Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Is an iPad game, Read All About It?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Tanya,

Everyone can be disappointed in me. I still believe whatever the guy was working on is either a mobile game or an for the iPad. EA has already produced at least one Sim's type game for the iPad.

It's o.k. you think I am knocking SimsVIP, I just see it differently than the rest of you.

If they are going to say the pics she took from the videos on his site were not at all to be considered, then why? when you look at them do they mark them up as Pics of Sims 4 in the captions underneath them?

If a user is just flipping through the site, that is all they are going to see..not many bother to read his/her article...but what grabs their eyes is the pic of the UI and then the Pics of Sims below in the article.

Once you enlarge them over at Flickr in his/her links..they plainly state Sims 4 underneath them.

Why would they do that? I think that is the another reason I'm not biting/swallowing anymore. Besides the game looks more like one of those silly social games and I understand they are saying it is just a mock up but then why caption the photos from the videos as Sims 4.

She didn't post the videos but took snapshots or stills of some scenes in the video. That's all good and fine but there was no need to caption them as Sims 4 if they are't.

BTW, Tanya, If you are disappointed in me for thinking SimsVIP is toting all this new info as some kind of proof of The Sims 4, then why would you reply to a thread a few below this one with the link to SimsVIP site of the very article I am disspointed about?

And then say to the original poster, who had this question 'Is Sims4 real, or coming or whatever?" state: "it's pretty much confirmed" and then post the link to SimVIP pics of the UI and the Pics. :shock:

If you don't think they are saying it is Sims 4 then why would you give the link to the poster below me as some sort of 'proof' and say it is pretty much confirmed.

Talk about ironic.

ETA: Tanya replies to poster that Sims 4 is pretty much confirmed...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/673302.page

Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    BTW, Tanya, If you are disappointed in me for thinking SimsVIP is toting all this new info as some kind of proof of The Sims 4, then why would you reply to a thread a few below this one with the link to SimsVIP site of the very article I am disspointed about?

And then say to the original poster, who had this question 'Is Sims4 real, or coming or whatever?" state: "it's pretty much confirmed" and then post the link to SimVIP pics of the UI and the Pics. :shock:

If you don't think they are saying it is Sims 4 then why would you give the link to the poster below me as some sort of 'proof' and say it is pretty much confirmed.

Talk about ironic.

ETA: Tanya replies to poster that Sims 4 is pretty much confirmed...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/673302.page

I never said that I was disappointed in you for thinking this is talking about Sims 4. I said I was disappointed in you for unfairly attacking SimsVIP and casting aspirations on them. In fact, I said earlier on this very thread that those shots reveal Sims 4 is coming.

Quote:
    Really, all it does is confirm what we've known all along: Sims 4 is coming. We have no idea when, or what it will look like, or what it will contain... but it is coming. The rest of the conversation people are having about it is just a waste of time and blowing it out of proportion.

Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/672960.page#10698830

My actions on this matter have been consistent. There is no irony in them.
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited April 2013
    i think when ea think people wanna take it with them AKA a laptop would be what its designed for. i hate mobile stuff. the main problem with them is battery life. and yeh ea would lose a lot if it was only on iPad. i wouldn't be surprised if the UI and basics were built over another game then taken and rebuilt in another game. sims 4 might not even be much of a sequel to sims 3 for all we know. hell i wouldn't even mind a 64bit version of sims 3 to be called sims 4. its obvious they have another sims game ready to be released but that could be anything. could be just a tablet only game. called sims tablet or something
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree MissFelixia, it could be any kind of Sims game, we don't know.
    However, SimsVIP has it up as the pre-production-UI for Sims 4. No question mark after the title..(which I will give them that one) I didn't put one on my title in this thread at first, I sometimes forget the proper puncutation when I type too fast.

And maybe no one enlarged the pics on their site but me and a few others which leads to the Flickr..in big bold letters Sims 4 under each pic.

She sat on it since last Aug. 2012. O.K> that is prob. all true, but their joke was in April 2012, the site and Sweetietreats posted link to was written in June 2012..and SimsVIP was sent this info in anonymous email in Aug. 2012.

It's all too curious since the other site though just a copy cat of a joke said it is an ipad game. I don't know is it? Why would they add that one tidbit that SimsVIP didn't include in their joke? Odd.

What would a work up/mock up and a flash for an iPad (or mobile) look like? Beats me..but I find it all very odd. SimsVIP is more or less not saying ignore all of it..but have posted as the pre-production UI of Sims 4 in their title. And named each pic in their flickr account as Sims 4...strange.

Not maybe, or just a mock up but named the pics in Flickr as Sims 4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    The reason why the author of that article said it's ipad game because he's an idiot.

One he isn't credible.

Two he stolen information from an april fools joke

Three the pictures are for a mock up ui. Mock meaning there is nothing definite about the sims. They also used some of sims 3 screens to make the mock up for the CAS. Why users are only focusing on the graphics of the pictures is getting ridiculous it's a mock up of the UI that's what you should be paying attention to.

Four honestly if got some pics like that i would want to try to find out if they were legit before i post those pics. So if it took me an an entire year and some, to sit on those pictures i would. Just to make sure I'm not posting something some fan made by mistake.

Five mistakes happen, journalism is not easy why papers and news sites print retractions. There is no silly conspiracy here. There isn't even news. She simply posted pictures and gave her own opinion on simsvip a fansite.

Now whether you find them to lose their credibility over this is up to you personally. No one can make you like them as a site nor trust them that's your opinion you're free to have it. Right now the facts only point to that this all just speculation on everyone's part. All we really and truly know is that sims 4 is being worked on and that is about it.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    What SimsVIP failed to mention is that the images were taken from flash videos they are probably sitting on or that never existed. I have to agree with Cinebar and I don't think the people at SimVIP are trustworthy or they did the right thing regarding this situation. I pulled up the LinkedIn profile of a developer in my thread showing he is working on a console version of The Sims. There are also various rumors in the console world that EA has two unannounced titles for the Wii U which will probably be ported over to the PS4 and the Xbox 720. I have gone into more detail than Cinebar on my thread of my findings so if you read my thread the points she is trying to make may make more sense.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What SimsVIP failed to mention is that the images were taken from flash videos they are probably sitting on or that never existed. I have to agree with Cinebar and I don't think the people at SimVIP are trustworthy or they did the right thing regarding this situation. I pulled up the LinkedIn profile of a developer in my thread showing he is working on a console version of The Sims. There are also various rumors in the console world that EA has two unannounced titles for the Wii U which will probably be ported over to the PS4 and the Xbox 720. I have gone into more detail than Cinebar on my thread of my findings so if you read my thread the points she is trying to make may make more sense.

I bolded the statement that is proven false.

Here's a quote from the actual man's LinkedIn:
    UI/UX Designer/ Engineer/ Animator
    Electronic Arts
    Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; ERTS; Computer Games industry
    May 2005 – March 2012 (6 years 11 months) San Francisco Bay Area

Worked with UI design team, game engineers, and artists to design and prototype user interface elements and animation sequences in Flash using timeline and Actionscript 2.0 classes. Assisted game play engineers in final animation layout, actionscript code integration and production of final UI elements.

Stopped working at EA in March of last year. And, here's the link:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-kelly/52/929/b2a
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

Worked with UI design team, game engineers, and artists to design and prototype user interface elements and animation sequences in Flash using timeline and Actionscript 2.0 classes. Assisted game play engineers in final animation layout, actionscript code integration and production of final UI elements.

Maybe the developer changed his LinkedIn after I posted it. Why are you trying to discredit my evidence. It is there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

Go look in my thread. I posted the LinkedIn and when I looked it up today it was still there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

Maybe the developer changed his LinkedIn after I posted it. Why are you trying to discredit my evidence. It is there.

Because you have no evidence. And because if you want to hunt down conspiracies, you're looking in entirely the wrong direction; big websites are too public to be useful for conspiracies involving releasing of information, and within the Sims community SimsVIP is huge.

The LinkedIn wasn't changed; it was the same way when I checked it back in October to find out what had happened. You just accessed an archived version of it somehow.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

*pops back momentarily*

Perhaps your 'evidence' is being discredited because it's not 'evidence' at all. Your reason for the supposed conspiracy that isn't a conspiracy is that EA has somehow paid off SimsVIP with the giveaway. It's kind of vague but it's there.

Cinebar's is even more fun than yours. She's had no fewer than three reasons so far in disbelieving and mistrusting SimsVIP. One was just that the shots were sat on since August. Another was for posting shots of a purported liar. Third was that the screen's very definately said Sims 4 under it, instead of putting a question mark under them, thus providing doubt that it was only a possible UI of Sims 4 to a definate UI of Sims 4, therefore SimsVIP is evil.

I'm having fun watching even if nobody else is. My conclusion is still that denial is a strong emotion.

*goes away again*
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

Because you have no evidence. And because if you want to hunt down conspiracies, you're looking in entirely the wrong direction; big websites are too public to be useful for conspiracies involving releasing of information, and within the Sims community SimsVIP is huge.

The LinkedIn wasn't changed; it was the same way when I checked it back in October to find out what had happened. You just accessed an archived version of it somehow.

Trust me, people slip up and put valuable information in plain site not thinking anything about it. SimsVIP released the information so they can get more hits on their website. More hits equals more ad revenues and maybe more goodies and perks from EA. They did not release all the information they had because they are probably planning on cashing in on it later. The owners weren't releasing this information out of the kindness of their heart. The also held onto this information instead of releasing it. Many, including you say it is because they did not want to face legal ramifications but if EA wanted to go after them, they would've done it a long time ago. It is also funny how none of the other thousands of Sims fansites never stumbled upon this information.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    ETA: SimsVIP doesn't need hits on their site. They've this nice cool bar there now that tells you how many ppl are on the site. At any given time it can be anything from 60+.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Electronic Arts

Trust me, people slip up and put valuable information in plain site not thinking anything about it. SimsVIP released the information so they can get more hits on their website. More hits equals more ad revenues and maybe more goodies and perks from EA. They did not release all the information they had because they are probably planning on cashing in on it later. The owners weren't releasing this information out of the kindness of their heart. The also held onto this information instead of releasing it. Many, including you say it is because they did not want to face legal ramifications but if EA wanted to go after them, they would've done it a long time ago. It is also funny how none of the other thousands of Sims fansites never stumbled upon this information.

What makes you think they released the information to gain benefits from EA? For all you know, this could have been a giant digital middle finger thrown up at the company. Or it could have been sat on this long because they just now confirmed that, yes, those shots are real; it can sometimes take years to find someone within a company to leak you an affirmation of something you've found that is legit.

Now, what is a typical website's add revenue? A few cents per visit. Those hundred plus visitors every day? They probably amount to a cup of coffee every other day in how much she gets. Ad revenue has never been a big money-maker for websites unless the websites themselves are huge. In fact, that's the reason why I'm not running one of my own; it doesn't pay enough to be worth the effort. With a deal through Origin? She probably sees $20-$30 a week at max; might make a couple hundred dollars in a year off the deal.

One of the things you learn in programming classes? How much it sucks to actually run a website.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure EA gave SimsVIP 'the nod' but if this guy's info is legit, and EA actually did remove his public website because it contained leaks of an upcoming game..then they are certainly turning a blind eye to what is posted over on SimsVIP.

Now, think long and hard about that. According to SimsVIP EA removed P. Kelly's site for whatever reason. Either the videos..or the mock up of the UI or something on there ...maybe because he announced he was working on The Sims 4 Olympus (whatever that is).

But they don't make SimsVIP take down 'leaked' info about the man or information that proves he was working for EA, and all his stuff should be considered legit..etc. etc...

Why not? if it is the same info he had on his site?

Either it has nothing to do with a Sims game for EA at all, or they would, and or it is all true, and EA is giving the nod..or hasn't found the time to make them take it down.

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_meucfr4Hrz1qihztbo1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's very cute Urosh, but instead of making fun of me, why doesn't anyone answer my last question.

If EA took down P. Kelly's website with the same info on it that SimsVIP has on their site, why haven't they made SimsVIP take down the 'leaked' information if it is all the same?

I don't think you want to explore the possibilities.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimsVIP is not an employee in EA, thus they can discuss such matter. EA's employee posted those stills on his site and EA as his employer can and will take it down without even asking because it's an inside leak.

SimsVIP is a blog, news source, and media is free to discuss anything, no matter what as long as it's not defamation. If these were not Sims 4 leaks, EA would surely speak out about it considering what a big fuss there was about the leak. If it was indeed not Sims 4, they would do themselves a favor and dismiss such rumors.

EA can only ask a website if they would take it down, but in doing so, EA would even further confirm that this is indeed their work. Thought about that, perhaps?

Your accusations and assumptions don't even make any logical sense. SimsVIP is actually EA because EA's newsletter is called "The Sims 3 VIP Newsletter"? Are you freaking serious?

Besides, one major fansite SimGoodies which is very reliable and another Facebook page SimS have both stated that on Monday there will be a major revelation for The Sims fans. Now, I wonder what that might be.

Wait, it's a new iPad game. Totally forgot about that one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tell you what, Cinebar, why don't you tell us what it is that you want to hear and we'll get somebody to come say it. I don't think you're going to get anybody but yourselves and Sweetietreats to believe what you're saying. I got bored a long while ago, though it's fun watching how many more outrageous things you'll both come out with, so my next theory is to get somebody to say whatever it is you want to hear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    SimsVIP is not an employee in EA, thus they can discuss such matter. EA's employee posted those stills on his site and EA as his employer can and will take it down without even asking because it's an inside leak.

SimsVIP is a blog, news source, and media is free to discuss anything, no matter what as long as it's not defamation. If these were not Sims 4 leaks, EA would surely speak out about it considering what a big fuss there was about the leak. If it was indeed not Sims 4, they would do themselves a favor and dismiss such rumors.

EA can only ask a website if they would take it down, but in doing so, EA would even further confirm that this is indeed their work. Thought about that, perhaps?

Your accusations and assumptions don't even make any logical sense. SimsVIP is actually EA because EA's newsletter is called "The Sims 3 VIP Newsletter"? Are you freaking serious?

Besides, one major fansite SimGoodies which is very reliable and another Facebook page SimS have both stated that on Monday there will be a major revelation for The Sims fans. Now, I wonder what that might be.

Wait, it's a new iPad game. Totally forgot about that one.

:P Urosh, my comment on the other thread about the same name as the newsletter from EA was a joke..I added the wink icon. Now, I am LOL.

I haven't read the other site's info about a 'revelation'. But it is rumored heavily that EA is working on a new mobile game. Maybe everyone on the web is getting 'that' info from speculation as well, but Sweetie Treats did post links concerning EA working on Wii and mobile games..perhaps one is 'a' Sim's game and not The Sims 4.

I don't think the upcoming game will be called The Sims 4 if it is mobile or for an iPad or whatever, but it may be called TS4 by players.

This is just my personal opin. but I really don't believe there will be a full blown TS4 coming anytime like TS2 or TS3 etc.

I think EA may move away from the series and continue to produce other type of Sims games...but that's just me and my own ideas of what is happening in the shake ups of the company and what direction they are going.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Tell you what, Cinebar, why don't you tell us what it is that you want to hear and we'll get somebody to come say it. I don't think you're going to get anybody but yourselves and Sweetietreats to believe what you're saying. I got bored a long while ago, though it's fun watching how many more outrageous things you'll both come out with, so my next theory is to get somebody to say whatever it is you want to hear.

O.K. why don't you answer why EA hasn't taken down SimsVIP leaks if they are true and it is the UI mock up for The Sims 4? If they took it down because an employee posted it, and EA took down a video SimsVIP had up of a supposedly leaked video and off YouTube (which no one believes either, when they saw it awhile back) then why are they allowing them to leave up 'leaked info'?

I understand what Urosh is saying, if they do that may only help convince players it 'is' the Sims 4...because EA made them remove the information...and if they don't...well, then we are back to Roswell, aren't we. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I have trusted SimsVIP to give us the scoops...so either one, you doubt it is Sims 4 or you believe them..it's not me that is doubting..just wondering why EA is allowing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    EA is allowing it because, by the time they could do anything about it, topics had already been posted on here and a few other sites and people were already copying the screenshots and reposting them in other places.

In other words, telling SimsVIP to take it down wouldn't have stopped this leak; the info had already leaked in a way they can't control. Pretty much, they didn't try to stop it because at this point trying to stop it would only make the information spread faster.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, there you go, Tanya, Thank you.

That is a very good answer and one I am willing to believe.

But if that awful UI is The Sims 4 in progress regardless of what it looks like when the UI is finished..I don't think I will be liking that game,either. :cry:

If the flash thingy the guy was using (over my head) is actual actions and interactions of what Sims can do in that game, regardless of what they look like later, then I would be curious to know what is meant by the 30 skill point thingy in romance or something, in one of the pics. Looks like you have to level up or something.

If you notice in the first pic of the UI it says something like 'sit on couch' down in the list or something...and looks like have a conversation...YAY, hope they bring that feature back, but I don't think with the Blue Plumbbobs I will like this game, if it really is TS4. :cry:

That means its a social game, doesn't it? The player is green and the friends are blue. I'm glad to see another color of a plumbbob, it's pretty but not glad to see it is starting to look like some kind of MMO.