Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to bother buying the new TS3 games anymore?

Comments

• TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited May 2013
    I plan to buy more Sims 3 items; I look forward to Island Paradise and the movie-themed stuff pack due for release later this year, and Dragon Valley looks okay too (not really my thing but who can resist the baby dragons?). I don't know how I feel about The Sims 4 yet; a lot of aspects sound appealing like the no-online requirement, no rabbit-holes, advanced CAS mode, and real edit world abilities. But I still hate to just throw away all the time and money I put into TS3, especially for just a base game. And like people have been saying, what will be left out of this game to be put into future EPs, thus getting more money out of us consumers? That tactic will eventually stop working...so I need more information before I can say 100% what I'll do regarding The Sims 4, but no I won't be abandoning The Sims 3...sure, I said I'd never buy it because I was content with TS2 but we'll see if history repeats itself now that I know what EA games are really like, especially on launch (glitchy, buggy, laggy, crashy...)
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I most definitely plan to buy the expansion packs, stuff packs, and store sets- if I can afford them all.

Just because some new shiny is coming out next year, doesn't mean that I am going to give up a game that I love. I still play the sims 1 and the sims 2.

Why do people think that they need to abandon a game because a newer one comes out? I have never understood that.
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I will get all that's coming out.Can't wait for IP :mrgreen:
  • bettynewbie2bettynewbie2 Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm already done buying for Sims 3. I like what I have so far (everything except Showbiz and UNI). I've gone back to playing Sims 2 a lot lately, and really enjoying that again. I go back to sims 2 when I get totally frustrated with Sims 3, which is often.
    I'm certainly not ready for Sims 4.

The things that would make me want sims 4 are if they fix the things they messed up for me in Sims 3.
    I really was disappointed that I can't make photo albums in the game to go back and look at while I'm playing, and write story text inside the game. That is one big thing that I really enjoy doing in Sims 2 (and in Sims1). Sims 3 eliminated that completely and I felt really cheated. I don't give a rat's **** about sharing my pics with the official site. I want to make albums and stories inside the game for my own enjoyment. I don't play sims to entertain other people. I play it to entertain myself.
  • SK_InspiredSK_Inspired Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2013
    You know, I've been playing since Sims 1 came out... I invested in all of those EPs, and then they announced the ability for sims to age in Sims 2, so I bought all those and stopped playing Sims 1. Then I learned Sims 3 was coming out and spent $700 on a new computer in order to make the specs good enough to run this Sims 3... and then after all that, there were nothing but problems with W/A that forced me to stop playing for several months and by that time I got hooked on Facebook and it's games. And I stopped playing Sims 3 for several years. Then I came back last year and bought a few EPs I'd missed out on, played for a week and was bored. Then recently, I just bought Seasons, Supernatural and Uni and I preordered Island Paradise. I have spent more than enough money on this **** franchise over the last 13 years, that I honestly will not invest in the Sims 4 no matter how great it may be. I'm done. I'm tired of "new and improved" websites and games that just keep requiring me to pay for more and more. I thought maybe I'd be the only one who doesn't plan to invest in the new series but I'm glad to see I'm not. I'm not going to even read about this new series because I don't want to be tempted. I've spent thousands of dollars on the Sims, over the years between all the games I've bought and the computer, and upgrading RAM on previous computers. Enough is enough. And to be honest.. because I haven't really played in a few years, there is so much to investigate in all the different EPs... like, I have no idea how the blueprint/architecht career works, or the firefighters.. I've never had anyone master the horse riding skill, though I have adopted a unicorn.. and now that I have Uni, I feel compelled to put all of my sims through it and get every household that I've made, a degree of some sort and get them better jobs. And since I've just learned that you no longer lose inventory when you change active households, there's a lot of things I can do there as well... And when IP comes out, well I just plan to live on a remote island for the rest of my life and drink coconut water.. or run a resort, or play on the water. That will keep me entertained for a very long time. The only EP of sims 3 that I didn't buy was Generations. And I've not bought any "stuff" packs.

I also suspect since Sims 4 doesn't come out until 2014 that they might release 1 or 2 more EPs after IP. But historically speaking, they stopped producing Sims 1 EPs when Sims 2 came out, and stopped Sims 2 Eps when Sims 3 came out... so I mean if they plan to do that with Sims 3, then I will just never buy another EP again. I really can't keep paying all this money because they come out with new technology. I have rent, bills, food to pay for. Video games are not a luxury I can afford any longer. So yes, I will buy the sims 3 eps as long as they are available. But I will not buy anything sims 4 related.
  • MidnightSky78MidnightSky78 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not at all ready for Sims 4, and so I probably will still buy Sims 3 stuff, provided I like it enough.

My Sims game buying behavior has been altered drastically as the different versions of the games come out. What irks me is that the Sims team just seems to repackage so much stuff; they tweak the graphics and some other basic gameplay stuff (open neighborhoods, aging, CAS options, color/texture customization), but to me, it ends up feeling like I'm paying for the same game over and over and over again.

I was very excited when the Sims 2 came out because of the substantial changes it seemed to make from Sims 1. The announcement of Sims 3 left a bad taste in my mouth; it was too much like the Sims 2 for me to feel justified buying it. I ended up not buying Sims 3 until the very end of 2011, and while I had all the expansion packs for Sims 1, I only bought most of the expansion packs for Sims 2, and I've got about a third ofthe expansion packs offered for Sims 3, not a single one which wasn't bought on a Black Friday half-off sale.

The real question for me is whether or not I'll buy Sims 4, and the answer is probably not ntil Sims 5 is released. That's about the time where they should've released enough new stuff for it to be worth it for me, when the price will come down enough that I'll be able to afford it, and when I'll likely have a computer capable of running it.

I'm wholly disappointed that EA decided to make a Sims 4 right now. There is still so much potential with Sims 3, just like there was so much with Sims 2. I feel like i'm being sold the same game over and over, at the moment. :?
  • 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2013
    i will buy the new ep's and sp's and i don't think that i will buy TS4 once it come out unless they put in sale or something . cause think about it the sims 3 price is 40$ so the sims 4 will propely like 50 or 60 $ and i think that is pretty expansive beside my laptop barely handle TS3 so i don't think it'll handle TS4
  • CBroxCBrox Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wanna buy IP because it looks so fun. I'm probably going to wait awhile to buy the sims 4 ... to see the specs and all that.
  • PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2013
    its not like its coming out this year or anything heck i think ill stick with the sims 3 for awhile until a get a better computer.
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2013
    At this stage, IP will be my last Sims 3 purchase (including the Store). Ive spent well over $1,000 on TS3, theres no way Im going to jump to TS4 just to start over again. Besides, TS3 is still not finished and now never will be. There are still game-breaking glitches that shouldve been fixed years ago. It just kind of feels like theyre jumping ship so they dont have to deal with all the complaints anymore :/
  • Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'll buy them if they are really cheap and I like them. I'll buy Island Paradise, and that will probably be it for me. Maybe some Sims 3 store stuff.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't know if I will or not anymore, and not necessarily because of the sims 4. Recently I've been playing the sims 2 a lot lately and haven't even touched the sims 3 in almost 3 weeks. I was excited for IP, but I've lost interest in the sims 3, as of 3 weeks ago. Although I am excited about the sims 4, I would have to get more information about it, before I decide to get it or not. Currently though I'm having a ton of fun playing the sims 2 again.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Yes, of course. There's still a year to go before I get my hands on TS4, and even then I'll still continue to play TS3... probably especially in the beginning when there aren't many EPs, just like I still played TS2 a lot after the first few months of TS3.

Besides, my excitement for TS4 doesn't change the fact that Island Paradise look absolutely amazing :P Hopefully it's an indication of the quality we can expect from TS4's EPs.... *cough*....

This :thumbup:

Actually I planned to stop buying anything from EA if TS4 was online :twisted: .

Now that I am happy, I will continue buying anything from EA that interest me :wink::D .

Pssstt...EA, make sure that Dragon Age III: Inquisition is not an online game as well. Otherwise I will be super duper mad at you :twisted: :twisted:
  • laelae86laelae86 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Unless they come out with open restaurants and stores within the next two EPs, nope. :?
  • cappucinokitten2cappucinokitten2 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Nah, I never wanted all the EPs or SPs to begin with, and I already own all the ones I really wanted, so I'm happy with what I've got. I'll just keep on Simming happily until TS4 comes out :)
  • tdejongtdejong Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I will buy the last Sims 3 games, cos I won't be buying The Sims 4.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    I see this same argument come up all the time when new consoles are released and I don't understand why. You still have the console, why ignore what's coming out now just because something new and shiny is on the horizon.
    ^This.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2013
    Island Paradise? Time travel? Any bells ringing, hellooo? 8)
  • benji74benji74 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2013
    im still guna buy the sims 3 eps and sps but i properly won't buy the sims 4 straight away when its released
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've already decided that Island Paradise will be my last EP. I doubt my laptop can handle much more.

As for the Sims 4, I'll reserve judgement on that or wait until I can afford a better computer. I truly want to see more in-depth gameplay. I'm happy to wait til the reviews are out
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • aeriallaaerialla Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Once Sims 3 is done, so am I. I can't see spending hundreds-thousands of dollars for another game and possibly another computer upgrade. My daughter just got into Sims 3 this spring and I've already told her no on Sims 4. There comes a point when enough is enough. I'm one of the lucky ones, I've never had severe problems with lag or crashing and have dvd-roms full of custom content, and more than enough imagination to keep playing what I have. I'll stick to Sims 3 bugs and all.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't planning on either of the future EPs but I've been eyeing supernatural recently. It's only $20 on amazon but I'm too cheap right now and have other things I want to buy haha.

Edit: $10 o_______o omg
  • chellehead23chellehead23 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I was going to before the announcement ... I probably will not now. I can never be sure though, I seem to be addicted. -.-
  • iPatrickediPatricked Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope. It's totally different to the console scenario - EA are just milking the last few cents out of us now. Besides, I'm not interested at all in the next few expansions. I've lost almost all interest in the game, to be truthful.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm hoping to collect all the EPs and Stuff Packs on Sims 3 before EA decided to end it. And as for the Sims 4, I'll have to wait and see more information about it before I make that decision on whether or not to buy it.