Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: What I Want and Don't Want to See

I know that the team is likely way too far into the game now to probably make any BIG changes, but if they can, I'd just like to provide some pre-feedback for the game's future.

What I definitely do NOT want to see is weather or a Seasons EP implemented into the base game. I know that a lot of people do, and while this may be a good thing, I would rather see a full EP about it in the future. And not one of the first EPs, either - the first EPs are always the most basic things. As more are released each generation, they get better at it and learn what we really want and like to see. I'd rather see them go full-out and focus solely on weather to make it to the best of its ability.
Same thing above with pets - I do not want to see them in the base game, either.

What I do not want to see is also straying from the grid lines with walls. While I do really like the idea of free-form walls, it just feels too alienated from The Sims to be able to work with.

Now, as to what I do want to see is mostly related to EP ideas.
I do want to see a feature similar to the tombs from WA. They are an extremely fun feature, and I love creating tombs, although I understand that not too many people were thrilled with the concept of the vacation EP having tombs as such a large main feature, although I don't mind myself! :wink:
I'd also like to see if they prepare for another magic/Supernatural EP! This is always a large feature of an EP in every Sims generation, one way or another! This is definitely a must-have! :mrgreen:

Other miscellaneous things that I want to see are just the cheats we have now. Moviemakercheatsenabled true/false. Testingcheatsenabled true/false. And most importantly, BUYDEBUG ON/OFF!!! buydebug is likely the single most useful cheat in this game aside from testingcheatsenabled, and I would honestly just be lost without it! :wink::lol: Thanks for reading this! :)

Comments

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, I think weather/pets should be in the base game as the world will be completed with them, rather than wait for 3 or 4 expansions to get those like Sims 3. That may or may not be happened, though. I don't think I am interested in Supernatural anymore. I want realistic Sims. It may or may not happen as well though. Who knows :)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi!

Well, I guess I would like to have the option of real looking sims opposed to more cartoony ones, like the sims 3. I'd like the game to be able to handle cc better than 3 did. So I could use custom made skins by the community.

I think over all though, my biggest and most important request would be that any expansions they make, please fully integrate them into the main game and with each other. I hated how I had to add features from one expansions into others. It was such a pain in the neck to have to do that with each bar, b/c the new expansion didn't allow for the bar tender on a community lot!

I guess, without trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I'd like them to "think & plan" the expansions a little better. Please.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2013
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    Well, I think weather/pets should be in the base game as the world will be completed with them, rather than wait for 3 or 4 expansions to get those like Sims 3. That may or may not be happened, though. I don't think I am interested in Supernatural anymore. I want realistic Sims. It may or may not happen as well though. Who knows :)

If they were in the base game, the cost would probably be around 120$-150$ seeing as EA would want to make as much money as possible. That's also why they make expansions, because they know they will make a lot of money from the people who want that content.
  • VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will want to see a magic expansion down the rode.
    I dont think I will move over until they make one.

Also make it rain and storm in the base game please.
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will be incredibly surprised if they included weather and pets in the base game. These expansions always sell exceptionally well. At most, they'll have cloudy days or maybe rain and minor pets.
    Same with magic, two out of three games has had magic expansion packs, and Sims 2 sort of slowly dribbled magic in, with AL witches being by far the most complex life state of the game.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited May 2013
    What I would like to see is
    -Sims 2 graphics (I loved the cartoony look they had) with the Sims 3 aging and open world. That would be awesome!
    -For sims to actually acknowledge each other on the own. My sims will literally ignore everyone in their house until their social bar takes a big dip. And this is with high free will on.
    -The little mini-movie that played during a major life moment in the Sims 2.
    -The chance cards the Sims 2 had.
    Basically I would like the Sims 4 to be everything Sims 2 was + Sims 3 open world/aging, although it probably won't happen because they want to move forward with this and not repeat past games :|

Edit:Spelling
  • jhallberjhallber Posts: 195 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope I'm not coming off as rude here but I completely disagree with you about weather. I would like it to come with the base game, because I want my games to seem as realistic as possible from the beginning. Often I re-make entire family lines and whatnot because something important to the realism in the game is about to come out (like university). I know it is unrealistic to expect seasons/weather in the base game but I would at least like to see it as the second EP, with university being the first.