Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coventry: A New England World. I'[M BACK!! Pg 4

KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hey everyone!

So this is my first world ever! I would love to know what you think about it. It is based on the arbors in and around New England, especially Portsmouth. Please keep in mind it is still a super WIP so it is no where near finished, I just wanted to add some homes in to see if I could catch the feel of New England! Thank you so much for your comments!

Here was one of the first images (notice the red shutters, they are there, but not in the other pictures!:
coventry1_zpsaea753fd.jpg

8_zpsf591200f.jpg

7_zpsecb46c93.jpg

6_zpsb94eab5c.jpg

5_zps0d4d617b.jpg

4_zps3e220444.jpg

3_zps863d3f46.jpg

2_zps2f6d3a94.jpg
Post edited by KOman123 on

Comments

• doublemedion694doublemedion694 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Looking very promising so far, I say :D Nice and atmospheric already!
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's gorgeous. :shock: I love how close-knit the houses are. :D
  • AthenaiaAthenaia Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    It looks really good :) I can't waint :)
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This is looking great so far!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    A world by KOman? *Squees like a giddy schoolgirl* :XD:

I do have to say though, please don't make this world UNBELIEVABLY detailed, or my computer will never be able to run this world.

I love what you've done. I'm very excited to see this unfold.
  • ZoeeeeZoeeee Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    ahhh so cute! love it :)
  • KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock: wow! Thank you everyone for your comments! I am really glad you like it. I am running a bit late today so before I jet set, I will leave you guys with a few pics, I have been working on the houses in Coventry, exteriors mostly :oops: I hope you like it! (Pardon the graphics, I was taking these in CAW)

Screenshot-56-3_zpsa1db3573.jpg

Screenshot-54-4_zps85b72201.jpg

Screenshot-58-3_zps37e47383.jpg

Screenshot-60-3_zps3a846901.jpg
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2013
    Your houses are stunning. :shock: I particularly love the last one, it's so detailed and the architecture is incredible.

One minor thing: I noticed a road tear on the left of this house, and the lot itself appears to have a tear too.
    Screenshot-56-3_zpsa1db3573.jpg

• ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited May 2013
    It looks incredible :D I really love the fact that the houses are close together. That was always a peeve with me in the game, lots couldn't be close together. I live in a town where the houses and community lots are packed together and I feel like the game becomes less realistic when the lots are spaced so far apart. I can't wait to see more.

Question, are you going to be adding lots from other EPs? Like bars, lounges, coffee shops, comic book stores, etc.
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2013

I agree on the builds, they are excellent :D. I just finished Salem, MA, it's on the Exchange, but I can't say my builds were this good :(

• SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love your building style. Bookmarking.
  • jackaford1986jackaford1986 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Awesome houses!Can't wait to see this world finished, you have done an excellent job capturing the spirit of New England
  • WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel like New England is only pretty in some locations for the leaf peepers, hikers and photographers only. The rest of us New Englanders: The place isn't really anything special. xD But great job!
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a really beautiful start to the world! love it! please fix the road and lot tear :)
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2013
    Your houses are really stunning. Looking forward to seeing more
  • KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone! So I have been working a bit on Coventry. I have started the more "upscale" side of the world, this is where all of the mansions are going to be.

But first: a tentative release pic!

Screenshot-76_zpsc7c351c2.png

Here is one of the houses, its like my other one except this one is about 2-3 times bigger, a fun fact, this is currently the largest lot in the world, sitting at the enormous size of... 20x20 hahaha. Enjoy

Screenshot-70-1_zpsd98b45af.jpg

Screenshot-72_zps81cb5b3a.jpg

Screenshot-76_zps3472c2ac.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Gorgeous and the trees, I love when worlds have lots of trees.
  • BeatlesFan789BeatlesFan789 Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    The world looks phenomenal so far! You're really great at building houses and I can't wait to download this world. Unfortunately, I only have the base game, Pets, and Riverview. :?
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2013
    It looks amazing with the cloudy/dark weather! Your houses are so beautiful, great job :D
  • KuncisKuncis Posts: 81 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This looks really good! It's so pretty! I can't wait to see it all finished. :D
    edited May 2013
    Is there more, can we see more pictures? I'm very excited to play this world.
    edited July 2013
    Did this forum go dead? Because I've really been looking forward to playing this world.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2013
    I used to live in Connectitcut! This is looking great!
  • HLVARGAS77HLVARGAS77 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Gosh that looks lovely so far! I loved MA!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very, very nice KOman. I also like the way the streets rise up a bit at a time. But yes very New England still with a hint of Martha's VineYard in the design of the houses. Definitely loving everything I've seen so far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....