Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Predictions/Expectations/Anticipations

Hey there, Simmers! :D

So, pretty much 99% of Sim fans out there will be aware of the 'big announcement' in The Sims Series tomorrow, and unless they've decided to get way too excited about some secret Sims 3 expansion pack they decided not to tell us about until tomorrow, or if it's some other spin-off Sims RPG from another time period (The Sims: Prehistoric, anyone? LOL), I'm sure that this announcement will be the next generation game in the series: The Sims 4! (and it's kinda obvious since the domain name http://thesims4.com/en_US/home is now live) :D

So I posted this forum because I think it would be interesting to discuss people's ideas about what they would like to see in the new generation and what they expect to be included, and what they definitely don't want to see. So please respond with your thoughts. :)

Here are a few of my own ideas just from the top of my head:
1. Improved graphics, better sims detail, better looking worlds, etc.
2. A huge open world which is fully explorable with little to no rabbit holes, kinda like Grand Theft Auto but obviously keeping it teen friendly.
3. Just one single huge world, and when expansion packs are released the world gets extended instead of having a new world.
4. Lots of CAS customisation, more body sliders to define a sim's shape precisely, height slider, more hairstyle options, maybe a hair length slider (so you pick a hairstyle but then you can use the slider to pick how long or short you want it), loads of clothing options, improved Create A Style (you can select specific areas of clothing to recolour, instead of just set parts of the clothing), add or remove lots of logo options to clothing, integrate create a style with create a pattern, intelligent personality system, loads of traits to choose from, pick more than 5, lots more favourites (favourite food, music, colour, animal, film/tv genre, hobbies, etc.), more voice customisation, accents.
5. Lots of building/furnishing options, loads of different furniture, types and customisation options (like a said above about create a style), curved walls, loads of different decor, lots of skill objects instead of just one for each skill(TS3 had one easel, one guitar, etc.), lots of different staircase styles, lots of wall styles.
6. Lots more buildings for sims to use, banks (with an economy system, bills, credit card, etc.), restaurants/cafes you can go into, different businesses (clothes, sofa/bed, electronics, estate agents), loads of new jobs.
7. If EA want to be annoying and online functionality, make it optional.

I have loads of other ideas but my fingers are getting tired from typing so vigorously, so tell me some of your ideas for what The Sims 4 should be like and what you think it will end up being like. Thanks for reading! :D

P.S: I think they should call this one just 'The Sims' like with 'SimCity'.

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2013
    there's 4372894739287432987423897 threads about this under "Ideas and Feedback". this will be moved soon by a mod....
    edited May 2013
    ^ within 30 seconds of posting: moved :lol:

NEEDS MOAR TS4 THREADS
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm just curious, but where was this originally posted?
  • Philip1999Philip1999 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited May 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    there's 4372894739287432987423897 threads about this under "Ideas and Feedback". this will be moved soon by a mod....

I don't really use the forums much so I didn't know about the different sections and stuff, oh well...
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

gen disc
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

I just put it in general discussions.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited May 2013
    chool clubs: drama, chess, student council, art, etc

Ambitious-would want to get As, and if they have dramtic trait too would want to get lead role (and if evil or mean sprited might try to sabtoge the real lead's role)

Artistic-creative projects for homework and doodle in their notebooks during lunch hour

Athletic -want to do all sports no matter what the sport is. (has a chance of broken arm/leg)

Bookworm students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Clumsy- spill food/drinks on the floor, accident break objects, and with a Pets EP cause a mess of pets' water.

Daredevils- play with fire, do dangerous tricks on bikes,snowboards, skilling,etc (can have a chance of a broken leg/arm)

Dramatic students-put on plays (if there is more then one major competion)

Evil toddlers-can draw on walls

flirty sims will flirt with anyone regards wether they have BF/GF

Genius students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Hopeless romantic-want to find their one true love

Would love for more ideas for traits.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    chool clubs: drama, chess, student council, art, etc

Ambitious-would want to get As, and if they have dramtic trait too would want to get lead role (and if evil or mean sprited might try to sabtoge the real lead's role)

Artistic-creative projects for homework and doodle in their notebooks during lunch hour

Athletic -want to do all sports no matter what the sport is. (has a chance of broken arm/leg)

Bookworm students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Clumsy- spill food/drinks on the floor, accident break objects, and with a Pets EP cause a mess of pets' water.

Daredevils- play with fire, do dangerous tricks on bikes,snowboards, skilling,etc (can have a chance of a broken leg/arm)

Dramatic students-put on plays (if there is more then one major competion)

Evil toddlers-can draw on walls

flirty sims will flirt with anyone regards wether they have BF/GF

Genius students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Hopeless romantic-want to find their one true love

Would love for more ideas for traits.

I really like these, I think teens/children should be able to interact more with their particular traits, and there definitely needs to be more things to do with school, I mean, it's such a huge part of life and in TS3 your sims are just stuck in a rabbit hole... :/
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited May 2013
    Give dem hoochie mamas sum weave to pull out when fighting! :lol:
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited May 2013
    i like all your suggestions! i read a user saying he wanted the world to be like Grand Theft Auto. I personally never played that game but when to see what he was saying.. and i really see sims being like that now or some years from now. An open world, realistic, plus all the expansions that can add unrealistic things too (magic and so).

Here you got a trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Gb-XSoHjk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

THAT house and THAT beach.. man, that sure would be awesome to see.

Note: hating this idea of "online"... it's a no for me. i don't even collect those badges in ts3.

EDIT: this loos lovely awesome too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uLSQ6QcQs4 , like the trailers from Simcity Societies.. that's exactly what i imagine.
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm not that excited for Sims 4. So I heard that there were rumors of this being online. Yet, my knowledge of the Sims 4 is limited because I haven't done much searching and reading yet. But, if this were to be online, wouldn't that lose a lot of Simmers that are young? I started playing Sims when I was young, on the DS and on the computer. If Sims 3 were to be an online thing back then, I wouldn't even be allowed to play. I don't know if that's just me or a lot of kids experience this as well. But again this is just my opinion of what might happen.

I'm not expecting much for the Sims 4 but there are some things I do expect of EA. Sims 3 had experienced many glitching problems and issues with the graphics; so I'm pretty sure for the past year EA is aware of this issue and will probably plan to fix this for the upcoming Sims 4.

I've had many experiences playing MMORPG games that require you to play online with other people. Out of all my experiences with online gaming, one thing that concerns me is the lag and the servers. I'm really interested how EA is going to deal with all that lag. Also, since this might be online; the lag decreases the quality of the game, which are the graphics.

There is this game called Aion; which is an mmorpg game which is online. When you enter the Character Creation, there are a bunch (I'm saying A LOT) of sliders and options to choose from. I've noticed that the character creations in most games now a days are like the Sims which allow you to change your character's appearance. However, Sims 3 sliders did limit your abilities to change your sims appearance and body build, I'm assuming that there will be much more sliders in the Sims 4.

Many people are saying that they don't want to play online, which is their choice honestly. I'm not a fan of online, because it increases the numbers of trolls and hackers (just my opinion or maybe I'm going too much into the mmorpg direction). I'd like to see what EA had planned for this Sims 4. I don't expect much from them, because frankly I'm fine with Sims 3; but I can't help but be interested what EA will change. If I expect too much from them, I highly predict I'll be disappointed one way or another.

You are entitled to your own opinion
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also another thing, I am expecting this from EA. This is an affirmative expectation from me. In sims 4 I am expecting that they take away the rabbit holes and replace them with actual places (and again will increase the amount of lag in the game)

Rabbit Holes: Those establishments in the game where your sims disappear to and you cannot monitor them; you just have a little box to decide what they do, to either increase or decrease their performance in work or in school.