Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whatever is being announced, it WILL be online:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/05/announcement-hints-the-sims-russia-tweets/

:cry:

Hopefully this is just a false translation or something, or maybe they'll be releasing a seperate sims online.

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ugh... :(

Oh well, if whatever's being announced is indeed some sort of online only thing, at least I know I can save my money. If Simport and SimCity are a taste of what their online offerings are like, then I'm not interested.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind if there was optional multiplayer (like with Simport, it's completely optional and I'm fine with that), I just want to be able to play offline as well, without needing an internet connection.

That could be what they mean, we'll just have to wait and see. Though...if it is always online like SimCity...count me out. I'll stick with TS3.
    34336_s.gif
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    Think about it, they could say anything about the game, and they choose online. You know this is going to be a big part of the game.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    As I said on the other thread, I don't really mind online play as long as it's 1000% optional - meaning you don't lose out by not using it and they show single-player the same amount of attention.

And if it does turn out to be a new TSO rather than TS4, then those of us who don't want TS4 to be like SimCity should be happy, not disappointed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree OP. Think about this...there is a new blue plumbbob and those Sims in the pics on SimsVIP have a blue plumbbob..and the controllable Sim in the pic has a green one.

I very much believe it is a full blown MMO, and not some randomness like Simport (optional).

I am now under the impression there won't be any type CAW nor any 'real' CAS..not if it's online MMO>..

I am also thinking (99% sure) the days of the series are going to change for us all..no more base games as we know them, can't help but believe that and the game we see on SimsVIP is the next in series for The Sims.

Not a spin off, or a remake of Sims Online, but what they consider a huge move and the Sims 4...whole cake or none.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.