Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Information you need to know about the Tudor Set......VERY IMPORTANT

Comments

• christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am onto live chat again as I am typing this, and it has been put forward and the development team has been made aware of the issue, because it is one. be back in a few, still talking just wanted to give an update on what they are saying to me now.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2013
    Could you post the script of what they are saying ? Very curious on this one.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2013
    And escalated as well. I sent the picture to them and it seems it is a problem.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited May 2013
    And escalated as well. I sent the picture to them and it seems it is a problem.

I wonder why its only effecting some people.
    My dress doesn't come with gloves.This is indeed odd, and if CC is gonna be attached to EA items in the store, this is gonna be a big issue.I would hope EA members wouldn't have third party content on their games or at least on the games they work on.
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    You know when you pick outfits and you have to pick a picture? (In create a sim) Does that dress show it with gloves too?

edited May 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Could you post the script of what they are saying ? Very curious on this one.

I am sorry I just asked them if i can do that and it will break the rules of privacy. So I can't but I can assure you that it is a problem.

As for that other CC, yep i am glad it is probably gone now with a new game install. It is done and I can start fresh. But this Tudor set had something the day it was either released or when it was downloaded. Either way it should not have happened.

It was a fresh game, with only Tudor set used on my sims, and uploaded. I never messed with clothes or anything until after I uploaded her.

There was no placed lots, nothing at all but a fresh new game with newly created sims clothed with the Tudor set. Last night before I lost everything and was trying every dress on, none had gloves but this one dress that I had to use the supernatural skin to stop the gloves from sticking. Then it would change to anything.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I checked the sim and the only pic it show with the gloves is in outerwear so its using the cc nails as gloves it is cc not EA stuff
    edited May 2013
    You know when you pick outfits and you have to pick a picture? (In create a sim) Does that dress show it with gloves too?

yes it does, the picture on the first page shows my sims with gloves.

But i had to remove them with the supernatural skin, they come with the expansion pack and was the only way to change them. Then they wouldn't change back and I knew something was going wrong with the outfit.

Anthony shows no cc at all, but as a couple they do. And it was a fresh game with only Tudor stuff used, the hair I will have to find out where I got that, I have so much store content, but have used the Live love and laugh hair stuff on Elina barbie.

With Bethany's hair I will have to look that one up, i can't remember but I do know its store content as well. No CC skins or hair are ever used in my sims. just store content.

FEvr1sR.gif
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Do you delete the 5 cache files before starting up each game?
    (Excuse me if these have already been answered)

And no, I didn't mean on your sim - I meant the bar on the left with all the clothing options on - does the dress show in there with gloves or without gloves? :-)
    edited May 2013
    I checked the sim and the only pic it show with the gloves is in outerwear so its using the cc nails as gloves it is cc not EA stuff

I was just told that this will come up as CC but is a EA problem, it has been put forward again, this time escalated. They know this thread exists too, and also know the damage this one CC attachment did.
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    Do you still have the tudor set file from when you first downloaded it or did you redownload it ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Do you still have the tudor set file from when you first downloaded it or did you redownload it ?

The Tudor set file was the first download, and only one. And I haven't re downloaded it yet, I just got my game back fresh. It was un usable in the end. I was advised to re install the base game, which i have and it's just finished with the updates and stuff.

There were over 2gigs in downloads to do.

I estimate that I have lost around 8 gig of saved games. Even the back up file I did a couple of months ago on my desktop is invalid. I had hoped last night I might of been able to save my legacy, but after seeing that everything became a nonexistent path and the error code that came with it, Technical live chat confirmed I lost everything.

Seriously if this was my fault i would tell you all, i would admit to downloading from the exchange but i dont go near there for anything extra for my game or sims.

I always buy store content only, and this new cc was a shocker. The other ones must be nothing compared to that. I did removal of cc from my computer like any other time, but this time there were bad results. And these gloves are linked to it. I sent a picture to them so hopefully they will be able to fix up why this glove thing has attached itself.

But my game and computer are clean of cc now, at least thats a plus.

And as for Elina barbie, OMG i am curious now as to why there is something in her. I know I used the live laugh love hair and fair folk attire, the shoes were a base game shoe, or maybe late night EP. I will check soon. But I know they were not exchange shoes, OMG how weird! O.O :shock: :shock:

FEvr1sR.gif
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    yeh it just that what happened is that when the CC showed up as CC on custard it gives you a file name. Well I took that file name down and tracked it and deleted where I found it, like I have in the past, this has never happened before.

When I deleted that one file, it sent an invalid path to the rest of my game, including saves, everything. Lost the whole lot and had empty boxes where my games should be. The save files said the names of my saves, but each one was invalid, it was gone. I then tried to retrieve from an old save I had, but that too was rendered invalid. EA told me that this has happened because of this problem.

I am glad to know everyone so far is good. :)

Christine dear, this really sucks that ea would allow this to happen to anyone, but have you tried doing a system restore of your pc to an earlier time? It will cause you to lose a few days or weeks of gameplay depending on the last time Java updated, but at least you would have your legacy family back again. Let me know if this works ok?

edit:(sp) :oops:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also this should of been posted in the store technical forum not in gg as it dosent really ahve anything to do with the gifting forum.
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also this should of been posted in the store technical forum not in gg as it dosent really ahve anything to do with the gifting forum.

Hon we all know just how "helpless" it is to post anything in the tech section :evil: :roll: We are talking ea here :roll: :twisted:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    edited May 2013
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    yeh it just that what happened is that when the CC showed up as CC on custard it gives you a file name. Well I took that file name down and tracked it and deleted where I found it, like I have in the past, this has never happened before.

When I deleted that one file, it sent an invalid path to the rest of my game, including saves, everything. Lost the whole lot and had empty boxes where my games should be. The save files said the names of my saves, but each one was invalid, it was gone. I then tried to retrieve from an old save I had, but that too was rendered invalid. EA told me that this has happened because of this problem.

I am glad to know everyone so far is good. :)

Christine dear, this really sucks that ea would allow this to happen to anyone, but have you tried doing a system restore of your pc to an earlier time? It will cause you to lose a few days or weeks of gameplay depending on the last time Java updated, but at least you would have your legacy family back again. Let me know if this works ok?

edit:(sp) :oops:

Terry OMG that is a great idea, that might work!! I don't mind losing some work, i have lost it all anyway, but to even get them back would be so awesome, then I can save them and make sure they are cc free and upload each one!! Thank you so much for that idea, I hadn't thought of that! :D I will let you know as soon as I have done it. :)

Thank you for your help! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    TnT_Terry wrote:

Hon we all know just how "helpless" it is to post anything in the tech section :evil: :roll: We are talking ea here :roll: :twisted:

Yes I was advised to post here considering the contests held and stuff. There are more people here and can be made aware quicker. Plus a friend has made a post somewhere else with the link to this thread. I will ask her where when she gets online. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    If you still have the tudor set as you originally downloaded it, I would advise to look at the set file with custard if you can find the 0x93 file in there. That would be an indication how it got in your game.

The name of the file is MedievalSET.Sims3Pack

I do believe you that the glove/nails mess up your game but I'm not sure how it could be coming with a Store set.
    AHQ Tutorial

• HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited May 2013
    I checked my Duchess dress and it doesn't seem to be coming with gloves, so I also think you must have picked up the gloves/nails from somewhere else.

screenshot_original.jpg

However, there are 3 EA dresses which show up as CC for me, something I have never seen before. They are all from the Live, Love, Laugh set, and I see them both with the store icon and the custom icon (pics below). I bought them a few weeks ago when I came back, and I had just done a fresh install right before. I don't have CC in my game anyway, but at that time, it would have been impossible for any to have sneaked in my game since I had only downloaded from my purchase history.

Is that also the case for you with the Duchess dress, i.e. does it show up with a CC icon? I haven't tried uploading them yet, so I'm not sure if Custard would consider them CC.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
    edited May 2013
    That is even package file cc.

Could you export and upload a Sim ? Would be curious to see what custard says.

So you have no custom Sims or mods folder in your game ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2013
    @HessethRan
    mine do that when I use cheats to alow hitten outfits....

@christinebremner
    sorry it is a problem for you, but the custard scan shows that some how you gotten cc in your game, some cc is so sticky that even deleting it and the game and reinstalling and it is still there.... I had that problem and that is the main reason I stoped using cc. it took me 2 months to find the file name and delete it totally. so if you ever used cc or downloaded from the exchange in the time you played sims, this might be the reason.

I'm amazed CS said you couldn't post the chat here, I have always gotten an ok to do that when asked, only restriction remove personal info!

it saddens me that you seem to not take the advice of those use to dealing with this sort of stuf, use to fixing things that CS normally don't can or will. and that you seem to ignor what others can see if it doesn't suit you.
    I'm not saying EA stuff can't be corrupted, it can and it can be buggy, but as no one ells seems to have that problem it is likely it is in your computer and is cc (also considering we can see it in the custard scans)

The picture of the dress people asked you about is like the one HessethRan posted, showing the list of clothes!

about where this subject belongs, I have to agree it belong in the forum discussing store items so "store general" or "store teqnical" even if it is relevant to many here.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    [...]
    I would check on the dbc file in your DCCache folder. If it's bigger then 1 KB, you have cc in your game.
    [...]

What? :shock: My .dbc file is 272 KB big and I was sure I didn't have CC in my game. :? Any advise on how to check my whole game for CC?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    edited May 2013
    @Erja888: It might be just patterns or worlds if you have. You can just remove the dbc files and then all custom content is gone.
    AHQ Tutorial

• SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited May 2013
    Okay, the CC store items issue. For some reason, some clothing released with the newer store sets show as CC when it is uploaded because the exchange isn't able to read what type of clothing it is. I have a thread about this in the store forum. The known issue is not that CC is attaching, so I think someone somewhere is confused. Sims wearing the newer clothing can be uploaded, and it's a 50/50 shot if it will say CC or not due to those clothing items. If you try to just upload the recolor, the upload is successful, but the items won't appear in studio as the Exchange/Studio can't categorize the item. I have pictures of the phenomenon.

Exchangeproblem2_zps905205e1.png

Exchangeproblem_zps42e04941.png

Link to thread in Store Forum

@Hesseth, mine appear that way from the Live, Laugh, Love set as well. Same issue about uploading recolors.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2013
    Could you link your thread. This is the first that makes sense too me. The Exchange is just a mess.
    AHQ Tutorial