Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am really hoping Sims 4 does not end up being like the new SimCity

Simcity was a very successful franchise and with the announcement of Simcity no one could ever imagine EA/Maxis could do as much damage as they did with it.

I mean, it was the catalyst that got the CEO sacked. If anyone ever paid any attention to the Simcity fiasco you know it was pretty bad.

They had so much DRM in place that the game just did not work properly.

I am hoping they learned from this mistake with Sims 4 but somehow i am thinking they will do just the same thing.

So here is what I am thinking as the worse case scenario:

1. You have to play through Origin. I cannot stand Origin. It's an unstable platform.
2. It's online only. They tested this out with Sims 3 about 1.5 years ago with the login feature,
3. The accessories and clothing you get in the game will be drastically limited. If you want more, you need to buy them
4. Number 3 sounds like "well, we buy em anyways with the stuff packs" but the exchange will be no more. Clothing and lot and object mods by other players will be no more.
5. Your neighborhood will be online with your next door neighbors and other Sims as actual players (which sounds great...but I can see A LOT of grieving from this. Log in and see your house destroyed because someone casted fireball on your frontdoor.)

I hope I am wrong but with the way EA has been making their games I have to say I wont be surprised if this turns out to be true.

Comments

• Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2013
    They already said that always-online won't be part of Sims 4.

The only thing that is probably right is #3, but hey that's what CC is for. :D
  • Options
    AnnahMariaHAnnahMariaH Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2013
    rinirae wrote:
    They already said that always-online won't be part of Sims 4.

The only thing that is probably right is #3, but hey that's what CC is for. :D

Oh I hope they stick by their comments with it not having to always be online.

But did you read my number 4? I am thinking they may do away with CC as they did in Simcity....but I hope not.
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you want to talk about TS4 then take it to TSF section on the forum, not here. Thanks
  • Options
    AnnahMariaHAnnahMariaH Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2013
    angldior wrote:
    If you want to talk about TS4 then take it to TSF section on the forum, not here. Thanks

naw...i think im going to leave it here

If you do not wish to take part of the conversation, no one is bending your arm to read it
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited May 2013
    angldior wrote:

naw...i think im going to leave it here

If you do not wish to take part of the conversation, no one is bending your arm to read it

No you're not gonna leave it here because it will get moved. :D