Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Biggest thing that needs to be in the Sims 3

DemiGodDemiGod Posts: 17 New Member
Custom Built Towns.

Every The Sims game i have ever played let you build your own town/city and customize it however you want you could even add empty lots and community lots... You are unable to even place empty lots in the Sims 3. I wonder what EA was thinking taking something so popular yet simple away... This is probably the side affect from the main guy who created The Sims and The Sims 2 (who wasn't apart of The Sims 3) Was busy making Spore.

Everyone who wants them to bring back Custom buildable towns please post here.. They wont take us seriously unless we all let them know.

Comments

• Turmell767Turmell767 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I really agree with that i miss the customization of being able to create towns and also putting your own lots in the game.
  • jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Definitley a need... Im getting bored with my prebuilt neighborhoods... along with being able to build custom neighborhoods I wish theyd explain why we cant have multiple families PER neighborhood >.<

-Jess
  • DemiGodDemiGod Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    IF i were to guess as to the reason they don't have this feature yet it would probably have to be because the guy who created The Sims was busy working on Spore to be bothered with the Sims 3. He was the one that wanted to make the sims a fully customizable world where players actually create the world for the sims to live.
  • DinoRaptureDinoRapture Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed.
    You should make this a petition
  • guinnessheroguinnesshero Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Please Please bring back the customization to the towns or I will not buy future expansions or play any futher. I like being able to build my own houses and lots and not have them predefined for me :(
  • misosimsmisosims Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes! Really disappointed that it's gone now.. We need customised towns.

And not wait for it to come out in an expansion pack or something.
  • EquesEques Posts: 737 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They said months ago that they would provide an update that allowed players to create their own neighboorhoods.
    I don't know when it's coming, but I don't think it'll take too much longer.
  • kangaroo89kangaroo89 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hope thats true because thats th only way I'll get any ral enjoyment out of this game. The other aspects are great but they pal in comparison to the importance of being able to customize the town itself. I don't really even need to be able to make new towns if I could just add or move around lots in the one I was given.
  • BizzairBizzair Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just wanna know how to build your own house from scratch!! With your own sim! I can only make the one guy and I have to move into a house,,
  • AnthonyAnthony Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. I was so confused when I first got into the game, I was trying to move a family into an empty lot so I could build their house but noooo you can't do that. You have to at least have a wall up to move someone in.

I just hate that you can't pick a lot size and where you want your house to be is limited. You can't even have a business can you?
  • PhearmongerPhearmonger Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bizzair wrote:
    I just wanna know how to build your own house from scratch!! With your own sim! I can only make the one guy and I have to move into a house,,

You can move your sims into an empty lot and build while they are there, or you can enter the lot in Edit Town mode and build it yourself. Your menu options have an Edit Town mode that you can choose. It's the menu with the save and quit choices, etc. Also, the Edit Town mode has a button on the left that allows you to change to a different family, and clicking on an occupied lot allows you to move families and split them up. This is all from memory, so I may be wrong on some details, but it's easy to experiment with it.
  • scifinut68scifinut68 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Eques wrote:
    They said months ago that they would provide an update that allowed players to create their own neighboorhoods.
    I don't know when it's coming, but I don't think it'll take too much longer.

I just hope they make it an update and not an expansion pack that we have to buy.
  • SongBird2384SongBird2384 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2009
    Definitley a need... Im getting bored with my prebuilt neighborhoods... along with being able to build custom neighborhoods I wish theyd explain why we cant have multiple families PER neighborhood >.<

-Jess

Actually you can have multiple families per neighborhood. I just figured it out yesterday. and you CAN edit the town (i don't know about the empty lots thing yet). What you do to do both is when you're playing your game go to the far left and click the ... button. you then hit "edit town". In that you can add more sims to different houses, mess with community lots, and switch families. To switch from that screen you just go back to the left to the button that says switch active sim (or something close to that) and then you can choose ANY existing sim in the town (even EA made ones) and choose to play them.

I don't want to insult anyone with this comment, but I think before we all go crazy criticizing "missing" things, try fiddling around with ALL the buttons first, or reading the book. I found that option out by accident yesterday when I was just playing with buttons. They worked hard on this game, and even though some things are better at hiding than others doesn't mean it's not there...you just have to hunt for it. I would have preferred that there was a tutorial lesson on this particular item. Ok that's it....gonna go play now.

- Jaime
  • DemiGodDemiGod Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One of the things i don't understand is the fact that when you usually come out with a new game based off of a earlier one (basically a sequel) You usually start with all the features from the old ones. Though they never did that with the sims. EA is becoming a money mongering ***** nowadays. Charging you for minor expansions that don't add anything necessary. Such as clothing packs.

EA is becoming notorious for this.. Such as the Rainbow six Vegas. The first was so short you could literally finish it in 6 hours. What did you get at the end? A great big "TO BE CONTINUED!" To me this is unacceptable if your going to release a game then release the game as a whole the only thing stuff like this causes is more and more pirates.
  • DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited June 2009
    I want custom build towns AND to be able to change the size of my sims' body parts (chest legs etc.)
  • zenreizenrei Posts: 746 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My wishes are pretty minor, actually

It would be cool to be able to group items into sets like you could in Sims 2.

I'd like to be able to pick a frame for custom painted pictures, I swear I remember doing that in Sims 2 as well.

I wish there was a way to find out how old a Sim is before you marry them, so that you don't end up being a YA marrying an Adult that's about to turn into an elder in 2 days :(
  • lllamallama33lllamallama33 Posts: 81
    edited October 2010
    YES YES YES YES A MILLION!!