Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freeplay and aging question

What's the scoop on the kids. Do they age? EVER? Should I just keep creating new adults or are these kids going to finally grow up and move out?

Also, What about Hobbies? Do adults have any hobbys available for them to have? Because I'm not seeing it.

Comments

• Meri20098Meri20098 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I know to age from toddler to kid you use a cake. I think it's the same for the other ages but I haven't seen the option yet. As for hobbies, look for things in the store with a red icon on it, or go to a pond and learn fishing
  • MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited April 2013
    Greetings, saw your post. Maybe I can help a bit.

Sims age according to the setting you have in-game. They can have short, medium, long, or epic life spans. Short is 30 days, epic is like 960+ days, I think or something like that.

All sim life stages from baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder are compressed within whatever range you set. The shorter the life span the faster the sim will go through the stages.

The longer the life span, the longer it takes for your sim to "age up" through each life stage.

You do not need a cake to "age up." It happens on its own, but once you receive the notice that the sim will be celebrating a b'day in a few days you can purchase a b'day cake from the store and have the sim blow out candles to age up right away.

You can also pull up the option for your sim to go to the next life stage by clicking on them. Sorry, can't remember if you need the testingcheatsenabled true on or not for the option to appear.

Third thing you can do is take the sim into CAS and change their age.

First though, just check your in-game options setting.

You can customize it however you prefer: short-epic life span by moving the slider left or right. Within each life span then decide how many days the sim will spend at that age.

Hope this helps. Happy simming to you both :)

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee