Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    here's a cheerful llama for you too :mrgreen:

fjRlGhH.gif
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    Im excited! :wink:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused. Hasn't that website been registered for years now?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    Now I'm worried that The Sims 4 will be a flash game...
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    here's a cheerful llama for you too :mrgreen:

fjRlGhH.gif
    LOL! :lol::mrgreen:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Yes, but inactive. It's been purchased in 2009 or 2010 I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I thought of something regarding the flash thingy. It might be that they just want some more mock-ups to be made in flash, but flash won't be used for the actual game. I hope that's true. Flash games are alright as spin-offs, but not for the next generation base game.
  • Options
    Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Why would they purchase it THAT early?

Did they really start development of it then?

Then why isn't there a TS5 one?
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

They've purchased all domains from thesims4.com all the way to thesims10.com in advance, so that no-one else can buy them.
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

The reasons EA and other game companies purchase sites really early is because

A) They have in fact started working on the game.
    B) So people don't register the domain and try to sell it to said company for an outrageous price.
    C) Copyright reasons.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised thesims4 hadn't already been squatted, given how common domain squatters are.
  • Options
    Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2013
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

They've purchased all domains from thesims4.com all the way to thesims10.com in advance, so that no-one else can buy them.

Have they REALLY purchased all they way up to sims10.com? Do they REALLY expect The Sims to go on that long? I was just curious is all.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm buying up 11-20! :twisted:
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Have they REALLY purchased all they way up to sims10.com? Do they REALLY expect The Sims to go on that long? I was just curious is all.
    I don't think they really plan to go on that long. As someone has said, it's just more to ward off domain squatters. A "just in case" deal.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anybody think we'll see a sims 4 forum pop up on the new sims 4 website Monday? If not they need to add one because probebly all the topics in the ideas forum will be on the sims 4 Monday.

At anyrate I hope a forum is added to the sims 4 site Monday so I can register and start posting in it. Hopefully we'll be able to use the avies we can use now.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anybody think we'll see a sims 4 forum pop up on the new sims 4 website Monday? If not they need to add one because probebly all the topics in the ideas forum will be on the sims 4 Monday.

At anyrate I hope a forum is added to the sims 4 site Monday so I can register and start posting in it. Hopefully we'll be able to use the avies we can use now.
    :shock:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013

:shock:

Don't you want a sims 4 forum?
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013

i dont think theyre gonna change it from the sims 3 updates even if they announce it.. if they do, i doubt theyll add much.

i hope they do though but.. just the way theyre sneaking around.. doesnt make me think theyll be shoving it all in our faces for awhile.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:

i dont think theyre gonna change it from the sims 3 updates even if they announce it.. if they do, i doubt theyll add much.

i hope they do though but.. just the way theyre sneaking around.. doesnt make me think theyll be shoving it all in our faces for awhile.
    Agreed. I think if they announce it, after that it'll be just small hints and leaks between now and nearer the end of TS3, maybe with a first look trailer at E3. I doubt they'll go all out, now that really would kill the hype for IP and time travel
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think we'll see a full website until at least a little after E3.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    i doubt it will even be a full announcement.. theyd be crazy to. just letting us know that yes, ts4 will be coming in the near future and stay tuned for new info. thats all, because as callum said, it would kill the hype for the next couple eps. which we dont even have a title for the future one.. :/
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I know. Looks nice and simple for now. But, where are the pictures or even renders of Sims 4? :) I know, it is early and maybe next week? Or maybe they are hidden somewhere that need to be located?
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited May 2013
    You don't think they have killed the idea of the time travel one do you? I mean probably not, but just a thought... :shock:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    gayars wrote:
    You don't think they have killed the idea of the time travel one do you? I mean probably not, but just a thought... :shock:

I'd hope not. That would be a major disappointment for those fans were are excited about it. But anything is possible, they are allowed to change their game plan. Still I'd feel bad for the TT fans. It's like, I know there's one I'd rather have had, but since they annouced TT already I wouldn't want TT to be scraped and my choice replace it. That would create much outrage and bad feelings all around.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.