Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script errors in sims 3 folder, help please

So basically i was in my sims 3 folder to see if i had any .bad games for no reason, just cos, lol, anyway and i saw a couple ScriptError things, can i just delete them, are they dangerous in game, or should they be there, help please!! i tried googling by the way, lol thanks!!
sorry iposted in wrong place!!

Comments

• JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2013
    The script errors I have in my Śims 3 folder are nearly always related to my nraas mods.They may be useful in tracking down why errors are occurring in the game, but they can be deleted from the sims 3 folder or can be moved to another folder if you want to keep them. I am assuming that you are also running mods and this is why they are being generated. I delete script errors from this folder all the time and I have never had any issues. In many cases the mod is not the cause of the error, it is just reporting what script errors are found in normal game play.
    Most of mine relate to routing issues.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited April 2013
    These are usually generated when your game has crashed. At least, in my experience.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2013
    These are usually generated when your game has crashed. At least, in my experience.

I guess I have been really lucky about not having an actual crash since I bought a new computer about a year and a half ago. It may have happened a few times, but it's been rare. Do you also delete your script errors in the sims 3 folder?
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2013
    ^^^ This, those are generated by Error Trap, for understand something from this log You can read on NRaas pages here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Reading+Logs
    (There are 5 links)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • benjy1212benjy1212 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Ive deleted my mods so basically i can delete them!? Thanks a lot!
  • ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited April 2013
    benjy1212 wrote:

They're not necessary for the game, just extra information generated by nraas mods. You can delete them whenever you feel like it. With mods, or without.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2013
    ^^^ Confirm, those are needed only if You want to send this on NRaas site for get consultation from Twallan.
    (But for me personally - without Twallans mods - game has more bugs and ErrorTrap is saving my Saves from corruption. I'm not able to enjoy the game without him). :wink:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2013
    benjy1212 wrote:

You can delete the scripts anytime you want and they are not harmful. You don't have to delete your mods. As long as the mods are up to date, your game will probably run better with them installed.
  • mollymawksmollymawks Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bily_jednorozec said:
    > ^^^ This, those are generated by Error Trap, for understand something from this log You can read on NRaas pages here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Reading+Logs
    > (There are 5 links)

Are the x cpt files with my laptop's name attached related to the script errors and can I delete those?
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2020
    @mollymawks
    crinrict wrote:
    xcpt*.mdmp & xpct*.txt: Crash logs that where written when your games crashes. You can have them analyzed with the Crash Log Analyzer or just delete.
    Source: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

The Crash Log Analyser you will find on Mod the Sims. If you have such files generated frequently, it might be handy to read them (which can be done with notepad), try to understand them in order to fix whatever is going on that makes your game crash. I don't know if they are related to the script errors. Based on earlier responses and below quote, I would assume that it could be (which isn't much of an answer for you) - because it traps bugs either triggered from his mods or EA code - but I really do not know. Those error files are already explained in other responses. On the site of Crinrict it says this:
    crinrict wrote:
    ScriptErrors: Errors produced by the game that were caught by Twallan’s ErrorTrap mod. They are not used in the game. Delete or post at Nraas Industries, if requested. They contain information that were caused by his ErrorTrap mod and would assist him in troubleshooting the bugs (caused by EA code or his mods) that trigger the error.

EDIT:
    When I came back to my response, I saw the word 'crin' is highlighted yellow. Does anybody know why that is?

EDIT II:
    Never mind to the first edit, now it's gone.