was a feud between the traditional and progressive Sims. This means, they had technology available to them. Having to buy a phone for every Sim in the game was a hassle. Maybe someone will release a mod that disables the phone for all Sims in the game.

I don't use mods, nor should I have to - and they should be optional in my view and not in yours. Stalemate. But fact remains just as they can give you a choice in numerous other things, they can give choices in other things - like strays - papparazzi - and what ever they choose - they can give options in a cell phone. You are like the first person I have heard that said they should be mandatory - when others have mentioned many times they would rather have the choice or at least the right to put them down and not have them on their sims person 24/7. There is a lot to be said for a game that claims the players rule and then they force things on us. When there are no options we are not ruling the game the way we want to play.

As for Dragon Valley - well that is debatable seeing some of the things that came with that world were not modern at all - it was actually designed to be played either way - as many things in The Sims have been - but the ones who tried to play it of a non-modern era their chief complaints were the phones and the vehicles. That has zero to do with challenges - but Maxis very much supports the challenges too, in fact conducts many of them their selves at times. I still think there is a lot to be said for options.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm. I would say that there is a difference between owning a phone and not being able to put it away for an hour. The real life fact that homeless people own's phones today does not change the fact that some people like me don't walk around with their phone on them all the time.

When I online I am online, sending tweets or group messages to the family organizing dinner and such. When it's family time or we are sailing all tech is put away and we are there in the now. It is just irritating as heck that a natureloving sim on vacation to the Spa at Granite Falls can't tear herself away from the phone, she should be happy as a clam as it is. Would be so much better if we could just put it down when we wanted to. I <3 Sims 4 to bits and pieces but this is irritating. By all means, let my sims own a phone from the start but let me put it away when it makes sense for the story.

Almost everyone might have a phone, not all of us are surgically attached to it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

* Printers and 3d printers
    * Smart TVs with Simflix
    * More smartphone options and bring back apps. I loved apps from University. They could also add video chat.
    * Gaming systems
    * Drones
    * Laptops
    * Give tablets more options
    I feel like we already have a 3D printer in Get to Work. It's called the Invention Constrocter I think.
    tumblr_nnb0eqdN8U1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Hmm. I would say that there is a difference between owning a phone and not being able to put it away for an hour. The real life fact that homeless people own's phones today does not change the fact that some people like me don't walk around with their phone on them all the time.

When I online I am online, sending tweets or group messages to the family organizing dinner and such. When it's family time or we are sailing all tech is put away and we are there in the now. It is just irritating as heck that a natureloving sim on vacation to the Spa at Granite Falls can't tear herself away from the phone, she should be happy as a clam as it is. Would be so much better if we could just put it down when we wanted to. I <3 Sims 4 to bits and pieces but this is irritating. By all means, let my sims own a phone from the start but let me put it away when it makes sense for the story.

Almost everyone might have a phone, not all of us are surgically attached to it.

I so agree. Even if we could have the option to drop them in the family inventory in households that for a story doesn't want to even have the phone availiable. They would still be availiable then for simmers to have their phones and for the sims we don't want to have them - add them to the family inventory where they stay until we decide we want a sim to have them. That would work for everyone.

Thats like in Sims 2 when I am starting some sims out the Humble pc gets dropped off, I put it right in the family inventory until I feel my sims would be able to afford one, especially if I was playing a hard luck sim. As for homeless having telephones - well that might be standard in big cities but it is not standard in most of New Hampshire really. I almost never remember to take my phone with me when I leave - while my hubby on the other hand always has his, so it is not as if neither of us have one on us - but it is just not something I think about like my kids are bound to do. They always have theirs. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KurtisBallingerKurtisBallinger Posts: 28 New Member
    Something I would like would be (If any of you play Cities: Skylines) it has a sort of Twitter thing where the residents post their thoughts. Something like that would be perfect for TS4 in a drop-down menu. Hard to explain, but what I'm saying is that if you go to a community lot, you can see what the Sims that are there with you are posting on their social media. That's probably already been said here, but I really like it.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    What kind of plum is it that we don't have laptops and games consoles?
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    I don't mind new technologies getting added to this game but I want them to be optional like they'd always been prior to TS3. When I play a poor family with barely enough money for food, I seriously don't want their kid to pull out a hundred-dollar smartphone every minute they're left alone.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I see no problem with people doing challenges but a lot of people don't do challenges and those people who choose to do them should use mods to get them completed. Why should players who don't do challenges be forced to play like they are completing a challenge. I also haven't had a problem with my Sim using their phone 24/7. The only time they really use their phones is when I tell them too or if their fun bar is low. The best compromise I see would be to add the technophobe trait.

@Simasaurus09 I guess that could be considered a 3D printer. I had something more along the lines of something that could go in the homes and print toys and things for around the house.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited July 2015
    It would be kinda weird if our sims got all this new technology but still have to wash dishes in the sink and don't own any method of transportation whatsoever, besides their feet.