Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please enable parties at graveyards

If there is any time before the release of the next expansion pack or patch to work this in, please enable parties at graveyards. We ought to have the option to throw our funerals at the graveyard, and I am sure it would only take a line or two of code to give graveyards this property alongside parks and other community venues.

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh. You meant funerals. I had no idea what to expect when I saw the thread title, but the curiosity got the best of me. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree; I can't understand why we can't.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    I had no idea what to expect when I read the title either.
    I was like:
    skepticalbabymemeplain_zps24e240eb.png
    What new kind of sicko do we have lurking around the forums?

Anyway, the reason we probably can't/won't ever have parties there is because I'm not sure they can restrict what kind of parties are thrown there, so you can't be throwing some normal party at a graveyard. That's not normal.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't mind graveyard parties as a supernatural party type, to be honest.

They'd add some spice to the game and allow for some unique moodlets/interactions/memories/wishes.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    As danivixen said, unless it's some supernatural party, please no.

Just saying 'party at the graveyard' sounds wrong :?

As for funerals, I don't like those either :)
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2013
    It makes sense. That would be a good place for funerals. And for Supernatural parties. But while it would be weird to throw other parties there, it really isn't a problem for me if other people want to do it. It's their game.
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited April 2013
    Couldn't you just go into Edit Town mode before scheduling your party, change the Graveyard Lot Type to Small Park or Hangout or something? I don't know, I have never tried it, but it seems to me that if you can, then the game would read it as an option for having your party along with all the other parks that are available. You could change it back after your party.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    How about making a 'group' and then all travelling together to the graveyard?

I'm don't feel strongly either way about this feature... I certainly wouldn't object to it though.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2013
    The zombies and ghosts needs to party too.. :lol:

On a serious note, I guess that would make sense or the funerals should be automatically be set to the graveyard location.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited April 2013
    Rachelwolfe

I like they idea.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited April 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    I wouldn't mind graveyard parties as a supernatural party type, to be honest.

They'd add some spice to the game and allow for some unique moodlets/interactions/memories/wishes.

I agree, especially on full moons with a zombie dance off to kick off the festivities.
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2013
    Valandis wrote:

On a serious note, I guess that would make sense or the funerals should be automatically be set to the graveyard location.

I don't like "automatic". It restricts choice. What if I want to have my funeral at the pool?
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2013
    IMeep wrote:
    Valandis wrote:

I don't like "automatic". It restricts choice. What if I want to have my funeral at the pool?
    You have a good point there!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited April 2013
    Why Vampires, Witches, Ghosts, Mummies and Werewolves can't have fun in graveyards ?

No party for Gothic sims and Supernatural fans ?

Supernatural is not Occult ??? lol

• SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Yahtzami wrote:
    Couldn't you just go into Edit Town mode before scheduling your party, change the Graveyard Lot Type to Small Park or Hangout or something? I don't know, I have never tried it, but it seems to me that if you can, then the game would read it as an option for having your party along with all the other parks that are available. You could change it back after your party.

I was going to say this.

Also, I think it would be nice for supernaturals or gothic sims. There is a bartender and stereo after all in that secret little underground hangout in Bridgeport after all. :D
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    Valandis wrote:

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6b7HT2A0-w
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2013

Actually, no. I tried this, but the only three party types that show up for a non-home lot are "destination," "bonfire," and "juice kegger." Funerals aren't available in public whether or not you switch the lot type of the graveyard. So I guess I should expand my request to "enable funerals on community lots" AND "enable parties at graveyards."
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013
    SugarRave wrote:
    Valandis wrote:

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6b7HT2A0-w

That video was great ghosts sure know how to party lol :shock: :D

And I really wouldn't mind being able to have supernatural parties at the graveyard
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif