Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed Sims 4 is not online

Comments

• eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was really sure that I would finally get to play with my friends in a high graphic open world :( I guess I'll just have to hope someone else creates it one day. When I can have the sims online with all the things that makes the sims great, I will be so happy. Until then, I can spend half of the time I could have been playing uploading worlds for my friends to download and we "PRETEND" to co-exist in it :evil:

It sounds like you have a pretty cool thing going with your sim friends, somehow you're making it work so you can play together (sort of). Even though at this point, I prefer offline, I like your enthusiasm and ideas. I hope EA comes up with something to fit your playing style. It does sound like fun :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2013
    sl393l wrote:
    I am glad that the Sims 4 will be mainly offline. I have always found the sims games to be solitary games. You can download creative content and share your creations online to make your sim experience what you want it to be. I am glad not to be going through servers like in SimCity, where you can make your region private, but the servers can be fickle. They could make an online version , but I personally don't want to go through servers. I used to play Second Life because it is kind of an online sim game, but it got too weird, and I was sick of weird people making comments to me and now the sex thing is big in the game. My second life character has been standing on a street for 2 years now waiting for me to come back. I don't want the sims to turn into something like that.

I totally agree with you. I tried SecondLife. I hated it. EA would need to really look at WHY SecondLife is a disappointment for most. But what you aren't noticing here is...we have all tried it. Why is that :?: Maybe because if EA made an online game with the sims we love so much, most would probable visit. That's all it takes is a visit. If they do it right, IF they do it right, players would return....its in our nature. We are simmers. And true simmers LOVE anything sim related...when its done right :wink:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just from having a quick read of a couple of articles, I'm thrilled Sims 4 is not geared toward all online play. I was very certain it would go that route, and I'm really thankful to be wrong.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited May 2013
    Optional multiplayer has the potential to be kinda fun. I'd love to share a neighborhood with some friends, sorta like how regions "work" in SimCity.

But on the other hand, I am super relieved that TS4 can be played 100% as a single player game.
  • KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2013
    They wouldn't do that to The Sims franchise. However, they did make a new MMO spinoff called The Sims Online that was discontinued years ago. Perhaps what you're waiting for is actually The Sims Online 2. Sorry if this was already said, I didn't read through the whole thread.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    :hunf:

I'm not. If you want to play a life simulation online, just talk to people.
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2013
    n00biityo wrote:
    What you fail to understand is that online features or mmo's don't fit every game. The Sims being one of those games. If you understand what The Sims is about and stands for you'd understand why some people told you that you're playing the wrong game.

As you said there are plenty of other games that allows you to play with your friends online, you can go play those.

I play the sims because I love the sims. Let's just get that understood before I try a little to make you see what I'm asking for.

I don't need the sims game to "change" to make it an online game. I only ask that the option be there to go online -OR- that EA offer an online version of the game so that I don't lose what I do love.

I will still own a version of the game that is offline single player for when I wanna build. But it sure would be nice to have an option to go online to a new location they released and enjoy exploring it with my friends. If Island Paradise was the new location to visit online...would you not want to go and rent a hotel room and play there for the weekend or open a island shop to manage and earn simoleons to use in another location that is sure to come soon :?: (Imagination...isn't THAT what the sims is about)

As for playing another game, I don't want to play a fighting game. I want to play the sims. I want to play the sims "with" my friends together.

"The Sims" and "having the option of the sims online" is like Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Some people like chocolate. Some people like peanut butter. One day some crazy person put it together and made Reese's cups. Now there are people who like Reese's cups!

They didn't get rid of chocolate and they didn't get rid of peanut butter. They just gave you a choice to have both :mrgreen:

Dear god, no! That's not what The Sims are about. If Island Paradise was online I'd definitely throw a fit. This is what people are trying to explain to you. This isn't what the franchise is about nor has been about in the past. i think what you want is something like Minecraft but with TS3 graphics.

Once again The Sims is a single-player experience where you get to puppeteer and create your sims. I have absolutely NO interest in having people other people in my game doing all kinds of stuff. How would that even WORK without changing the entire game?!

You're supposed to direct the sims to do stuff. How would you make it work? Have your friend take control of your sims for short a time? Then you'd still have to take turns to play. The sims are your dolls to do whatever you want to them. They're not an avatar you can use to "explore" worlds and go to new locations etc.

As I said, what you want isn't what the franchise is about. If they want to make a separate sims mmo, good luck to them but if they make the main series into that horrible IP suggestion you made, I'm out!
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    I miss TSO, I know it got slated but that was EA's fault, they didnt know a good thing when they had it.

Its good news thougt that they are not going down the Simcity route, thank the gods that tanked, otherwise Sim 4 could have been heading in the same direction.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am so relieved that it is an offline game. Like always. Thank you EA/Maxis. :D
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but I'm also relieved it's not online and staying a single player game. However they did mention there would be online options available.
    SimGuruHydra said:
    Q: Will there be an online component for The Sims 4?

A:There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It’s up to the player to choose how they want to play.
  • vay2009vay2009 Posts: 792 New Member
    edited May 2013
    just stoped by again CQ, to make sure you were okay. Im glad the rude was banned. That was so uncalled for. I'll always stick up for my simmer friends. :-) Glad to see others are agreeing with us. YAY to that!! :lol:
    edited May 2013
    eilian wrote:
    I was really sure that I would finally get to play with my friends in a high graphic open world :( I guess I'll just have to hope someone else creates it one day. When I can have the sims online with all the things that makes the sims great, I will be so happy. Until then, I can spend half of the time I could have been playing uploading worlds for my friends to download and we "PRETEND" to co-exist in it :evil:

It sounds like you have a pretty cool thing going with your sim friends, somehow you're making it work so you can play together (sort of). Even though at this point, I prefer offline, I like your enthusiasm and ideas. I hope EA comes up with something to fit your playing style. It does sound like fun :)

Thank you for posting.

Yes. I have made 3-4 really good friends that I met through the game since the release of TS3. We download worlds that are made by EA but sometimes we download worlds made by other players for more diversity and a new place to explore together. We have all shared our simselves (sims made in our own likeness) so that we can "at least" see each other's sim in the same world with us. BUT if a community lot is add or changed in my world or their world it becomes a chore to try and keep things the same.

My friends and I have longed for the day when your sim can hear the door bell at home, open the door, and low and behold MY FRIEND (operating herself) is there, for a visit WITH ME!

We have longed for a day when we can sign online and meet up in a new location EA just released: picture a forest that you are running through towards a light that gets brighter as you get closer...as you approach it you realize its a beautiful clearing with lights strung from tree to tree...with wonderful music being played with wooden flutes...and seeing happy sims brightly dressed and dancing together. There's a bar with a grass skirt and fairy serving the drinks. You're encouraged to join the festivities. Be taught a new dance, taught to play the foreign instrument, taught to make a new food dish or drink to go back to your home land and share with others.

Sorry...I tend to let my imagination run away with me. But then...that is why I am a simmer :wink:
  • Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited May 2013
    What in God's name are you talking about? NO ONE wanted TS4 to be online, that's why everyone was ready to protest EA and throw their Sims games out the window (jk, but can you imagine?), hearing that it won't be online is a relief to most of all of The Sims community.
    edited May 2013
    vay2009 wrote:
    just stoped by again CQ, to make sure you were okay. Im glad the rude was banned. That was so uncalled for. I'll always stick up for my simmer friends. :-) Glad to see others are agreeing with us. YAY to that!! :lol:

:mrgreen: Hugs to my friend Vay
    She is a friend I made through playing the sims.
    I would gladly meet her online in the sims anytime :mrgreen:
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited May 2013
    Like others before me have said, there are a lot of reasons most people want The Sims 4 to be offline. I know you say you just want the choice, but once added an online feature usually doesn't go away completely even when deactivated. Take the Store for instance. I have it deactivated in-game, yet there are still ads in build and buy mode.

I'd just hate to see them add an online feature that then bugs everybody who doesn't want to play online, or worse takes away parts of the game because they're not online. I think that right there is the main reason people don't want anything to do with an online Sims.

Maybe someday you'll get your wish, but you're definitely in the minority so I wouldn't hold your breath too long lol. It'll probably never be anywhere near what you described throughout this thread, but maybe those optional online features will give you something close.
    edited May 2013
    DarkMirage wrote:
    I'm sorry you are disappointed. I am quite relieved. I was ready to give up my favorite game if it went to an online version.

I agree with you.

I love the sims.

It should only be an "option" or a separate sims online game entirely.
    edited May 2013
    Derella wrote:
    Optional multiplayer has the potential to be kinda fun. I'd love to share a neighborhood with some friends, sorta like how regions "work" in SimCity.

But on the other hand, I am super relieved that TS4 can be played 100% as a single player game.

Yes. You are so correct :!:

I would love to be able to share a neighborhood with some of my friends too. And when I want to play alone, I simply choose that option.

Having a "choice" is a wonderful idea :mrgreen:
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited May 2013

Thank you for posting.

Yes. I have made 3-4 really good friends that I met through the game since the release of TS3. We download worlds that are made by EA but sometimes we download worlds made by other players for more diversity and a new place to explore together. We have all shared our simselves (sims made in our own likeness) so that we can "at least" see each other's sim in the same world with us. BUT if a community lot is add or changed in my world or their world it becomes a chore to try and keep things the same.

My friends and I have longed for the day when your sim can hear the door bell at home, open the door, and low and behold MY FRIEND (operating herself) is there, for a visit WITH ME!

We have longed for a day when we can sign online and meet up in a new location EA just released: picture a forest that you are running through towards a light that gets brighter as you get closer...as you approach it you realize its a beautiful clearing with lights strung from tree to tree...with wonderful music being played with wooden flutes...and seeing happy sims brightly dressed and dancing together. There's a bar with a grass skirt and fairy serving the drinks. You're encouraged to join the festivities. Be taught a new dance, taught to play the foreign instrument, taught to make a new food dish or drink to go back to your home land and share with others.

Sorry...I tend to let my imagination run away with me. But then...that is why I am a simmer :wink:

Haha! My afternoon seems so boring after reading that :mrgreen: Hugs to you, I like your ideas. And I think the way you and your friends are playing now sounds cool. Kudos for coming up with your own way to play together until there's an online option for you all. :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Tazlady19Tazlady19 Posts: 299 Member
    edited May 2013
    I personally am not upset that it is not online. I have learned my lesson from diablo 3 when it came out and told me that I had to be online in order to play, their servers go down and now I cannot play. This is unfair. I should not be denied being able to play a game to which I paid for, because they could not foresee this happening. And it did not just happen to D3, it also happened to the new SimCity. I refuse to give any more money to a company that requires me to be online all the time.

I like single player games like Sims 3, this way I can let my OCD kick in and make as many Sims as I want without EA telling me no. I like to do odd things and create odd worlds, and would hate to have someone slap my wrist and tell me "stop it". If I want to play an MMO, I will pick up one of the many hack and slash medieval like games out there on the market today.
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2013

facepalm.jpg
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Like others before me have said, there are a lot of reasons most people want The Sims 4 to be offline. I know you say you just want the choice, but once added an online feature usually doesn't go away completely even when deactivated. Take the Store for instance. I have it deactivated in-game, yet there are still ads in build and buy mode.

I'd just hate to see them add an online feature that then bugs everybody who doesn't want to play online, or worse takes away parts of the game because they're not online. I think that right there is the main reason people don't want anything to do with an online Sims.

Maybe someday you'll get your wish, but you're definitely in the minority so I wouldn't hold your breath too long lol. It'll probably never be anywhere near what you described throughout this thread, but maybe those optional online features will give you something close.

Did you read your TOS when you bought the game? The TOS states there are ads in the game and you can't deactivate them. They state the game:

Includes software that collects data online necessary to provide and activate in-game advertising for all The Sims 3 products previously and hereafter installed.

When you installed the game, you agreed to this feature that can't be disabled. It is part of the game. Throughout the whole Sims 3 lifespan there has been ingame advertising.

What we are asking for is an optional multiplayer mode.
    edited May 2013

This part here, "or worse takes away parts of the game because they're not online".

I would have to believe(based on the above statement)that you also don't like that certain objects are only unlocked in the game if you simport.

I have to agree with you on that one. Why should THOSE players over THERE get objects that I paid to have too.

But then, why should a simmer get incentive objects for ordering the game early :shock:

Aren't we all paying the same amount of money :shock:

The point I'm gently trying to make is simple.

It does not require you to "pre-order" to play the game. It does not require that you "simport" to play the game. Those are just...a way to reward you, NO, to thank you for using their options. You are not losing anything for not "using their options."

You can't "lose" something you never had. They weren't apart of the game you paid for. They were extras.

Island Paradise is coming...if you pre-order you get "extra" things. Its an incentive to pre-order. If you choose not to pre-order you haven't "lost" something you "paid" for. The pre-order items are not included in what you paid for, just as any extra "incentive" items possible obtainable online are not paid for. They are free gifts for simply using and "Optional gameplay".

The whole point of this thread is to simply ask EA to offer the "option" of playing online -OR- create an online sims game for those who want it.

edited May 2013

What we are asking for is an optional multiplayer mode.

Simply put 8) I couldn't have said it better myself :wink:

• Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:

If it means EA needs to make a new game, then get busy EA.

So you want EA to waste time, money, and effort (man power and developers) to make a game that will appeal to the smallest minority in the sims? And then watch it collapse just as the original did years ago? If you wanted EA to go through all of that (which they probably won't, sorry. Although there might be some social features in TS4), the least you could do is not sound so bossy about it. :wink:

I find that people can say things that are otherwise rude in person but online they feel free to hurt other peoples feelings. I do not do that. I'm not sure if you do, but I'm not posting here to figure that out.

I'm not being bossy.

I'm communicating on the opposite side of what the majority of the posters here have felt the need to come and say.

My passion for being able to play in the same space as my friends with the wonderful things that The Sims Game has brought is just as strong as those who want to keep their "private" games.

Guys, I don't wanna take that away from you. I just want EA to offer both.

And just because something fails the first time doesn't mean never try it again. It means learn from what went wrong and make it better next time.

Isn't that why theirs gonna be a sims 4...to IMPROVE on what players say needs improving...

btw many ppl said the tablet would be a flop. Apple built it anyway..and now you can't turn the tv on without see a tablet.

Be a little more ...creative with your thinking. Isn't that what THE SIMS is all about :wink:

Sorry if the Sims 4 is ONLINE ONLY,I won't buy it and having played the new Simcity,its full of fail,I am happy the Sims 4 will be offline
    edited May 2013
    Tazlady19 wrote:
    I personally am not upset that it is not online. I have learned my lesson from diablo 3 when it came out and told me that I had to be online in order to play, their servers go down and now I cannot play. This is unfair. I should not be denied being able to play a game to which I paid for, because they could not foresee this happening. And it did not just happen to D3, it also happened to the new SimCity. I refuse to give any more money to a company that requires me to be online all the time.

I like single player games like Sims 3, this way I can let my OCD kick in and make as many Sims as I want without EA telling me no. I like to do odd things and create odd worlds, and would hate to have someone slap my wrist and tell me "stop it". If I want to play an MMO, I will pick up one of the many hack and slash medieval like games out there on the market today.

Thank you so much for posting.

What you have just said is EXACTLY why this thread exist.

Here is your quote: "If I want to play an MMO, I will pick up one of the many hack and slash medieval like games out there on the market today"

I TOTALLY agree with you. BUT THIS is why I want the sims online. I DON'T WANT to "hack and slash" JUST to play online.

Why hasn't someone made a game that I can play online doing the things we love in "our" game, The Sims?

Why hasn't EA offered the option to visit new worlds that your sim of "your choice" can explore with your friends, keeping everything that you find in each world you explore to bring back to your main game. :?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top