Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT'S OFFICIAL!

13...Next

Comments

• nytikanytika Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am most excited about the release of sims 4. With it being released on the heals of the sims 3 end ill be pre-ordering. I love the franchise and will be sticking with them. Especially with it being single player offline. Cant wait for more info later today.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG! I knew it! :mrgreen:

To those who say they are excited and sad, I know how you feel. But with me, I've had to start over so many times during this series, I never got truly attached like I did in 2.

With that being said, the sims series typically runs 5 years...and 5 years is up. Personally I'm kinda glad because any more eps after IP and my nice computer would explode. I wonder if the "futuristic ep" has anything to do with sims 4? :P

And yes I will be buying it...I've stuck with the sims from day one, why should I stop now. The only thing I'm truly hoping for is more family/friend/lover interactions and that the sims recognize their family members over other random sims. In sims 2, they had a nice "family kiss" that could only be done with a member of the family...something along those lines.

I definitely will be stepping up my gameplay with 3 as there are still things I want to do to explore further, and of course, there's DV and IP on the horizon. :mrgreen:

I have a feeling that 4 won't be released until later next year. Plenty of time. :mrgreen:

Edit for serious typos. :oops:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really don't know what to think about it. On the one side, the news is exiting. And I am curios to find out what new things Sims 4 has to offer.

On the other side, EA has proven to be a company not really trustworthy when it comes to quality. I am not sure if I like to go again through all the trouble of bugs again and spend money for the coming add-ons.

At the moment I wait for further information. It is still time before I make a decision. And until then I play Sims 3.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited May 2013
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

This is how big my smile is!!
  • CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited May 2013
    If they want to make a profit, they are going to have to do TS4 different. There's no way I'm leaving TS3 for a base game of not much with endless sunny days & no pets. I've done that twice now. Let the new players fall for that. I'm done. I'll get it when I'm able to get what I want. :P I just hope no one steals my name on the TS4 site while I wait.
    Of course, if the base game does have weather I'll get it the day it comes out!

I WILL NOT WAIT ON WEATHER AGAIN!!!! :evil: :lol:

Haha definitely agree!
    I hope it comes with stuff like pets and weather and some type of university. Would be awesome if the expansions were just 'expanding' on what is already in the game, as then the base game itself would be really good!

I just really hope they've learnt from all of their mistakes with The Sims 3, as well as all of the positives. I'd like to see them get rid of most of the rabbitholes too, but I can't imagine that unfortunately :(! Plus a lot more customisation! Like sliders for hair length, adding fringes to any hairstyle etc.

Ahh I hope it's good :P!
  • ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm excited but also a bit sad, but I had this feeling with The Sims 2 as well. I'll purchase The Sims 4, but I won't be purchasing expansions like I did with 3. I'll be doing a lot of research before purchasing, so I don't waste money. :)

Same.

This includes me not buying an expansion pack because it has one item that I've always wanted. I hate when they do that.
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    It will be sad leaving 3 but we all have to start new somewhere. Anyway, TS4 might porve to be quite a surprise to everyone. I just wish there will be weather and/or pets in the base game. I can't start new again with an empty base game :roll:
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2013
    zenmisery wrote:
    All I REALLY want from TS4 is the ability to choose whatever furniture item or appliance I want based on its APPEARANCE and have a slider or some such to choose the comfort/hygiene/etc. levels. Which would then adjust the pricing of the object. I have been wanting it since about halfway through TS2 and if they don't implement it (shouldn't be more complicated than making the fabrics/textures open for customization) I will be very sad. I want to make a house that has the best - but not always the same simply because it's the highest on the list. I want to buy things that look the way I want and then be able to MAKE them the best.

This is something I've been really wanting too. It gets really stale using the same fridge and beds all the time. They could even make it to where a handy sim could upgrade the object to increase its hygiene, comfort, etc. What do you think EA? Pretty please!
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it's natural for people to be skeptical of change. I'm seeing a lot of that on here because players have become so attached to their sims on sims 3, with me included.

In my opinion there have been waaaayyyy too many EP's and SP's for sims 3. I know I'm in the minority for this but I think 10 EP's is just too much, and half of them were updated repeats from sims 2. I'm hoping that sims 4 brings brand new ideas and not updated EP's that would be repeated for the third time in a row now.

I am excited for the possibilities of sims 4, can't wait for my sims to have new lives!
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like how it says, "Play with Life". I know that we are already playing our sims' lives but this might mean a lot more.

I'm guessing it will be a lot more realistic. Interactions, movements, chances, progressing in life would probably be improved a lot more. Less glitches and EPs that make more sense(hopefully).
  • MihajloStasukMihajloStasuk Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    If it's on line only like Sim City I'll be passing on it. If it's a better single player sandbox version of TS3 I'll be interested to see more.
    It isn't they said it's the offline expirience withno internet connection required what so ever. :P
  • coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I also really hope we can play multiple families in the one neighbourhood easily. It's something I miss from Sims 2
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope that they improve the story progression for sims 4.

And this time, I will save the first sim that I create. There have been some threads lately with people talking about the first sim they played in sims 3, and I honestly cannot remember what my first sim was like and I wish I did.
  • ChanC97ChanC97 Posts: 324 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm uncertain how I feel about this. I love the Sims 3. I've spent entirely too much money on the Sims 3- buying all the expansions and stuff packs and as much from the store as good sales and available money would allow. LOL

The Sims 3 convinced me to move on from the Sims 2 by offering the chance at an open neighborhood. The minute I found out that sims wouldn't be lot-bound any longer, I was hooked.

I'll have to wait and see what information is released on Sims 4 before I get too excited. If they plan to keep it a single player offline game, I can't help but wonder what they can do that will make it different enough and better than the Sims 3 to justify my moving on. Not that I won't eventually get it- but unless it has something super stupendous offered that Sims 3 doesn't have I don't know why I'd rush to get it.
  • ChanC97ChanC97 Posts: 324 Member
    edited May 2013
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I really hope that they improve the story progression for sims 4.

And this time, I will save the first sim that I create. There have been some threads lately with people talking about the first sim they played in sims 3, and I honestly cannot remember what my first sim was like and I wish I did.

I actually had saved my first sim- but a computer crash led me to lose her from my computer and that was before they got all the site glitches ironed out- so the exchange had deleted it and I wasn't able to get her back. :(
  • Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow! I haven't been on these forums in years but this announcement sent to my email had me checking the forums for more info!
    Unfortunately, nothing more has been revealed :-(

I am excited about Sims 4. I really loved the idea of Sims 3 but something was missing for me and whatever it was, It made it so that I could walk away from Sims 3 for long extended periods of time.

What I liked about Sims 2 was that my Sims really seemed to have a personality of their own that did not need my imagination much. I mean I'm creative and I use my imagination to help guide my Sims but I liked that in Sims 2, the expansions allowed my Sim to really enjoy things and behave with a preference. One example is how in Sims 2, my Sims would get the hots for some random Sim from the "scope room" feature and it made it a challenge to help my Sim get their true love. It definitely gave the idea they had autonomy and I had control to fulfill or take away.
    That kind of seemed to be missing in Sims 3, at least for me anyway.
    Don't get me wrong, I did/do enjoy Sims 3 and I am looking forward to playing with Island Paradise expansion when it comes out but hearing about Sims 4 has me hopeful that some of that charm that was apart of Sims 2 will return.

Either way, I'm sold. I will definitely try it out!
    As a dedicated fan of the games, I am loyal enough to be excited and will definitely nap a copy next year when it's released!