Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• xanchaxancha Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    *sign*

I honestly don't believe they care, with all these remarks and comments I haven't seen 1 from the creators. Seriously doubt they'll even bother reading this.
  • aryularyul Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    *Signed
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited August 2009
    Signed!- XOX1

After my free points are gone, I am not buying anything unless it is in tangible form, like an expansion pack on CD.
    I am not paying extra for clothes, hair, and furniture that should have been included in the game in the first place.
    Most of the stuff in the store are using TS2 meshes anyway.
  • XxXReidoXxXXxXReidoXxX Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    100% Signed
  • Sim_Master_IbraSim_Master_Ibra Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    signed
  • ScarletBaconScarletBacon Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    *signs*

I think it's a pretty silly idea. I will never spend more than the points I got with the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. If that's the case, what's the point in having the store?
  • ABCRicABCRic Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I couldn't agree more with this. The game has a huge lack of object variety, and instead, we have to pay for the game, and pay even more to get the objects we find minimum. Paying 60€ for the game and not having sufficient variety isn't gonna make us happy.
    You're losing customers, EA. Start giving more free content to us.
  • Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    originsim2 wrote:

Not very tolerant, are you?
    All OriginalDigit was putting across was frustration. Albiet not very calmly, but then again I can understand the sentiment.
    The idea:
    EA are testing the water with this store to see if it's an acceptable business model. While doing this they are alienating customers (as you see on this thread) because they simply don't need the Store, they already rake in enough profit. It's greed and is causing problems to the consumer, hence the complaints. The varying degrees of anger here are there to try and drive home the message that the customers who signed this don't think it's acceptable to try and leech more money after paying out the butt (to be vulgar) for a quite frankly barely up-to-standard (in terms of volume and variety of content) product. Think of it from this side of the debate. Would you not be angry? Would you not want the value for the money you spent?

We aren't saying EA legally owes us anything. We're saying we expect better, considering the expense.
    (Although its not that I aim to speak for everyone, when I say that. Everyone has their own opinion.)

Side Note: To people saying "you've only posted # many times on here, which is less than me, so you don't know what you're talking about, shut up!" I only have a few posts but I've spent 8 years with the community. I only post when I care enough, not just on everything and anything. This doesn't mean I lack experience, so don't be so quick to judge ^^!

I'm not very tolerant because this thread is really begining to get frustrating. I tend to look at this thread whenever it pops back up, so my first response on it was somewhere around page 60 I think. Some of the things people are saying on here are ridiculous.

And I don't think they're alienating as many customers as it seems. Sure, 133 pages seems like a lot, but when you consider the number they have that must be buying from the store, it probably outweighs the number "signing" a thread about it. And I wouldn't call it greed, I'd call it matural to want to make more money. If they can make more from this, than good for them. And how are they "leeching" money? You pay for the game and the 1,000 points you get for 'free' (That part is a bit frustrating to me. If only we actually got at least those points for free). That game took a lot of work, and to me, it was worth what I paid.
    And if you consider the TS2 base game compared to the TS3 base game, TS3 offers a LOT more content. Not to mention it's a different game. If people want everything from TS2-go play it.
    I can understand wanting the prices lowered, because that would be nice, but wanting everything in the game is what's greedy, not the store. Just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve it.
  • simsrock11simsrock11 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed simsrock11
  • Garret360Garret360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited August 2009
  • sunshinetwosunshinetwo Posts: 204 Member
    edited August 2009
    Signed.
    Wouldn't spend anymore money on a game I already bought, don't plan to, ever.
    And why when there is so much custom stuff on the internet to download for free?
    I do feel like the game is missing a lot of basic stuff.
  • Sunshine12358Sunshine12358 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /Signed Sunshine12358
  • bluegreenebluegreene Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Signed.

To be honest with all the superior custom content sites around anyway I think that anyone who shells out extra cash to buy anything from the store is a complete fool.

If only there was a body shop type tool we could make our own content with, I really miss that..*sigh*.

• Sims3Fan214365Sims3Fan214365 Posts: 716 Member
    edited August 2009
    /Signed
  • legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited August 2009
    bluegreene wrote:
    Signed.

To be honest with all the superior custom content sites around anyway I think that anyone who shells out extra cash to buy anything from the store is a complete fool.

Frankly, that's how I feel about anyone who signs this petition thinking it's actually going to make a difference.
  • Thematthias99Thematthias99 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

• FatalityFatality Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

The Store is a completly nonsense
  • melodyweavermelodyweaver Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed,
    melodyweaver.
  • MsEllaBellaMsEllaBella Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Taylor0628 wrote:
    originsim2 wrote:

Not very tolerant, are you?
    All OriginalDigit was putting across was frustration. Albiet not very calmly, but then again I can understand the sentiment.
    The idea:
    EA are testing the water with this store to see if it's an acceptable business model. While doing this they are alienating customers (as you see on this thread) because they simply don't need the Store, they already rake in enough profit. It's greed and is causing problems to the consumer, hence the complaints. The varying degrees of anger here are there to try and drive home the message that the customers who signed this don't think it's acceptable to try and leech more money after paying out the butt (to be vulgar) for a quite frankly barely up-to-standard (in terms of volume and variety of content) product. Think of it from this side of the debate. Would you not be angry? Would you not want the value for the money you spent?

We aren't saying EA legally owes us anything. We're saying we expect better, considering the expense.
    (Although its not that I aim to speak for everyone, when I say that. Everyone has their own opinion.)

Side Note: To people saying "you've only posted # many times on here, which is less than me, so you don't know what you're talking about, shut up!" I only have a few posts but I've spent 8 years with the community. I only post when I care enough, not just on everything and anything. This doesn't mean I lack experience, so don't be so quick to judge ^^!

I'm not very tolerant because this thread is really begining to get frustrating. I tend to look at this thread whenever it pops back up, so my first response on it was somewhere around page 60 I think. Some of the things people are saying on here are ridiculous.

And I don't think they're alienating as many customers as it seems. Sure, 133 pages seems like a lot, but when you consider the number they have that must be buying from the store, it probably outweighs the number "signing" a thread about it. And I wouldn't call it greed, I'd call it matural to want to make more money. If they can make more from this, than good for them. And how are they "leeching" money? You pay for the game and the 1,000 points you get for 'free' (That part is a bit frustrating to me. If only we actually got at least those points for free). That game took a lot of work, and to me, it was worth what I paid.
    And if you consider the TS2 base game compared to the TS3 base game, TS3 offers a LOT more content. Not to mention it's a different game. If people want everything from TS2-go play it.
    I can understand wanting the prices lowered, because that would be nice, but wanting everything in the game is what's greedy, not the store. Just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve it.

The point of the anger from people is in regards to how expensive this new content is and how little came with the game. The hewnsman set is $20.00 which is outrageous. They couldn't put some of this stuff in the game yet it started pouring into the store immediately after the games release.
    In the sims 2 we could buy the EP if we wanted and get tons of content (for less than it would cost the way sims 3 store works). THEN if people didn't want to buy the EP but still wanted certain sets, they could then purchase the sets w/out needing to buy an entire expansion pack. There was alot more choice involved and it was in my opinion a much better system.
    I don't even want to figure out how much all the items on the store add up too. We have to remember EA gets money from advertisements and sponsorship deals (Prius ect.) as well. I like the game and enjoy it but I feel like the store is a rip off. These things should have been included in the game or shouldn't cost money to buy. It's definitely alienating the community. I have even seen things very very similiar, almost eerily so on other sites for free...the way it should be. I dont think EA was fond of pay sites back in sims 2 but it seems since they got a handle on the paysite thing for themselves things have changed.

x signed.
  • jurukijuruki Posts: 70 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bluegreene wrote:
    Signed.

If only there was a body shop type tool we could make our own content with, I really miss that..*sigh*.

I bet you'd probably have to buy that too if EA made it.
    Signed.
  • RedLightningRedLightning Posts: 415 New Member
    edited August 2009
    / SIGNED..

• azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think Taylor's point is that no one has to buy any of the stuff in the Store. And no one is entitled to stuff created by anyone else. I know I'm not going to buy anything once my free points have been used up, but then there seem to be plenty of people who are buying. It just goes to show you that custom content is valuable. When you buy something, you are saying that you'd rather have the item than the money. People are getting upset because they've gotten used to getting something valuable for nothing, once people become accustomed, they no longer are grateful for the valuable stuff given to them, they just become angry if people stop donating to them. That's the part I have a problem with.

Now I'd be angry with EA if they tried to monopolize custom content and make it hard or impossible for others to create stuff, but I don't think they have. You can find custom content elsewhere on other sites too, and some are generous enough to give it away. Again, people should be thankful for receiving free stuff that they want, not throw a fit when people no longer feel like giving, it kinda removes the good feeling from giving when people aren't thankful at all, and then curse you if you don't choose to give, but that pretty much reflects our society these days.

For the Sims3 not coming with enough content, knowing what you are getting by spending $50 on the Sims3, would you still buy the game today? I think the vast majority would answer yes, the game is still worth $50. There isn't as much content as people are used to because the Sims2 had multiple expansion packs and an awesome community that created hundreds of thousands of items and mods. The community hasn't had time to create that much content yet. If you don't want to pay, then just pretend the items were never created in the first place and don't. But you definitely have no right to have what is created, make your own stuff if you want, don't demand that you get what others have worked on for free. I think some gratitude towards those who provide free custom content would help things out too. Right now with what I'm seeing, I don't know why anyone would ever want to give their work away for free, since the people taking aren't thankful at all and will curse you if you dare not to give them what they want. What's the incentive for people to give? Where is the "thank you Sims community free content providers" thread? How many of you would even bother signing that thread or reading it? Unbelievable.
  • Gabalicious_monkGabalicious_monk Posts: 306 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed.

Have you seen the hairstyles on there? 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And NOT worth 1 cent of my money. I mean c'mon EA...do you really need more money from us?
  • originsim2originsim2 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Had I known how little the game came with (beside the actual gameplay) I would not have paid anything upward of £20 for it.

The telling thing here is that the kind of anger and frustration generated by this might just turn into customers saying "screw paying for the legitimate copy if this is all you get from doing so. From now on I'll get pirate stuff and not pay for anything at all." which is probably the worst case scenario for EA.

It's not players saying "you owe us content", it's players saying "considering the amount we already paid for the game, and the amount you're going to charge us for these store items *IF* we buy them, we aren't happy. In fact, we're angry about it."

Fair enough, nobody has to use the store. It's just that there is so little in the game content-wise (I mean, come on, only 4 hairstyles for child females? there was definitely more than that in the sims 2 base game) that most people are driven to use the store just to get a reasonable variety of content, creating more profits. Clever, EA. Like some of us won't see that a mile off. Meh. ¬.¬'