Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Galaxy S3 - What's the story?

What's the word on Sims 3 on the Galaxy S3? I am more than a bit peeved that I purchased a game that is unplayable now that I've upgraded to a new model of phone.

The silly thing is that the game DOES play. I know because I took it upon myself to track down an APK on the 'net and to pull the old data files off of the SD card from my old Motorola Droid. After a bit of file juggling, I was able to get my old sim online and walking around his house.

The problem is not the game, it's the UI. The user interface is invisible but the game plays fine if you can figure out what parts of the screen to tap on. That seems on the face of it like it should be a situation that's fixable. It looks more like EA/Maxis just doesn't want to fix it than it seems like it's somehow "incompatible" with Android 4 (or whatever it is that's the source of the problem).

Free Play is fine for what it supplies but I paid for Sims 3 and I'd like to be able to play it. Is there any plan to deal with the incompatiblity or is Sims 3 on mobile basically abandonware at this point?

Comments

• Chalky89Chalky89 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2013
    Seems it doesn't work with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1+) at all, which is just pathetic considering Jelly Bean has been around since last July.
  • slimcuttie225slimcuttie225 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I had a iphone and I purchased all the Sims games available to download but now I have an Android and I want to know when they will have it available for android.I have an S3 as well. The only one I can play is the freesims. I did see a 3d sims in the android store but it is not compatible.Does anyone know why iphone users gets all the sims expansions and they deserted android?