Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Certain fansites knew Sims 4 was/is among us?

I don't really like conspiracies and all, but it made me wonder. I'm a fan of their website and use it frequently.

SimsVIP made a random, out of the blue post (unless I'm missing something) about The Sims 4 on April 25th, 2013. Days later, about a day ago, the domain for TheSims4.com goes active.

:?: :?

Then EA announces they will reveal something big within The Sims franchise this Monday. SimsVIP ends up invited to the event.

Have certain fansites been notified about TS4 and asked to hype things up for this Monday's announcement which is definitely Sims 4? I think so.

Just my two cents. :P

Comments

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    I thought SimsVIP wasn't invited, she just posted that other fansites were...though I might have misunderstood.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    I thought SimsVIP wasn't invited, she just posted that other fansites were...though I might have misunderstood.

Nope, in an update to one of her posts she wrote she was.

"*Update* – It is with tears of joy that I bring you guys some amazing news. EA has officially invited SimsVIP to this exclusive event on Monday. This means that all the amazing and dedicated readers here on SimsVIP, will get a first look at the “big” announcement right here on SimsVIP. We are very excited to be a part of this event!"
    http://simsvip.com/2013/05/03/ea-to-make-big-announcement-for-the-sims/

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Nope, in an update to one of her posts she wrote she was.

"*Update* – It is with tears of joy that I bring you guys some amazing news. EA has officially invited SimsVIP to this exclusive event on Monday. This means that all the amazing and dedicated readers here on SimsVIP, will get a first look at the “big” announcement right here on SimsVIP. We are very excited to be a part of this event!"
    http://simsvip.com/2013/05/03/ea-to-make-big-announcement-for-the-sims/

Ooop, I missed the update. XD Thanks for the correction.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well if im right those people who went to the university event werent told they would be the first to see seasons or hear the official announcement. So Its highly possible from a marketing standpoint everyone has been talking (from the beginning of sims 3) about sims 4 and the early announcement about this years sims 3 line up. So the hype is there all they have to say is "huge announcement" and "the sims series" and the hype explodes assuming its sims 4. The fan sites dont have to know what the actual info is.

Also simsvip might have been one of the last sites to be contacted thus they knew about the announcement from other websites but updated to say they were invited. And ALL the sims websites have spotters and whistle blowers or just random lucky breaks that contact them with new information. like the blog post from an employee and also the domain name being live.

• Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    peoinee wrote:
    Well if im right those people who went to the university event werent told they would be the first to see seasons or hear the official announcement. So Its highly possible from a marketing standpoint everyone has been talking (from the beginning of sims 3) about sims 4 and the early announcement about this years sims 3 line up. So the hype is there all they have to say is "huge announcement" and "the sims series" and the hype explodes assuming its sims 4. The fan sites dont have to know what the actual info is.

Also simsvip might have been one of the last sites to be contacted thus they knew about the announcement from other websites but updated to say they were invited. And ALL the sims websites have spotters and whistle blowers or just random lucky breaks that contact them with new information. like the blog post from an employee and also the domain name being live.

I was invited to the University event here in sweden but couldn't make it because i was sick. But i only know one fansite from that event that got invited to the "Big announcement" on monday and that is SimGoodie. I think EA picked some of the biggest fansites from different places on the earth. One from USA, one from UK, one from Scandinavia, one from Germany and so on. But i could be wrong, but that's my speculation :wink: xD
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    :mrgreen: Reminds me of a song from the 80's where they guy is humming...hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

Things that make you say hmmm.

I bascially thought it was very odd SimsVIP held their info until just recently, then all of a sudden other Euro sites start reporting they are all invited to a 'revelation' concerning the series. Not an EP announcement but about the series...

I bascially said so in my thread and half a dozen people thought I was horrible for 'thinking' eihter SimsVIP knew what the game is, and or EA turned a blind eye as in a 'nod' and didn't make them take it down..or it was actually really too late to make them take down their info..and they might as well come out with it on Monday...

But EA doesn't play that way..so it's still up in the air to me (with all due respect to SimsVIP) what really happened.

Leaked info..ta da..EA going to announce new game..all within the same week of rumors.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    :mrgreen: Reminds me of a song from the 80's where they guy is humming...hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

I bascially thought it was very odd SimsVIP held their info until just recently, then all of a sudden other Euro sites start reporting they are all invited to a 'revelation' concerning the series. Not an EP announcement but about the series...

I bascially said so in my thread and half a dozen people thought I was horrible for 'thinking' eihter SimsVIP knew what the game is, and or EA turned a blind eye as in a 'nod' and didn't make them take it down..or it was actually really too late to make them take down their info..and they might as well come out with it on Monday...

But EA doesn't play that way..so it's still up in the air to me (with all due respect to SimsVIP) what really happened.

Leaked info..ta da..EA going to announce new game..all within the same week of rumors.

I agree. This does sound suspicious. Also, any mention of something like this has caused them to lock and delete my threads.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

I agree. This does sound suspicious. Also, any mention of something like this has caused them to lock and delete my threads.
    you know why they did it, stop acting like you dont.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I don't really like conspiracies and all, but it made me wonder. I'm a fan of their website and use it frequently.

SimsVIP made a random, out of the blue post (unless I'm missing something) about The Sims 4 on April 25th, 2013. Days later, about a day ago, the domain for TheSims4.com goes active.

Then EA announces they will reveal something big within The Sims franchise this Monday. SimsVIP ends up invited to the event.

Have certain fansites been notified about TS4 and asked to hype things up for this Monday's announcement which is definitely Sims 4? I think so.

Is it possible you're thinking conspiracy when it was actually cause and effect? SimsVIP leaks the Sims 4 stuff, it spreads to the point EA can't even attempt to contain it, EA responds by going ahead and announcing it, and then invites SimsVIP in hopes of preventing further leaks of this nature by keeping them on the inside. After all, it's what I'd do.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Is it possible you're thinking conspiracy when it was actually cause and effect? SimsVIP leaks the Sims 4 stuff, it spreads to the point EA can't even attempt to contain it, EA responds by going ahead and announcing it, and then invites SimsVIP in hopes of preventing further leaks of this nature by keeping them on the inside. After all, it's what I'd do.
    You have good point here. :D
  • Options
    KawaiidulceKawaiidulce Posts: 716 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Meh, why is everyone acting surprised The Sims 4 was going to be released? I'm surely not. I just thought it was coming out in early 2015 instead.