Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has won the WORST COMPANY for customer service two years in a row

And they deserve that reputation mightily. I think we all know that the company puts out highly flawed software and does NOT fix glitches and problems in a timely manner. Look at the Criminal career paths in Sims 3. They have been broken since the game came out and EA STILL has not fixed them. That is ONLY ONE OF THE MANY problems EA won't fix because they are too busy trying to milk the cash cow to death instead of providing a service and a product backed by integrity.

With the release of Sim City, we saw what EA's vision of how THEY want future game released to the public. I, for one, refuse to buy a product that so royally back end screws the customer base with an off shore drill rig.

Until such time as I see EA stepping up to the plate and treating it's customers like the precious commodity we are to them, and they ensure that we will not have to repeatedly pay for what SHOULD be included in the base games or reasonable expansion packs and stuff packs (including mod-ability, more than one world and working content) I will not spend even one dime on this game. I will not even so much as express interest in it.

EA, you have a lot of very deserved negative press to overcome, and you have some HUGE amends to make to your customers. Get it right or go treat yourselves to the drill rig.

mik

Comments

• mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    Calm down! What has this got to do with TS4 :?
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2013
    EVERYTHING.

Do some investigation into how EA released Sim City - how they implied it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread and released an essentially broken game to the players at exorbitant cost and then blew off the glitches and problems. How those players cannot even play the game unless they have a dedicated origin connection the entire time they are playing it. They can NOT play it as a true off line game - REALLY sucks for them if their internet is down, now dosn't it? In addition, in order to do anything at all -like build the majority of the buildings or progress in the single player game in any way, shape or form - they immediately have to buy more and more and more overpriced micro-transaction store content and "deeds".

EA has made statements that the Sim City model IS the model after which they release future titles.

I refuse to spend money on that. I absolutely refuse.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims 4 is going to be off-line single player
    6adMCGP.gif
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    EVERYTHING.

Do some investigation into how EA released Sim City - how they implied it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread and released an essentially broken game to the players at exorbitant cost and then blew off the glitches and problems. How those players cannot even play the game unless they have a dedicated origin connection the entire time they are playing it (ie they can NOT play it as a true off line game). In addition, in order to do anything at all (build the majority of the buildings or progress in the single player game), they immediately have to buy more and more and more overpriced store content.

EA has made statements that the Sim City model IS the model after which they release future titles.

I refuse to spend money on that. I absolutely refuse.

Q: Will there be an online component for The Sims 4?
    A:There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It’s up to the player to choose how they want to play.

Q: Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection?
    A: You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.
    edited May 2013
    They said the same thing about Sim City.
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    let me share the single greatest truth about the world: video gamers are the whiniest, most self-absorbed, self-entitled people on the face of the earth.

a portion of EA's problems is not EA at all, but the gamers.

I see this issue play out with alot of video game companies.

I remeber getting sick of someone ranting about KRU Interactive's support system, saying it was too slow. I never had that problem, so I asked them what their issue was that they were submitting a support ticket, then told them to send me when they write the next time they want to submit a ticket, and hold it back. it was whiny to the point of being abusive. I rewrote it, removed all the snark, and had them send it. 20 minutes later, they had a full responce, and their problem was solved.

I have found alot of what EA complaints entail never happens to me. I get responces in a prompt, courteous manner, because no matter how frustrated I am, my submissions are courteous, because I know for a fact that video game companies have to deal with alot of, as already noted, Whiny, self-absorbed, self-entitled crap.
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:

No. They said from the beginning you'd need an online connection.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    I won't dispute that this hasn't happened. I agree that EA has a strong reputation of abuse of it's players from a corporate stand point. It's your right as a player to refuse to buy the game as well.

I certainly know that this happens to the Mac people with sims 3 alone. However let's give the dev team for sims 4 a chance. They've been working on the series for years. They increased the size of the staff that had been working on it. They're making ammends as you noticed in the voice chat on simsvip that the game is going to be geared towards fans and making sure Sims is a good experience for them.

I'm not sure what that means by fixing content that comes out or bugs and that's going to have to be a wait and see. From the looks of it our developers really want to try. The least we can do is give them a chance. That's all im saying.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread is plain rude! >_<

EA and Maxis OBVIOUSLY worked hard to please us. Offline single player (local saves and no internet required), giving us everything in Sims we want and working hard on interacting with community through selected few.

Sure, they made mistakes in past, but not when it comes to Sims!

And this has nothing to do with Sims 4... :|
    edited May 2013
    When you find they do the same thing to us as they did to the people who bought Sim City - you will sing a different tune.

Until such time as EA proves it's not going to screw us - I refuse to spend my money on this product.

Sadly, too many EA customers act like lemmings. It is far and way past time for EA to get the wake up call that Sony did in 2004 - when they discovered that putting out broken games and treating customers as their ENTITLEMENT and their customers money as their RIGHT just because they released a title was erroneous thinking.

They will not change their customer service practices (putting out games that are FINISHED, supporting those games by FIXING bugs and glitches in a timely manner, and being honest about how those games are FUNCTION) until it is demanded by customer upon pain of loosing money.
  • VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited May 2013
    I had a whole rant that I was going to type, but I just decided that I would just say this. Wow, OP. Wow. :shock: :thumbdown:
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread is plain rude! >_<

EA and Maxis OBVIOUSLY worked hard to please us. Offline single player (local saves and no internet required), giving us everything in Sims we want and working hard on interacting with community through selected few.

Sure, they made mistakes in past, but not when it comes to Sims!

And this has nothing to do with Sims 4... :|

^^This^^
  • Cali3234Cali3234 Posts: 168 Member
    edited May 2013
    this rant is rude and boring....
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    No they never say that...

The Sims 4 sounds like it will be better than Sims 3 this far and we haven't even got a trailer or in-game screenshots yet lol

Im super stooked for The Sims 4 and think it will be very promising and much better than The Sims 3.

And also, EA have won this "Golden ****" award because of the ending in Mass Effect 3 and because they support gay rights. I wouldn't say that EA are terrible, there is much more terrible and "evil" companies out there!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    When you find they do the same thing to us as they did to the people who bought Sim City - you will sing a different tune.

Several people have already proven you wrong on this but if you want to be stubborn, go right on ahead.
    Now I know EA has been a crap-bot when it comes to SimCity and some other games, but instead of going on an uninformed petty rant, read some of the info that they have given over TS4, and THEN come and say whatever you want. As of right now you're acting like a child that has had his toy taken away.
    simsvip.com
  • emomieemomie Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Then don't buy the game. People seem to think EA is forcing them to hand over money. You have control over your own purchases. If you don't agree with a company, then don't buy their products. It really is as simple as that. You don't have to rain on the parade of people who are genuinely excited about the game.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:

Until such time as EA proves it's not going to screw us - I refuse to spend my money on this product.

Sadly, too many EA customers act like lemmings. It is far and way past time for EA to get the wake up call that Sony did in 2004 - when they discovered that putting out broken games and treating customers as their ENTITLEMENT and their customers money as their RIGHT just because they released a title was erroneous thinking.

They will not change their customer service practices (putting out games that are FINISHED, supporting those games by FIXING bugs and glitches in a timely manner, and being honest about how those games are FUNCTION) until it is demanded by customer upon pain of loosing money.

Excuse me but lemmings. Not everyone has a terrible experience playing the sims. No one here is saying that the experience is always great but many of us do have customer satisfaction and have enjoyed the sims. Even then they've tried to work with us given the situation sims 3 was left with. Now it's chance to start anew and really see what the group of developers can do with a new set up.

It's not even online, like the fans had wanted. So there is your start they started listening to us. What is a timely manner for bugs and glitches exactly. Two weeks, a year, three years etc. There is no chance on that some things can be fixed right away somethings cant ever be fixed. Especially if you've got a botched system to start with, the person to blame for that jumped ship on the sims 3 a long time ago.

Insulting the playerbase and the dev's is going to get us nowhere. Work together than. What have you done that helps in getting bugs fixed. Have you reported them in the threads or made usb save and explain the bug and mailed it in? Along with your computer information. How about offering a suggestion like can you do a playerbase beta testing team that tests the game for bugs before release so they can be worked on and fixed ahead of time. It's called working together games succeed and operate better when both playerbase and dev work together not oppose each other.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    mikitta47 wrote:
    No they never say that...

The Sims 4 sounds like it will be better than Sims 3 this far and we haven't even got a trailer or in-game screenshots yet lol

Im super stooked for The Sims 4 and think it will be very promising and much better than The Sims 3.

And also, EA have won this "Golden ****" award because of the ending in Mass Effect 3 and because they support gay rights. I wouldn't say that EA are terrible, there is much more terrible and "evil" companies out there!

I did not know this about EA. Thanks for the heads up. Now that I do I will not only buy everything sims 4, but all my little nieces are getting copies of Sims 3 for their B-day. :D
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited May 2013
    To be fair...EA lied to the mac users and told them that Ts3 was completely compatible with mac and gave them a more or less an unplayable game. So mac users should definetely take everything with a pinch of salt onwards.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    I won't dispute that this hasn't happened. I agree that EA has a strong reputation of abuse of it's players from a corporate stand point. It's your right as a player to refuse to buy the game as well.

I certainly know that this happens to the Mac people with sims 3 alone. However let's give the dev team for sims 4 a chance. They've been working on the series for years. They increased the size of the staff that had been working on it. They're making ammends as you noticed in the voice chat on simsvip that the game is going to be geared towards fans and making sure Sims is a good experience for them.

I'm not sure what that means by fixing content that comes out or bugs and that's going to have to be a wait and see. From the looks of it our developers really want to try. The least we can do is give them a chance. That's all im saying.

I'm a Mac person who was forced to install Win7 on a Boot Camp partition in order to play, when on an install I got an "unknown error" and no one could help me figure out how to solve it. I will not be buying Sims 4 unless we get a Mac native version along with the Windows version -- the fact that they're doing a Mac native version of SimCity gives me hope that they've seen the failings with the Cider emulation system when it comes to complex graphic games like The Sims series. (With Sims 1 and 2, Maxis contracted with an outside firm, Aspyr, to port the games from PC to Mac; we had to wait an extra 6 months for packs and never got the last 2 Sims 2 packs nor most of the stuff packs, but at least the games came with the bugs squashed.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RuvieBRuvieB Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I find it insulting that some of you feel like those of us who have complaints for valid reasons, such as not being able to play a game that was paid for, are simply whining. I'm a mac user and I've bought most of the sims 3 expansions except for supernatural. Since installing Seasons the sims 3 has not worked. Although I've had some glitchy issues with TS3 prior to installing Seasons, my game was at least functioning enough for me to play it. But for months now I have not been able to play a game that I've paid for, and I have a problem with that. And I have absolutely every right to.

No one had to twist my arm to buy the game. But why would they have? Prior to Seasons, I enjoyed playing the sims3. If I'd known that I wouldn't be able to play after Seasons, I wouldn't have bought Seasons. But as you might have guessed, I'm not a psychic. Shoot! It gets even better when before you can even play the last expansion you've bought, another one comes out. Yay?

But excuse me for being rude and self-absorbed about issue that affects me. I honestly don't understand why any of you would have a problem with someone being upset about an issue that they are having just because you haven't experienced it. I truly wish that could be explained to me, the OP, and all of the mac users in the mac discussion forum who have been complaining for months and months and months.

And as for what any of this or what the OP stated has to do with TS4? It's really upsetting when you're being asked to spend more money on TS4 when you have an issue that's been unresolved with no sight of resolution for TS3. It's great that they've moved on from TS3, but I have money that's been wasted and I think as a customer I deserve a functioning product before you start asking me to buy more. But I guess I'm just being rude and expecting a lot...perhaps too much. Ah well. Good day.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    No they didn't. It was known from day 1 that SimCity would have forced online functionality.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    And also, EA have won this "Golden ****" award because of the ending in Mass Effect 3 and because they support gay rights.

What an utter load of crap.
    EA won the award because of appalling customer service, flawed, and sub-standard games that it puts forward as "a finished product" ,the way they fleece you for every cent possible, forcing their users to have questionable software like Origin running on their PC's, and lets not forget the "always online" DRM, which, they claim is not actually DRM at all, but is.

That said... these stupid decisions are made by boards and management, not developers. I have always believed the dev's do what they can within the time they're given, and I also believe they're hellishly pushed for time. I think that they do the best they can with what they have, and that they people who actually create these games for us don't deserve to work under the shadow of such an "Award" but, marketing decisions, PR, and whatnot from their board with its 🐸🐸🐸🐸 decisions, often do.

Also how is the criminal career bugged? I've never had issue with it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed with OP. EA deserve the title of worst company in the US. Their attitude stinks and their customer relations are dreadful.

They should be avoiding refreshing franchises for the time being. The Sims 4 shouldn't be released until they sack the lot of the developers from The Sims 3 or get them to up the anté and actually create a decent game that works. If they have to make a Sims 4, for God's sake bring back real community lots. Walking into an object and being spoon fed what is happening inside was not worth the £30 I paid for a boring game.
    Pary wrote:
    SimsTias wrote:
    And also, EA have won this "Golden ****" award because of the ending in Mass Effect 3 and because they support gay rights.

What an utter load of crap.
    EA won the award because of appalling customer service, flawed, and sub-standard games that it puts forward as "a finished product" ,the way they fleece you for every cent possible, forcing their users to have questionable software like Origin running on their PC's, and lets not forget the "always online" DRM, which, they claim is not actually DRM at all, but is.

That said... these stupid decisions are made by boards and management, not developers. I have always believed the dev's do what they can within the time they're given, and I also believe they're hellishly pushed for time. I think that they do the best they can with what they have, and that they people who actually create these games for us don't deserve to work under the shadow of such an "Award" but, marketing decisions, PR, and whatnot from their board with its 🐸🐸🐸🐸 decisions, often do.

Also how is the criminal career bugged? I've never had issue with it.

Here here! (to the bit in bold). If more people boycott EA they might actually learn a thing or two. It will either kill or cure. If it kills EA, then whoever buys up The Sims franchise might actually do it justice OR EA will develop a game in keeping with the fun of the game.
  • littlemissleolittlemissleo Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited May 2013
    For those who think that EA can do wrong and is being unfairly targeted, spend a pretty penny on a brand new, top-of-the-line mac and tell me that it plays the sims as well as a 4-year old average windows computer. Then tell me that this isn't false advertising, and it's definitely the user's fault. You people have never been on the mac/technical forums. Mac users have been literally ignored since seasons was released. We haven't got a SINGLE guru to respond. For six months! Not to mention all of the other bugs that some other windows users are experiencing.

And I hope that EA enjoys their second title in a row. I helped contribute to that :wink: