Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim keeps Dismounting Horse

Hi all,

I know similar things have already been said in other topics but this is slightly different.

Recently I downloaded Riverview and started playing in it with a horse family. Now my sim keeps wanting to dismount the horses even though her needs are almost at the top. I cannot stop her dismounting and everytime she mounts she dismounts. This never happened in any other town. Please tell me how to stop her its driving me mad.

Comments

• Angel_GuardianAngel_Guardian Posts: 39 New Member
    edited April 2013
    It might be due to something around the horse/Sim that's locking one or the other in (I tend to forget about this often) such as steps, gates, nearby objects, etc. Another cause might be that Sims often dismount while visiting neighbors or at a community lot and they will do so even at home lots if freewill is enabled.
  • twigbugtwigbug Posts: 19
    edited April 2013
    I can't solve your problem, but I can certainly empathize. My Sims do this ALL the time! It's an exercise in frustration, isn't it?

I don't always play in the same town, and I almost never have free will turned on. It usually happens on my home lot, as I find it more convenient to train there.

*sighs*
  • RADONATORRADONATOR Posts: 541 New Member
    edited April 2013
    yep, almost everytime, and dont forget how funny they think it is to have them get on backwards nearly everytime, even when their riding skill is very high..even at 8or 9 they do this <sigh>
  • rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited April 2013
    That problem sounds really weird... I truly hope you'll find a fix for it!
  • ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    edited May 2013
    Mine does this a lot too. I think at least one cause is sometimes their needs are not up to where they can ride. I always use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, that way I can slide their needs up when I want them to ride (rider and horse). If they are hungry, dirty, tired, ect. they won't perform the riding request and will continue to dismount. Now, on another note....my sim drives me crazy going out mounting up and then dismounting for no reason I can figure. If this is your problem I have sympathy for you. Even in the middle of the night when the horses are sleeping she will wake them up. But my sim is on high instead of low. I need to change that.
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't play on free will and they usually ride after they've gone through my set morning routine, breakfast, washing, peeing etc. It only seems to happen on my own lot so I've decided to lead them off the lot before they mount.

I'm not sure if I've said this before but when the action shows up their going to dismount I cannot cancel it. It gets rather annoying.