Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Information you need to know about the Tudor Set......VERY IMPORTANT

Hi everyone. Well I am total shock after what has happened to my game. I bought the Tudor Set when it first came out and hadn't used it until recently to make some sims for a contest. It came up as CC and couldn't understand why because I don't download from the exchange, I have store content ONLY so how could this be?

One the of dresses, the Queens dress from memory, because I have not gone back into my game after the disaster this has caused me. The gloves are actually part of the set, and even though it is not corrupted CC, it is CC nevertheless and even when trying to make her hands naked (without gloves) can only do that with supernatural stuff, well with this particular one anyway. It is the only dress that has gloves, so I changed her outfit as well, and saved her to the bin again. But another custard check showed it was still there, but I knew that it was part of that dress. So I did what I have done many times before if there is some sort of CC I searched with that one file. It picked it up and I set about deleting it as it was in many parts of the computer. ONE FILE: equals deletion of everything for me. I lost in total 8 saved games and 15 sims in total.

Here is the picture of the dress and the gloves. If I am wrong on the name of the dress please correct me as I am pretty upset.

screenshot_original.jpg

These gloves come up with this dress for me everytime. They are not bad CC but can cause problems if entering contests or actually trying to delete them. :(

This is what caused me to lose everything. EA advised me to make a thread to warn you all. Please don't let this happen to you :(

I will be posting more pictures soon, I am still sorting my game out. But have lost a legacy family, 8 months old. I adored my first ever fairy sim, I started with just her and built and empire of a loving evil devoted supernatural family, with lots of drama's, I even started a story about them in the supernatural thread many months ago. It was about Eternally faithful moodlet.

Okay I have started this post up and the picture is there. It isn't coming up red *corrupted* CC but is CC. But because of the fault it somehow cause to wipe everything.

I can recover 5 sims from the exchange i am grateful for that. But LOLA is lost forever, I never got a chance because 1. I didn't realize sims could be done, thats how thick I used to be with everything. and 2. I was pre occupied building them a mansion, building so many other things that I never got around to uploading them all to the exchange :( RIP Lola magic household. I was even thinking to myself the day I entered the contest, oh i better upload Lola before I forget, then it all happened so quickly. :(
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• 7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    That appears to be the Arch Duchess dress. Though the photos in tudor of tudors does not show the dress with gloves. This is one of the dresses I have NOT used (And now don't intend to try it out to see if it has gloves for me just in case LOL) It is definitely not the Queens dress as it has a very high collar and looks far different than the others.
  • ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ugh!! I am sooo sorry this happened to you christi-bear!! It's really stupid how EA tells you to make this thread but does nothing for the loss of all your play time!! They should be a bit better about how they respond to affected individuals! :( *big hugs* I hope you manage to recover more of your sims!! D:
  • Imeffinawesome92Imeffinawesome92 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. I lost so many families over the years I feel your pain.

But EA, what the heck guys? This isn't acceptable one bit. People play this game to relieve stress, you add things to the store for us to enjoy
    There is no reason this should have happened am if I remember correctly from your post they said it was a known bug.

This set has been out long enough that the bug hours have been fixed if it was this bad before releasing the gambling set. It's irresponsible on their part.

This really sucks, I'm sad/angry for you :(

On a bright note I love EAs customer service:)
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    That appears to be the Arch Duchess dress. Though the photos in tudor of tudors does not show the dress with gloves. This is one of the dresses I have NOT used (And now don't intend to try it out to see if it has gloves for me just in case LOL) It is definitely not the Queens dress as it has a very high collar and looks far different than the others.

YUP you are totally right, I have had a look too now I got my thoughts together a bit better, this threw me like you wouldn't believe!! and OMG it doesn't show gloves!!! grrrr

http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/skins/afBodyTudorGarden/Thumbnail_200x200.png
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    Thumbnail_200x200.png

See? There is the bug right there!! EA sort this now!! I am furious, looks like it's not even meant to have gloves at all! :( :evil: :evil:
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • 7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I looked at mine in game and mine don't have gloves... Not sure what happened with yours
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's odd, mine doesn't have gloves and when scanned with Custard the sim is clean. :shock:
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried running it through Delphy's Dashboard...not sure if that is the right name. I used it to fix the broken dress a while back. I will go look and be right back.

Edit: It is called Compressorizor Redux and is available on More Awesome than You. It fixed the Flute Forward dress that was broken forever and wasn't getting attention from EA. I don't know that anyone ever had THIS happen to them, but...since you already lost everything, downloading it couldn't hurt.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2013
    Eek, you deleted your sim file.:/ Ouch, I did that last month.I'm sorry.
    edited May 2013
    Well the weird thing is, in my saves file, it says every single game is there. But it isn't, EA explain that something has happened with this CC to make it literally wipe it all. I mean I go into the game menu, all I see is boxes with empty house and dotted houses at that. I click on one of them and it says...A serious error has occurred trying to Load (associated file). It is seriously advise you close down your application immediately. :(

Thats what the error is, and the gloves are linked to it. :( EA comfirmed this.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • omjolley42omjolley42 Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the warning! So sorry about your sims. :cry: I would cry forever if I lost some of mine. I guess I will be avoiding that dress!
    edited May 2013
    Well the weird thing is, in my saves file, it says every single game is there. But it isn't, EA explain that something has happened with this CC to make it literally wipe it all. I mean I go into the game menu, all I see is boxes with empty house and dotted houses at that. I click on one of them and it says...A serious error has occurred trying to Load (associated file). It is seriously advise you close down your application immediately. :(

I just ran the dress through "decrapify" and installed it. Backed up all of my saves first so no worries. Also, I am running a vanilla game so if I have to install it's no biggie. I will let you know what happens when I start up my game.
    edited May 2013

I just ran the dress through "decrapify" and installed it. Backed up all of my saves first so no worries. Also, I am running a vanilla game so if I have to install it's no biggie. I will let you know what happens when I start up my game.

Screenshot-45_zpsa5482d25.jpg
    Agnes wasn't very happy with me...I drug her out of bed for this.

Screenshot-46_zpsb7894b20.jpg
    First things first--I made her get dressed in her everyday outfit.

Screenshot-48_zps2923f4f3.jpg
    Then I made her put on the dress as an everyday outfit. Looks fine here--though different than the one you show in CAS...maybe the Decrapifier fixed it?

Screenshot-47_zpsf59155f2.jpg
    Yes, I know. Looks like the same photo, but it isn't. This is Agnes wearing the outfit as a formal.

I didn't have any problems loading my save, household, etc. I am so sorry this happened to you, though.

For everyone else, download the Decrapify tool from More Awesome than You and download this dress as a separate item. (You should probably download the entire set as separate items to prevent the broken copy from getting in your game, or drag/drop the set.) Then open your browser and do the install.
    edited May 2013
    yeh it just that what happened is that when the CC showed up as CC on custard it gives you a file name. Well I took that file name down and tracked it and deleted where I found it, like I have in the past, this has never happened before.

When I deleted that one file, it sent an invalid path to the rest of my game, including saves, everything. Lost the whole lot and had empty boxes where my games should be. The save files said the names of my saves, but each one was invalid, it was gone. I then tried to retrieve from an old save I had, but that too was rendered invalid. EA told me that this has happened because of this problem.

I am glad to know everyone so far is good. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    yeh it just that what happened is that when the CC showed up as CC on custard it gives you a file name. Well I took that file name down and tracked it and deleted where I found it, like I have in the past, this has never happened before.

When I deleted that one file, it sent an invalid path to the rest of my game, including saves, everything. Lost the whole lot and had empty boxes where my games should be. The save files said the names of my saves, but each one was invalid, it was gone. I then tried to retrieve from an old save I had, but that too was rendered invalid. EA told me that this has happened because of this problem.

So is the problem that the item is actually corrupt? Or is the problem that you deleted a file that shouldn't have been deleted?
    edited May 2013

So is the problem that the item is actually corrupt? Or is the problem that you deleted a file that shouldn't have been deleted?

EA have told me twice now that the set contained a bug and yes it will show as CC. Because of this problem, because i don't know if its meant to have gloves or what. These gloves come up on custard as CC but not corrupted CC. because I entered a contest I had to remove the CC, so I removed the one file from my computer. But it seems these gloves were never meant to be there anyway, so it cause havoc on my game when I did delete it. EA told me that because of the file that clung on there got deleted it sent an invalid path to my whole game. So anything to do with saves was completely wiped out.

They also told me to make the thread to let people know of the bug. They are aware.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    This one has me stumped. I feel bad for you loosing everything but, I have the dress and, it's fine, YA or Adult, formal or everyday.

It is just as it's pictured, no gloves. it recolors fine and, gloves can be put on or removed with it.

Maybe it's the dress in combination with other cc that does that?

I did not decrapify or even check it for corruption, simply purchased it and okayed the download, then installed it just as it comes form the store.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited May 2013
    This one has me stumped. I feel bad for you loosing everything but, I have the dress and, it's fine, YA or Adult, formal or everyday.

It is just as it's pictured, no gloves. it recolors fine and, gloves can be put on or removed with it.

I did not decrapify or even check it for corruption, simply purchased it and okayed the download, then installed it just as it comes form the store.

Did you download the Tudor Set or just the dress. Cause it may be a bug that affects the set, Rather then the individual dress. I have yet to try the dress.
  • silvergreenmoonsilvergreenmoon Posts: 621 New Member
    edited May 2013

I don't have the gloves on mine.I checked. :shock:
    I downloaded the set.
    edited May 2013

Did you download the Tudor Set or just the dress. Cause it may be a bug that affects the set, Rather then the individual dress. I have yet to try the dress.

I just downloaded the set to check it and run it through decrapify. It doesn't show as having any CC or anything corrupt with Custard--either before or after decrapify. I installed it and it looked like everything was fine...except...

...when I went into the game the only item from the set that was there was the dress. (Which I had downloaded separately.) NOTHING else from the set is there, either in CAS or buy/build mode. So whatever is wrong, it is the entire set.

I haven't checked all of the individual items yet, and that will have to wait until tomorrow. I have to be up in 6 hours, and was ready for be 3 hours ago...
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried running it through Delphy's Dashboard...not sure if that is the right name. I used it to fix the broken dress a while back. I will go look and be right back.

Edit: It is called Compressorizor Redux and is available on More Awesome than You. It fixed the Flute Forward dress that was broken forever and wasn't getting attention from EA. I don't know that anyone ever had THIS happen to them, but...since you already lost everything, downloading it couldn't hurt.

You should never advice anyone to decrapify stuff, it can ruin your game and makes ea stuff read as being illegal so if they upload anything to the exchange with decrapified items included the items will be marked as pirated.

As for the glvoes, I have used the whole set on many sims and have had no problems with it, are you sure you ahve not downlaoded some bad cc from the exchange or could you of put that dress on her in outdoor wear where the game automatically adds a pair of gloves to the outfit?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2013
    Is Bethany Horgate the Sim you're talking about ? That Sim does have gloves showing in custard but they are actually nails (NataliS teen long nails 001 FT) which IS custom content. Not sure if that's the Sim your talking about but you do seem to have cc in your game.

EDIT: I also checked Elina Barbie (Fairy) and they have cc shoes.

If you go to your DCCache folder, how big is the *.dbc file ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2013
    No as I have said, I NEVER download from the exchange, I dont download shoes or anything like that, anything I use is from sets or clothing sets.

This clothing was with the set, but never had a issue until then. I never used items from the exchange, especially clothes etc

I checked everything and there nothing in those files they are empty.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Your castle also contains cc, you must of got cc from somewhere maybe from another site as the castle contains items from TSR, so does your family mansion
    edited May 2013
    I have a fresh game now, everything is new, and have to download store content again. I am not going to download it yet.

It came up for me CAS (gloves) it didn't say anything else, apart from the file number. When I told EA of this, they said its a bug in the set because i got that set nearly straight after its release plus gifted a couple too. It shouldn't contain CC, they told me to make this thread just in case it happens to someone else. It is a friendly warning about the set. And I WILL clarify that the reason why I lost my saves is because this CC file made my save paths invalid. I don't know how, but it is CC so like a virus can OBVIOUSLY do damage.
    FEvr1sR.gif