Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims 3 be fixed before the release of sims 4

Hi there Guru's

I just have two questions about sims 4's release. Our sims 3 games are still a bit buggy, for instance adventure boards that stop working and also the .50 patch broke the full moon problem with zombies everywhere after a full moon if you save during a full moon. Will all of those things be fixed over time so those of us that stick with sims 3 can have an almost glitch free game

Another question I have spend almost thousand dollars in the store over the years, I nearly had a heart attack seeing that in my billing history :shock: so will we always have access to our store purchase history or will it to become non existent like the sims 2 store?

I only have those two questions, I know they are not directly sims 4 related, but they are a worry because of sims 4 and I would like to be put at ease as I am sure others would too.

Comments

• Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Of course it won't. They've got your money and do not feel compelled to make sure you have your money's worth.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013
    Surely they will release a big patch after the last ep. They'll have to because I'm sure the travel one will have bugs.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    Of course it won't. They've got your money and do not feel compelled to make sure you have your money's worth.

I have saved all of my store content to my harddrive, but it would be nice to know that if something had to go wrong with my harddrive, I will still be able to access it.
  • Options
    nightvyxennightvyxen Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2013
    About as good as it may get is a patch that will be released but It won't fix everything. sadly Many gamer companies can not get a perfect un-glitchy game. It be nice if they could but It's something that just isn't possible. My advise is when Sims3 is old like sims2 and teh original are now is have patches downloaded and stored on a Dvd or such so if you install again or what ever you have backups.

BTW couldn't help but notice your also a New Zealander also =D
  • Options
    StarrfoxxStarrfoxx Posts: 147 New Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:

This. I'll rely on talented modders to fix the issues.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    :lol::lol::lol: the game SHOULD be fixed, but no, it won't be.

I laugh not AT you OP, it's a decent question, I just laugh because the answer is unfortunately predictable.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    I have saved all of my store content to my harddrive, but it would be nice to know that if something had to go wrong with my harddrive, I will still be able to access it.
    Their Terms and Conditions (or Terms of Service) means you accept that they can essentially drop support for any of their products without prosecution or warning. So if your hard-drive were to go wrong and they remove the content online, you won't be able to get it and you can't complain.

It's a dodgy business practice, and if you sign up to use Origin (like we all probably are), they can also drop support or even entire games if you download them digitally.

It's partially the reason why I would never buy store content, because there's no hard copy like with a game, expansion pack or stuff pack. It would be nice if EA scrapped the DLC and kept to stuff packs and expansion packs, so we at least have our money's worth when it comes to the seemingly expensive games with not that much content.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:

This. Very sadly but inevitably, this site will go defunct, including the store. I really hope they will have an archive page where customers could have access to the content they paid for for in case something goes wrong with their self-made backups.

At least they should acknowledge our concerns over our purchased store content in the near future. Store loyalty should be rewarded by this at least.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2013
    It just sucks, I will have to burn a disk once I have my Dragon valley and perhaps put it on a memory stick as well for save keeping. I will still try and hope that world adventures especially will get fixed in the island paradise patch. I think price wise sims 4 is gonna kill my bank so I will stick with sims 3.