Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics

The picture they've given us doesn't show much detail at all... If the game isn't that good w/ those, then I probably won't buy it. Why would EA/MAXIS take a huge step back?

"Starting w/ the roots of the sims 1" means graphics from the Sims Social? :roll:

Comments

• Shee220Shee220 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2013
    The picture doesn't tell much because the game is still a year or so from being released. Things are probably subjected to change between now and then. If they released a picture with an amazing realistic Sim but when you played the game you got a extremely cartoon version of the sim... it would be false advertisement right? Then people would still be unhappy.

Its hard to tell how the graphics are going to be from a picture that only has eyes, eyebrows and part of their nose.
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that it is too early to tell what the graphics will be like, I will reserve judgement until I see actual in game screenshots from TS4.
  • IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    Graphics for most games typically change drastically between the earliest screenshots and the actual release. Anyone remember the tech demo for Spore?

(Not that Spore really went in a great direction...)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it was Guru Graham who said that what you see of TS in pics is not always how it's going to be in the game. So just because the pics of TS4 doesn't look so great right now. Does not mean that that's how it'll look when it's released. :D
  • mikeds99mikeds99 Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Thank god
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2013
    I personally feel as if they mixed both the sims 2 and 3 graphics togeth er as you can see the eyesare ore expressed
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I personally feel as if they mixed both the sims 2 and 3 graphics togeth er as you can see the eyesare ore expressed
    They are probably trying something new with the graphics. So it won't look so appealing at first, but give it some time and it could look even better than TS3's graphics does. :D
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    They had better match the quality the have on Dragon Age 2 - I know they can do it right, so goof that when you zoom in the characters have pores in their skin.

They could also do a dialog menu similar to DA2 for user directed interactions and common event like weddings in languages we can actually understand.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.