Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Think is The Next Big Improvement in TS4,'s Tools?

Besides the descriptions posted of how wonderful the next Sim will be in expressions, behaves etc..

In buy mode and other tools?

You know, TS2 had the limited amount of objects per each EP and Maxis recolors. TS3 opened up for players a way to change the overall textures and colors themselves..but left out matching chairs, or love seats etc. Not much matches in buy mode in TS3..I mean the meshes..

One style of couch..but no arm chair and love seats to match the form.

In TS4 they said something about all new tools! Yay!

Wonder if that means, at last Simmers will be able to easily 'mesh' a new sofa?..not just recolor within the game...but a type of Milkshape tool in the game of sorts that allows the player to actually create somethng different? :mrgreen:

Here's hoping!!!

ETA: Or wait, maybe these new tools allow a Simmer to take a photo and then get it into the game and 'make' that chair? You know, the loveable character we refer to as 'the old hippie' that discussed those ideas with Linda head of The Sims team..

Instead of buying those online we put those pics of anything in the game and can make it ourselves! That would really be something!

And what if TS4 has 'face mapping' like EA's Rockstar game?

Would you be more excited?

ETA: Corrected my header question for clarity.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2013
    Better sim-personalities :D:D Besides that I´ve no idea - but it all sounds great so far
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    'Expressive' sims!!!
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2013
    Expressive' sims!!!

Yaaay!!! :D
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    'Expressive' sims!!!
    Naught cinderelli's thread got deleted. :lol:
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    More diverse personalities, better world-creation tools, and maybe a built-in create-a-pattern tool. :mrgreen:
  • aresmarsaresaresmarsares Posts: 59 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want my Sims to have more depth. I hope the traits are better put together.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013

They should combine the old personality system with the new one. The old system is more for base personalities, and the new one is more for details. In TS3, you can give sims details to their personality, but they all have pretty much the same base personality... :roll:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013

I agree, and I think they heard hundreds of thousands of us that have been complaining how hollow Sims 3 Sims seem to be..

But I'm asking what do you think the new CAS and Buymode..Create A Style tools will be? They said easily share with your friends..much like here I guess..but there has to be some major upbeat improvement on those tools just like in each series to make it all 'new' experience.

Do you have any ideas? I'm sorry, I couldn't get the full question in the Header. :cry:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just from the recording of the call they had, it sounds like the big improvements are going to be gameplay vs. graphical - more focused on the sims themselves than the world or objects. As long as they keep the open word and the recolorable style systemm - the changes sound like they're going to be on how the Sims themselves are created and interact. More traits? Maybe the return of wants/fears?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes expressive :-) Smarter, more aware of what's happening and not forget so quickly. Hopefully a lot of CAS, Build/Buy options. I really hope for a link in worlds. So excited :D
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

They should combine the old personality system with the new one. The old system is more for base personalities, and the new one is more for details. In TS3, you can give sims details to their personality, but they all have pretty much the same base personality... :roll:

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't want to do away with traits but I do miss the zodiac. It would be awesome if the game had time divided some way so the zodiacs were accurate. It was always funny when twins would get different signs.
  • gamingprofilegamingprofile Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    I think based on what I have read, they are going to make it easier to place lots and create worlds. Maybe make it where we can place on our roads without having to use a separate tool. As for difference in CAS and Build/Buy mode. I think they are going to add height sliders, because that has been asked for a lot, and I would like to see walls linking to foundations easier and different sized foundations, stages, etc.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'd expect Sims 4 to be a BIG step from Sims 3 :)
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    They said more ways for the Sims to interact with each other. I hope that includes infants and toddlers. I would love to get rid of the burrito babies and be able to customize their clothes.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    Based on what she said in the conference, there will be many improvements to pretty much everything. :mrgreen: I'm exicted for the new CAS!
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited May 2013
    Layered Clothing, style our own hair, gradual growth & age of our sims. :)
  • PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be so cool if they put in tools to create objects, hair and clothes.

Furthermore, I was really excited to hear that they are going back to the root of the sims.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    Improved AI...no more hand on hip, toe tapping. :lol:

Infants "FINALLY" get clothes to wear, hairstyles, accessories, etc. (I will be very sad if this does not happen :( )

CAS - Body Shapes such as pear, apple, hourglass, etc. and body shapes for men too. Ability to tweak every little detail to get the sim exactly how you want them to look. For example: a body builder or a fit male sim with a wide chest but a small waist/hips. Two different eye colors within one eye or each eye would be possible.

Etc.

Cannot wait to find out more about CAS, family-orientated interactions (Baby Shower! Play Date for toddlers/kids!Etc.), how sims actually look...everything about TS4. :P
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited May 2013
    I'm also hoping for a better CAS! Much like the TS2 bodyshop. It had so many tweakers! For instance in TS3 you can't tweak much about the eyebrows. But in the bodyshop you had a several options..not seen in this game. Even when you expand the sliders to tweak the corners if they are higher or lower, turned inward or outward etc..still some things are missing.

I hate having to choose a set of brows..I miss the individual brow shaping ability in bodyshop.

Also, a lot of the nose adjustments are not in this game, either.

Let's hope we get height sliders, finally! I know that would be hard on them..but maybe this time around male Sims' hair is just a little higher to give the illusion the male is taller than a female.

In both games if a female had poofy hair in my game she made my male Sims look extremely shorter when standing beside her. :lol:

Like Sonny and Cher..he was so short next to her.

Oh, and let's hope TS4 let's us make our own worlds/hoods in the game..subhoods..no more CAW!! YAY!

And one biggy..please don't make us load our last save inorder to be able to get into Edit town or neighborhood whatever it will be called.

I hate that! I sometimes just want to build and don't want to enter the last household I played first! :x
    edited May 2013
    knazzer wrote:
    Layered Clothing, style our own hair, gradual growth & age of our sims. :)

Yay! I hope that all comes true!