Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The BIG Annoucement

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jimil wrote:
    OMG

http://thesims4.com/en_US/home

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    It's a strong possibility with the domain being active and all.

But EA seriously? Sims 3 isn't completed! And when I mean completed, I mean fixed with little to no glitches!
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_lsgixxJjo01qhafj6.gif
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    wont they buy all the domains? So random people dont take them
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I can barely contain my excitement.
  • Options
    ian111199ian111199 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited May 2013

Sims 4 website but it got sims 3 stuff on it atm.

Hope sims 4 is single player. EA dont repeat Sims city.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm mostly interested in what it will look like. If it will be any different then TS3, besides open world. I am in no way interested in it, IF it is online only.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013

ya i agree!
  • Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh of course it's going to be the Sims 4.
    I'm just curious if 1. It's going to require a constant online connection. 2. If those mockups on the simsvip are anything like the final product
  • Options
    uidabbey1uidabbey1 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2013
    My thought is space expansion pack. Have to wait and see!!! I'm going to have to play my sims for awhile to calm down. :}
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jimil wrote:
    OMG

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    I CAN'T!!!
    tumblr_m1z66oo8T51rqfhi2o1_400.gif
    I don't even know what to think anymore!

I just love freaking out on this thread. I'm actually having fun doing so.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2013
    Why would they announce the release of SIms 4 when they haven't even released Island Paradise yet? Their buyers would drop massivley because loads of people would decide to not buy any more Sims 3 stuff and wait for TS4! They would announce it after Island Paradise, not before! If they had any sence.
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Why would they announce the release of SIms 4 when they haven't even released Island Paradise yet? Their buyers would drop massivley because loads of people would decide to not buy any more Sims 3 stuff and wait for TS4! They would announce it after Island Paradise, not before! If they had any sence.

They announced TS2 before Makin' Magic was released. It even came with a TS2 teaser disc. TS3 was announced before Apartment Life was released. I don't think it hurt sales before and probably won't now.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited May 2013
    neon_wild wrote:
    I just hope it's not sims 4. But it sounds like it might be. :thumbdown: Having played right from the start with sims 1 I seriously don't think I have it in me anymore to start from scratch yet again. The formula of releasing a base game and slowly adding bits and pieces for years is stale.

It took me long enough to really get into the sims 3 as it is. There's so much more that could(I would almost say needs to be!) be added to sims 3, I don't want it abandoned.

Yeah I have to agree with you there, the thought of starting all again is a pretty daunting one especially when you have to wait so long for essential EP's.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited May 2013
    Now this worries me,if they bring out a sims4,how will we get all our game patches in order to play our game properley as well as use our store stuff? When sims3 came out it wasn't long before they shut down the store and exchange making it impossible for people to get their stuff,I hope if they do that they make a way for us to get all the right patches so,that we can continue sims3 even if we don't choose to go onto sims4 because of graphic issues.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2013
    chococat9 wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

They announced TS2 before Makin' Magic was released. It even came with a TS2 teaser disc. TS3 was announced before Apartment Life was released. I don't think it hurt sales before and probably won't now.

I agree, the announcement of TS4 won't hurt sales of TS3. What will hurt sales of TS4 is if they make it online like they did with SimCity. SimCity was a big fail. I am afraid if they make it online only it will be the death of the Sims series. :(:cry:
  • Options
    utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Could this all actually be about this:

http://www.macorg.net/sims-4-release-date/

The Sims 4 for the iPad?

If it is, then it's a bit of an anti-climax but also a relief!
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2013
    mrswoo5 wrote:
    neon_wild wrote:
    I just hope it's not sims 4. But it sounds like it might be. :thumbdown: Having played right from the start with sims 1 I seriously don't think I have it in me anymore to start from scratch yet again. The formula of releasing a base game and slowly adding bits and pieces for years is stale.

It took me long enough to really get into the sims 3 as it is. There's so much more that could(I would almost say needs to be!) be added to sims 3, I don't want it abandoned.

Yeah I have to agree with you there, the thought of starting all again is a pretty daunting one especially when you have to wait so long for essential EP's.

TS3 base game lacked many essential interactions (imo), not to mentioned had really unattractive clothing/hairstyles that even playing around in CAS couldn't save (and the CAS aspect of Sims is one of the things I enjoy most). I'm a little worried that if EA follows the same pattern, TS4 will also start out dull and remain that way until a substantial amount of EPs is produced :?

I am really curious to see what the new "game-changing" gimmick will be. For TS3 it was story progression and open neighborhoods... The next installment will have to build on this but in such a way that will not make the computer specs requirements fly off the charts lest EA wants to lose its current clients.
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2013
    taffy550 wrote:
    chococat9 wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

I agree, the announcement of TS4 won't hurt sales of TS3. What will hurt sales of TS4 is if they make it online like they did with SimCity. SimCity was a big fail. I am afraid if they make it online only it will be the death of the Sims series. :(:cry:

I'm not completely against trying an online simming game and I'm wondering if it will be online and maybe that's why they closed The Sims Social. I just hope they learned from the failure that Simcity was and do it better...if that's what they're doing.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would have to be The Sims 4, most are gonna be disappointed though as it is most likely going to use the same global world engine that Sim City has used. They used Sim City as a genie pig. The Sims 4 the only thing they really hasn't done with the Sims 3 is a seamless world and right now the only way they can do that is through the world being online just like SimCity. Sims can travel freely from one city in a region to another city in the region. Based on the leaked trailers that have been out for a long time some are fake, but still its hard to hide the fact that it ain't Sims 4 when the domain points to EA home page. Also Sim City gave it away. Why would they bring the original group that did Sim City and The Sims series just for the original Sim City Game. You want open seemless world guess what Sim City paved the way for the Sims 4. You can not have a completely open world on a single computer, most computers would not be able to handle the save files themselves. The computers today don't have the processing power for a open world like that. So I am guessing The Sims 4 will be an Online interactive world way better than Sims City. Where you live in a living beathing changing world, you are now a sim in one of the many cities in sim nation where you live where you work is up to you. Go visit different cities and towns just as easily as getting in your vehicle and travel the global highway.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:

ya i agree!
    They own right up to The Sims 10, but none of them are active, they give you a "could not find" page. As of today, the Sims 4 domain is active, redirecting you to the main Sims page.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just found out that you can run Sim City in offline mode, I was wondering what would happen if a network connection dropped. You still be able to play Sim City until you can get wireless access again. As long as you stay in the world you should be fine. So in order to play the game you need a network connection after that the only time you need a network connection is to exist the world. I shut off my router while Sim City was on and the game still seemed to play normally. So always on is not as bad as it seems. once your connected to a server if you get dropped it just wait for reconnect to save.

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is true, tells me TS4 is coming, likely already in development. I don't know if they will announce it Monday, but, I expect they will announce it sometime this year for release next year.

I just hope it is playable offline and not a repeat of TSO or EALand again.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is true, tells me TS4 is coming, likely already in development. I don't know if they will announce it Monday, but, I expect they will announce it sometime this year for release next year.

I just hope it is playable offline and not a repeat of TSO or EALand again.

I did a test on Sim City even if servers are busy and you get dropped you should as long as you are in the simulation still be able to play it offline. I did a test to see if it would recognize my offline changes even if I exited the game while offline.
    I shut down my router and waited until I got network offline error. The simulation didn't shutdown with a error it just kept going without any problems. I added some dirt roads somewhere while it was off. Than I exited the game when the network was down. I turned my router back on to connect to the world and restarted my town and by my surprise it was exactly the way I left it in offline mode. It had the garbage dump off and the dirt roads I added. So I am thinking the game might save a cache of changes to update when back online.

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    tbh, I don't think it will be online. It may have online features, but I don't think it will be all online.

I think SimCity was them testing the waters for that. If it had been succesful, they'd have continued that way for more games. But games started before they tested the idea won't be like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The launch of The Sim City was no different than any of the other game developers for MMOrg. They can not tell the result of how many people will buy and log into the system on launch day. The beta tests only are a slice of the population.

Star Wars Galaxies have done that.
    Star Trek Online has done that.
    other mmorgs have done that through out history.