Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity Endorsements

SimsVIP made a post about a tweet mentioning some kind of collaboration with Jessica Simpson:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/06/jessica-simpson-the-sims-4-collaboration/

Also, someone posted in the comments (though I haven't confirmed that part):
They tweeted Milla Jovovich about hair too.

Whatever happens, I really hope this isn't like the Katy Perry disaster.

Comments

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2013
    oh please no!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    They did this with The Sims 3 before/around the release too.

There's nothing to worry about. :P
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they'll make a "Designer SP" with items from different celebrity-endorsed clothing lines. I could see that being successful. I do like the company-themed SP's though. Diesel Stuff and IKEA Stuff are some of my all-time favorites.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    why do they need celebrities? cant they go with something like Disney? Disney would be way better to have in the game :/ and to be honest i don't even know who jessica simpson is or katy perry actually so yeh. wouldn't mind then asking more well known things like Disney or Pixar would love ice age things in Sims 4 or monsters inc. and Cinderella and little mermaid
  • PhilGrochollPhilGrocholl Posts: 40 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they don't do the Celebrity Endorsement thing again. If it was an HGTV pack with special designer items that are seen on there, then maybe. If they simply must do anything with Celebrities, then, maybe something like the Superstar Pack from The Sims 2, I think it was. That was fun, hobnobbing with the famous people.
  • xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2013
    I actually think its a great idea. I didn't like the katy perry SP b/c her clothing is WAY out of the ordinary and I'm not into cupcake tata's if you know what I mean. xD But I think bringing in famous designers is wonderful (not jessica simpson particularly), we then know we're guaranteed really cute outfits. I spend a lot of my time trying to put together outfits for my sims lol and I'm really picky with the ones I choose b/c I don't really think the ones for TS3 are that cute a lot of the clothing looks like something my grandmother would wear and when TS4 comes out I don't want to have to turn to CC to get a decent outfit.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh dear god no. Please. Not again.
    *cringes*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love Milla Jovovich but ewww about Jessica Simpson.
  • KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess they didn't learn from the Sweet Treats fiasco lol Celebrities are not game designers for a reason...otherwise they would have been game designers from the get go. -_- I guess we will see what happens though and it's not like we get any say in it.
  • MurphysLuckMurphysLuck Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL So... I bet I can guess who along the thread never played House Party or Superstar. :wink:

I don't mind celebrities being slipped into the game itself, like Drew Carey showing up at great parties. There hasn't been a single celeb used that I'm actually a fan of yet, but, eh, it's still kinda cool to have them unexpectedly pop up. But using celebrities as a main focus and selling point, like Katy Perry? Urgh, no thanks.

Complaining about celebs in The Sims is like complaining about the inevitable branded stuff packs. They're going to happen. But at least if that niche-focused content left to a separate stuff pack, you can easily skip right over it. Thank goodness for that.
  • coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Celebrity endorsements WERE good before Sims 3!
    Don't you guys remember the Hilary Duff affiliation for Sims 2 Pets?
    Or the multiple celebrity npc's in The Sims Superstar?
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention all the artists and bands throughout the (multiple) series who have re-recorded their songs in Simlish for the game. 8)
  • katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited May 2013
    It could be worse guys.. It could be Lady Gaga.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited May 2013
    ... you've GOT to be kidding me... what possessed ea/maxis to think that combining to Jessica Simpson would be something most simmers would be interested in??? Are you kidding me?! What forum are they reading??

EDIT: This is an example of ea/maxis trying to make money and not listening to simmers.
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think MurphysLuck nailed it. Such endorsements are inevitable in our celebrity/pop culture obsessed culture.

I wonder why they would ask Jessica Simpson to be involved though. Her clothing is nothing special. I do like/have some of her shoes though :oops:

At any rate, this is no surefire fact that she will be participating in the franchise.
  • lebronjeslebronjes Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2013
    just like other simmers have mentioned a bit, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing as long as they don't make something soo unrealistic and crazy like Katy Perry.

Just like the random name drops that re-record songs in simlish, Jessica Simpson could just be dropping in and letting game producers copy some of her clothing for in-game content. At least with her stuff, it's realistic to wear around town.

Just gotta try to be optimistic. I like to think that with a clean slate like The Sims 4, the producers will know better (since most of them have been around since the beginning and know what worked and what didn't)
  • KawaiidulceKawaiidulce Posts: 716 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'd rather have Jessica Simpson who at least doesn't have some freakish obsession over candy and sweets. I'd love to have a few clothing options designed by her in the base game, partly because she actually has a clothing line.

Let's just be glad no Kartrashians will be getting into my game, praise Plumbob.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, SadieStar! 8)

Maybe they're just reaching out to famous fans? Milla has tweeted plenty of times about the games she plays. Maybe Jessica Simpson is a fan, too? They wouldn't have to endorse it; just the fact that they are famous and they play would be a popularity boost.

That would really tie in with their rather low-cost big announcement. You don't have to pay fansites to get people good and stir-crazy with anticipation the same way that you would, oh I dunno... marketing people. LOL (Then again, maybe enough of us ignore the marketing that they decided it wasn't worth it! HA!)

It'll be interesting to watch to see how many more corners they'll cut, and how many other fans-who-happen-to-be-famous-and/or-well-connected they reach out to. Maybe we should make a list of known celeb fans and see how many get pinged. We could even make up bingo cards! :mrgreen:

• bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    They did this with The Sims 3 before/around the release too.
    and then we got katy perrys gaudy nightmare..
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    There's nothing to worry about. :P
    i doubt that highly lol
  • atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2013
    No. No more celebrities. I didn't buy sweet treats or the kp edition of Showtime and will do the same for any further celebrity endorsed products.
  • lebronjeslebronjes Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'd rather have Jessica Simpson who at least doesn't have some freakish obsession over candy and sweets. I'd love to have a few clothing options designed by her in the base game, partly because she actually has a clothing line.

Let's just be glad no Kartrashians will be getting into my game, praise Plumbob.

my point exactly! I don't think there's anything wrong with the producers who don't have a fashion background using celebs who might have previously shown an interest in the game to help with ideas for MODERN AND REALISTIC clothing that people actually wear nowadays.

for once is there a chance that the base game will include clothes not taken out of episodes of Roseanne or shirts that graze men's bellybuttons?? :lol:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    why do they need celebrities? cant they go with something like Disney? Disney would be way better to have in the game :/ and to be honest i don't even know who jessica simpson is or katy perry actually so yeh. wouldn't mind then asking more well known things like Disney or Pixar would love ice age things in Sims 4 or monsters inc. and Cinderella and little mermaid
    Katy Perry is a pop singer, and Jessica Simpson is an actress/singer. They are just trying to get more publicity. And to do that, they need as much well known names as possible. Disney and Pixar would only add to that, and more. :D
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013

NP MurphysLuck, :D I agree with your second statement too--it's all about marketing. I'm guessing the main demographic of sims fans are 14-17, & a lot of that crowd is celebrity obsessed.

Lol to Kartrashians :lol:

Yes. Let's be glad J Simpson got over that phase-- :lol: (She actually used to have a line called 'Dessert Treats', lol which included a line of edible lotions, lip glosses, and body sprays) :oops: I actually had a few items and they were gross--tasted like nasty chemicals with splenda thrown on top!