Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isand Paradise x 2 contest - CLOSED AND GIFTED

It's me again, and it's that time again, getting ready for another Expanison Pack release.

I know there will still be people out there who like me are not going to suddenly abandon Sims 3 just because they have announced Sims 4. People who will still enjoy playing their Sims 3 games for at least a few more years. People who still would like to get new stuff to enhance their playing experience.

So your your response to my ramblings above is probably 'YES, SO GET ON WITH WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS STUFF' (I dont know some people are just so impatient).

Anyone still here, anyone still reading, lets get on with it!

This will be a double up contest a CAS contest and my old standby of...............Story Songs!!!!!!!

STORY SONG CONTEST

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/644253.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/595699.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/565634.page

Peple seem to have so much fun creating them and I certainly love seeing the creativity and how even if people choose to do the same song how differnt it can be.

For the purpose of this contest the songs have to be based on Tropical Islands. Mattnjenn05 found me a lovely link to some song ideas

http://coolrain44.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/islands-in-the-sun-songs-with-a-tropical-theme/

Please create a seperate post and link to it if your song consisists of lots of pictures so as to not break the thread

ENTRY FORM
NAME OF SIMMER
LINK TO SONG CHOSEN (Please be aware that judges are from differnt parts of the world and that there are restrictions on YouTube)
LINK TO ENTRY (Please be aware that judges are from differnt parts of the world and that there are restrictions on YouTube and that some judges may not be able to view entries)

CAS CONTEST

For the CAS contest, you need to create a family who want to move to the Island and create a story of why they want to go and what they would do when they get there.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/565630.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/565635.page

Please create a seperate post and link to it if your family consisists of lots of pictures so as to not break the thread

ENTRY FORM
NAME OF SIMMER
LINK TO FAMILY
PICTURE OF EACH SIM (1 HEADSHOT PER SIM ESSENTIAL, MORE IF YOU LIKE - Please link to a seperate post if more than 5 pictures.)
WHY YOU THINK THEY ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS WORLD

NO CC IS ALLOWED FOR THIS PART BUT YOU CAN USE ANY STUFF PACK/EXPANSION PACK/STORE STUFF/DR PEPPER PROMOTION STUFF/T MOBILE STUFF/LUCKY BAG STUFF

So now you know what to do you need the important stuff like when the contest closes and who will be judging dont you.

THE CONTEST WILL CLOSE AT 8PM (UK TIME) ON 26TH JUNE 2013 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

This will allow time for the judges to do their job so that the winner will be able to get their code for the DD Island Paradise on the 28th June when it is released here in the UK. Winner must provide a email to the host in order for the code to be sent.

YOU MAY ENTIER EITHER THE CAS CONTEST OR THE STORY SONG CONTEST NOT BOTH!

JUDGES

Me
aricarai
ErnesaT
Mr Cowell (they know who they are)
Tnt_Terry - judge to just judge CAS portion

Scoring
Song Contest

Appropraiteness of Song to IP Theme 0-5
How well pictures/video match the lyrics 0-10
Total 15

CAS Contest
Pictures 0-5
Story 0-15
Total 20

In-game (match to story/pictures) 0-5 (not all judges will be installing)

Comments

• MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2013
    1ST PLACE

DD Code for Limited Edition version of Island Paradise.

2ND PLACE

Gold World or eqivalent in simpoints (exlcluding any worlds that are simpoint bundle or shop bought, ie Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay)

3RD PLACE - SPONSORED BY BANANAHOLIC

Code for DD of Dragon Valley - PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRIZE IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED FOR ANYTHING ELSE IE SIMPOINTS OR ANOTHER WORLD, ALTHOUGH YOU CAN NOMINATE SOMEONE ELSE TO RECEIVE IT INSTEAD. ALSO BE AWARE THAT THIS PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED TILL THE WORLD IS ON SALE IN PHYSICAL SHOPS AS IT CANNOT BE BOUGHT THROUGH THE STORE EXPECT VIA SIMPOINT BUNDLES.

4TH PLACE

Standard World or equvalent in simpoints (exlcluding any worlds that are simpoint bundle or shop bought, ie Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay)

5TH PLACE SPONSORED BY ARICARAI

500 simpoints worth of gifts from your wishlist or a friends wishlist

*There will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th prize for each category
    *More prizes may be added at the discretion of the host.

Could I also ask all entrants to put something worth 100sp on their wl as all non-winning entrants will recieve something from their wishlist up to that value.

AS PREVIOUS ENTRANTS IN MY CONTEST KNOW THIS IS A NON TRANSFERABLE PRIZE SO NO GIFTING IT AWAY ALLOWED. IF YOU HAVE ANY PARTICULAR ITEM YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE PLEASE PUT IT ON TOP OF YOUR WISHLIST
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    edited July 2013
    WINNERS

1ST PLACE

Song Contest - Joolster - 62 - Island Paradis - Gifted
    CAS Contest - Carmen0908 - 79.5 - Swapped with 2nd Place - Gifted Sunlit Tides Gold (its on sale so still 2,250 Simpoints owing) Le Cinema Plumbob 1,900 SimPoints
    Faire Folk Window 100 SimPoints Show Stopping Style- Full Metal Dress
    Louise Bohemian Blouse with Bow each 75 SimPoints Headhunter Battle Mask
    25 SimPoints - Gifted

2ND PLACE

Song Contest - Rockleyfamily - 58.5 - Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts 1,700 SimPoints Le Cinema Plumbob 1,900 SimPoints SmilzPretty(After Party Dress 75 SimPoints VDBM-880 Wall Mirror 75 SimPoints) Jojo777(Beachy Board Shorts 50 SimPoints Understated 100 SimPoints) Elimarna( Two Scoops of Sun Wall Lamp
    50 SimPoints Too Literal Tea Ceiling Light 50 SimPoints Almost Alive Hamper
    50 SimPoints) Psycho360( Danger Darling 75 SimPoints Buttoned Up 75 SimPoints) angeliii82( Nantucket Fence 50 SimPoints Nantucket Fence Gate 25 SimPoints The Little Princess 75 SimPoints) - Total 4,350 - Gifted
    CAS Contest - Pallypoo - 78 - Swapped with 1st place - Island Paradise - Gifted

3RD PLACE

Song Contest - Alitoni - 57 - To be gifted by Bananaholic - arranged -GIFTED
    CAS Contest - Erja888 - 77 - To be gifted by Bananaholic - arranged - GIFTED

4TH PLACE
    Song contest - mattnjenn05 - 55.5 Collectionne Stäncké 1,300 SimPoints Luxe Kidswears 1,000 SimPoints Island Shutter Panes 100 SimPoints The Sims Classic- Survival of the Fittest Fixture Gothic Glamour Living Room- Arsonphobia Dread Floor Light 25 SimPoints each Total 2,450 - Gifted
    CAS Contest - HessethRan - 76 - Gifted Auroa Skies Stnadard

5TH PLACE
    Song contest - Asgath - 55 - To be gifted by ARICARAI - gifted
    CAS Contest - SmilzPretty - 74.5 - To be gifted by ARICARAI - Gifted

Shrill - River Rock Fireplace - Gifted

geneticbits - VIPs This Way - Gifted

soocoolsim - Show Stopping Style- Short and Shaggy Layers Hairstyle - Gifted

EmmaLeen - Mounted Fireplace - Gifted

Loppie1988 - Today's Jinbei Outfit - Gifted

SoleilStarr - All Dressed Up - Gifted

Lolllimoewmo - More Volume Pompadour - Gifted

BLUFLOWER - Sweetly Swept Back - Gifted

leep45508 - Traditional Japanese Kimono - Gifted

Drbigt - More Volume Pompadour - Gifted

KSpencer - Muntin Window - Gifted

RubySim - Castle Pew Bench - Gifted

Jenifer1918 - The Natural Suit - Gifted

tkbluebasketball - Medieval Loveseat - Gifted

Shannon1w1 - Puzzled Toy Box - Gifted

Stachenscarfen - Sweetly Swept Back - Gifted

NOXXI - Nautical Cornice Collection - Gifted

QuiBeMe - Le Cirque Nouveau- Wild Fire Hairstyle - Gifted

SikSouthernTink - Let the Sunshine in Window - Gifted

Angellulu - More Volume Pompadour - Gifted

pegasas1993 - The Shaggy Look - Gifted

Stinalina - Mayflower Hat - Gifted

okester - Africa Inspiration: Scarf Wrap Hairstyle - Gifted

MoriGelopi - PlasmaTron TV - Gifted

SimLover0510 - Floral Updo - Gifted

nerdy3000 - Morning Star Door - Gifted

MissCee - Morning Star Door - Gifted

This was one of the hardest contests I have ever had to judge, the scores were all so close at one point. Thank you all for the effort you ahve put into it and dont forget you are all winners!!!!!

Feedback
    agstah
    It always takes courage to be the first to enter any contest, so well done on that. My one critisim of the story was just a minor niggle about where it said 'I read the paper in bed' but he was reading a book lol.

Alitoni
    I have not heard that song before, so thank you for picking it. I loved the girls who kept popping up in the background, reminds me of people in the background of a photo you are trying to take in real life that always do silly things and you dont realise till later on.

mattnjenn05
    On The Coast Of Somewhere Beautiful - again another song I have not heard before, and still trying to decide its its real or imaginary lol.
    La Isla Bonita - One of my favourite songs. Its a shame about the first video not working and another judge also had problems with the 2nd version. I hope that she follows through on the dream and gets to meet him again.

Shrill
    My minor critisim of the story was again about a little non-match of lyrics to pictures i.e 'Then waited all night by your door' and the image showed him during the day :( but I lvoed the bunny suit lol I really want one of them in real life but my local shops keep selling out of onsies.

Joolster
    Loved that the part of the song about the ad actually showed it from the girls point of view and the close up of the woman near the end so you were still left guessing who she was. A brave choice to do a song that had already been entered.

geneticbits
    Gillisims Island - Loved the sims you used.....they could of entered the CAS contest lol. Only critisim was some parts of the video were a bit dark
    Knee Deep - another song I havent heard before. I loved his house is that one you have made or is it a pre-built?

soocoolsim
    This takes me back to my childhood and listening to this on the radio (yes Im showing my age now), everyone looks like they are having fun, but sometimes the video does not really match the lyrics.

EmmaLeen
    My only critisim of this was the images seemed a bit repetative but I was dancing along to this as its a very catchy song.

Loppie1988
    A brave choice to go with a song that had been used before but I like the different twists people give to the same lyrics. Loved you showing them as children growing up together, and it made me laugh that he wore his blue suit even to bed. My critism is I would of liked not to have shown the girls face till the 'big reveal' at the end

SoleilStarr
    Great attention to detail, loved the picture of the car on the wall and then him driving the car later on and the contrast between running in the rain and running in the sun.

Lolllimoewmo
    Again a brave choice to do a different version of a song that had been presented before. Loved the way you matched the pictures to the lyrics.

Rockleyfamily
    Poor Kayla Kay she never seems to have a happy love life lol. My only critisim is I got confused between the two diferent version (youtube and forum entry) as they seemed to vary in parts.

CAS Contest. My main critisim of the majority of the families submitted is that there was no bio in game so this lost points from the in-game score.

BLUFLOWER
    I loved the story line bout would of liked a bit more detail. In game there was no bio or skills for the sims :(

leep45508
    Loved the story and cant wait to see how they play out in my game, again my main critisim is that there was no bio in game.

Drbigt
    Again no bio in game and I would of liked more story detail. I might not put them on my perfect tropical paradise might send them off to moonlight falls and let the warewolves have fun with them lol

KSpencer
    Loved the concept of this and how they went from Glam to a bit Dowdy lol

RubySim
    1 judge was confused by story
    I loved Isla outfit very wacky and I loved the matching outfits. Again no bio in game

Jenifer1918
    Unfortunately there was cc so the family could not be entered or judged properly and no pictures were provided so we could not judge on that.

tkbluebasketball
    It was an interesting story but I have to admit that I didnt feel very sympathetic to the family and would rather like to make them lose their fortune and live as beach bums lol

Shannon1w1
    OOh the first family to have an animal with them and again the family had a bio in game. I do hope they fulfill their dreams

Stachenscarfen
    Bio in game :) Liked the story and am looking forward to seeing how the triangle plays out in game.

NOXXI
    It was nice to see a 'larger' family. I will ahve to have the sims live on land and not a houseboat though because of Dino but I hope that Sophie will ride along the beach because when she falls off it wont hurt so much

QuiBeMe
    Bio in game :) I hope Leena does find her 'twiglight love' and with her being a kleptomanic that should help her steal a few hearts lol.

SikSouthernTink
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I do hope that the Island will bring about a miracle cure.

Angellulu
    Bio in game :) Ariane is such a cutie pie and Marvin seems to be a babe magnet, looking forward to playing out their story.

Erja888
    Shame that I could not get this family to appear in game without having to extract the files using a mod :( but they did have a bio and skill in game. I loved the story and I do hope that the reunited family live happily ever after.

pegasas1993
    Bio in game :) I can see this brother and sister team breaking a few hearts around the Island.

Stinalina
    Bio in game :) I do hope the family can come together in the Island, and not have to seperate.

HessethRan
    I had to keep starting a fresh bit of paper for my comments as the ink kept running with the amount of drool lol. I think their resort will be very popular with the ladies.

okester
    I liked the idea of the storyboard for showcasing your sims. I hope Colton meets and lives happily ever after with his mermaid

Pallypoo
    1 judge very well written and in depth
    Wonder what gender the 'surprise' will be lol

MoriGelopi
    1 judge loved that the mum was a mermaid and it was a well thought out story
    I do hope that the family find their roots and the mystery is explained

SimLover0510
    loved this line - while the fire’s crackling synchronized with the breaking of my heart - that was so poetic. I hope that Emma finds plenty of Magic and Mermaids and maybe even become one herself :)

nerdy3000
    While I was reading your story my head was playig the James Bond theme song lol. I jsut hope they are not traced to IP and the islands get destoryed lol

SmilzPretty
    OOh I wonder if Carlos will hook up with Leena (QuiBeBe's entry) lol, will be interesting to see

MissCee good effort
    1 judge way too long
    Bio in game:) Wow the work you put into your entry. I am totally honoured that you thought my contest was worth that.

Carmen0908
    1 judge warmed my heart
    I do hope that Sabina finds some colour in her life again
    edited May 2013
    ANY QUESTIONS - AND REPLIES

Q. Do we have to choose a song from the list?
    A. No they are just to help put some ideas in your head.

Q. Can pose player be used?
    A. Yes it can

Q. For the CAS part can cc be used?
    A. No cc is allowed but anything else from EP/SP/Store/Dr Pepper promtions may be used. cc can be used in the Story Song as there is nothing to dowload

Q. Can I give my prize away?
    A. For the DD code yes you can but I will need the email of the person you wish to gift it to so make sure that it is ok with them.

Q. Can I have a disc version instead?
    A. I can replace one of the DD codes with a disc version but you would need to give me a mailing address.

Q. For the CAS part does it need to be a new creation?
    A. It can be a family you have already created as long as they have not been entered into any other contest.

Q. For the Story Contest how many times can I enter?
    A. You can enter a maximum of 3 times.

Q. For the CAS Contest how many times can I enter?
    A. You can enter a maximum of once.

Q. Are we allowed to enter pets with our CAS? And what counts as a family, as in how many?
    A. Pets are allowed, families can be 1 sim and above but remember the more you have the more potential points you get for matching traits and skills.

Q. Can I enter both CAS and Song contests
    A. No you can only put an enty into 1 section so choose EITHER cas OR song.

Q. You know it has to be a "family", can it also just be a household of unrelated sims?
    A. A family can consist of 1 sim or many sims, they can be roomies, they can be enemies or they can be best friends. They can consist of Lions, Tigers and Bears Oh My!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2013
    YEA.... (not entering... pree ordering my self... as soon as I find a place near here...)

god luck all can't wait to see the entries......
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited May 2013
    Is it safe to post?

I ave a question. Can it be any song, even if it's not included in that list? So long as it is something to do with Island Paradise? Blah de blah, beach blah, sun, blah PARADISE! xD

I am probably going to continue playing sims 3 for a few more years too. I don't understand those who want to stop now?

I've never done this song thing before... How exactly does it work? I looked at a couple of the entries of your other contests you did that you linked in the first post. Do i pick a song, and um, make up a story? Do i need to write a story? Or is the lyrics to the song the story? So then i just put together pictures to the song, going along with the lyrics? i think i got it. I'm interested! xD

I probably won't be going to win first place (highly doubt i will anyway xD) I would feel bad that you buying me stuff and then i can't return any favor, i feel bad enough or not gifting any of those who gifted me, yes ok, i can make exchange uploads and all but they spent their own money on me! me! So um, yeah, i just want to take part but not to win IP as i will pre order it myself, and plus i can't always trust my pc to take in DD IP and save it on origin, it doesn't always work so i prefer Physical copies. Thank you so much for hosting this! I still can't believe how much money you spend on the community! Gifting and stuff ad armargard!

You HAVE to have money trees growing in your back garden RIGHT?
    edited May 2013
    emilzydiva wrote:
    Is it safe to post?

I ave a question. Can it be any song, even if it's not included in that list? So long as it is something to do with Island Paradise? Blah de blah, beach blah, sun, blah PARADISE! xD

I am probably going to continue playing sims 3 for a few more years too. I don't understand those who want to stop now?

I've never done this song thing before... How exactly does it work? I looked at a couple of the entries of your other contests you did that you linked in the first post. Do i pick a song, and um, make up a story? Do i need to write a story? Or is the lyrics to the song the story? So then i just put together pictures to the song, going along with the lyrics? i think i got it. I'm interested! xD

I probably won't be going to win first place (highly doubt i will anyway xD) I would feel bad that you buying me stuff and then i can't return any favor, i feel bad enough or not gifting any of those who gifted me, yes ok, i can make exchange uploads and all but they spent their own money on me! me! So um, yeah, i just want to take part but not to win IP as i will pre order it myself, and plus i can't always trust my pc to take in DD IP and save it on origin, it doesn't always work so i prefer Physical copies. Thank you so much for hosting this! I still can't believe how much money you spend on the community! Gifting and stuff ad armargard!

You HAVE to have money trees growing in your back garden RIGHT?

Yes you are correct you pick a song (it can be a song differnt from the list they ar just to give you some ideas) and you play with your sims till they do what you want to match the lyrics to the song, so we can tell what the song is saying without even music playing.
  • DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited May 2013
    I probably won't be going to win first place (highly doubt i will anyway xD) I would feel bad that you buying me stuff and then i can't return any favor, i feel bad enough or not gifting any of those who gifted me, yes ok, i can make exchange uploads and all but they spent their own money on me! me!

Remember you can give your gift away to one of those people who gifts you. :wink:
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited May 2013
    Dorymae wrote:
    I probably won't be going to win first place (highly doubt i will anyway xD) I would feel bad that you buying me stuff and then i can't return any favor, i feel bad enough or not gifting any of those who gifted me, yes ok, i can make exchange uploads and all but they spent their own money on me! me!

Remember you can give your gift away to one of those people who gifts you. :wink:

Oh my goodness i totally forgot about that! Great idea MWAHAAHAHAHA! Oh wait... don't get my hopes up i haven't even got any ideas yet xD
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmmm... I have a my machinima hat on and I'm thinking of making something with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5_AD9wXuY

can it be a movie, as opposed to still pictures? I haven't made anything for awhile and it might be time to dust off the video camera ;)
    edited May 2013
    Yes you can make movies
    edited May 2013
    emilzydiva
    plenty time to get ideas...

about the creation gifts, I love them and I know others do to. Time is valuable, and getting something you can't creat your self, or never would have thought about is fantastic.
    So don't be shy about that, any gift in any form is (or atleast should be) apriciated. + some (and I think it still includes dear MsRed) own the store and is imposible to gift.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    emilzydiva
    plenty time to get ideas...

about the creation gifts, I love them and I know others do to. Time is valuable, and getting something you can't creat your self, or never would have thought about is fantastic.
    So don't be shy about that, any gift in any form is (or atleast should be) apriciated. + some (and I think it still includes dear MsRed) own the store and is imposible to gift.

Yeah I still do own the store - got hit with the casino tables by a dear lady who just wanted to pay me back.........if anyone interested in getting her lol her name is
    HessethRan

but dont tell her I sent you

edited May 2013
    sure...
    edited May 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    sure...

Im going to hide now............I think I may be in trouble...........
  • leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited May 2013
    For CAS does it have to be a new household or can it be one i am playing with now (aka an old one)
    edited May 2013
    leep45508 wrote:
    For CAS does it have to be a new household or can it be one i am playing with now (aka an old one)

It can be an old one if it has not been entered into any other contest
  • leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited May 2013
    leep45508 wrote:

It can be an old one if it has not been entered into any other contest

YAY thats great thank you :) will enter my Dillion family :)
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited May 2013
    I volunteer my services as a judge. I can't wait to see what happens here. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited May 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    I volunteer my services as a judge. I can't wait to see what happens here. :mrgreen:

Runs in *tackles to ground (gently lol) *adds name to front page
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited May 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:

Runs in *tackles to ground (gently lol) *adds name to front page

Who knew you were so strong? :mrgreen:

bookmarking this.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    How exciting! And how generous of you MsRed!

I've already pre-ordered IP, but I might enter for a chance at the lower prizes. I'm undecided.

For the family, do you want the uploaded with skills?
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
    edited May 2013
    How exciting! And how generous of you MsRed!

I've already pre-ordered IP, but I might enter for a chance at the lower prizes. I'm undecided.

For the family, do you want the uploaded with skills?

Its entirely up to you, but the more info and suitabiltiy to the Island then the more points can be won.

For example - the could be a self sustaining sim who wants a more relaxed life so if their gardening skills were improved they would get more points, if their triats were eco and green fingered they could get more points as everything matches the sim you are going for.

They could be a sun-worsphiiping beach-boho so they would need not to get sunstroke and maybe their swimming skills would be very good.
  • DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bookmarked!!

• mattnjenn05mattnjenn05 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yay! :mrgreen: I'm so happy you decided to do the story contest again as well!! I'm still after clenching that first place just one time :lol: question: I saw where you said we may only enter the CAS or story but may we enter the one we choose more than once? (Can I create more than 1 story song?) sorry if that was already asked and I missed it in my excitement :oops:

Thanks for hosting can't wait to see what everyone else comes out with and I'm very excited for this EP this is probably my only chance at getting it in the near future :D off to brainstorm!