Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you want to see in Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Now, if they use motion capture technology? Kiss height sliders and gradual aging goodbye; the first is difficult enough most of the gaming industry has abandoned the idea for video games when using motion capture and the second is actually technologically and physically impossible to do with motion capture.

I like the rest of your ideas, though. I just wish people would be realistic about the graphics expectations. A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Sims 4 doesn't live up to their expectations.

As for the height slider issue, a lot of us are really expecting some sort of height variation in Sims 4. Personally, I am sick of all my adult Sims being the same height (I have used the stretch skeleton cheat in TS2, but it's not a working solution during gameplay). If a height slider isn't possible, they need to at least add a couple of different heights for adults. I don't think that's unreasonable. If it means extra work, so be it. This is Sims 4 and there should be major improvements.

Also, I'm one of those people who expect better graphics. The graphics in Sims 3 are not good enough for me to enjoy the game. The way Sims 3 looks is the main reason I don't play it. If there aren't major improvements, I won't be buying Sims 4.

The reason why height sliders are so difficult is motion capture relies on real people to set the movements... as you can imagine, the results don't scale well at all, meaning they need more people for each height. That's also why you pretty much don't see babies done in motion capture... they can't get babies to move the way they need for the capturing.

Now, that's if they use motion capture; under the current technique, the one they use for Sims 3, height sliders are perfectly possible.
  • HeartcandyPHeartcandyP Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2013
    I completely agree with the suggestions of:

Want and Fears
    Attraction
    Turn Ons and Turn Offs
    Chance Cards

Would love these!
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2013
    The reason why height sliders are so difficult is motion capture relies on real people to set the movements... as you can imagine, the results don't scale well at all, meaning they need more people for each height. That's also why you pretty much don't see babies done in motion capture... they can't get babies to move the way they need for the capturing.

Now, that's if they use motion capture; under the current technique, the one they use for Sims 3, height sliders are perfectly possible.

Actually, I would be happy with just a couple of different set heights for adults. I don't even need a height slider. It would be a big improvement even if I could make some of my adults teen height. I know that would be possible. I just really want the option to have some of my males be a bit taller than some of my females (and each other) and vice versa. It would add so much to my creative experience and the uniqueness of my Sims. I'm tired of writing romances and having to leave the "tall" out of tall, dark, and handsome.
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited April 2013
    lisasc360 wrote:
    If they were to do the Sims 4 online only then EA can keep their game as I will not be buying it. The sims is meant to be a game played with no one invading my game. If I want to socialize with people then I will get up and get dress and go out to socialize with people face to face.

Let's start with exactly what Lisasc360 just touched on. No "always–on" features, and no draconian DRM. I was all set to buy SimCity before EA forced these "features" on its players, and now there's no way that I'll spend so much as a penny on that game. If EA takes a similar route with The Sims 4, it'll be a no–sale for me, and they'll lose at least one customer whose bought every TS3 EP and SP to date. (What happened with SimCity is really a shame too, because it looks like EA will be releasing a native Mac version. That would've been an instant–sell for me if they hadn't wrecked the game with that stupid always–on feature.)

As for things that I'd like to see included:
      Native Mac Support (No Cider/Emulation Layer)
      Physical Copies: My internet connection is terrible, (with no superior alternatives available,) and even if it wasn't, I'd still want something that I can hold in my hands. Furthermore, I despise download–only games, and would much rather buy a DVD, especially if that's what it takes to keep the game DRM–free
      Unity or comparable game engine suitable for native ports across multiple platforms
        Height Sliders
        In–Game Multi–platform Town/World Creation Tool
        Base game that's fully functional out of the box, and doesn't require expansions to feel complete
        Expansions that feel like they actually
      expand on the base game, rather than "completing" an unfinished game (or at least a game that feels unfinished)
        Speaking of EPs, I'd like to see them streamlined a bit more. Seasons, pets, and vacations should be built directly into the base game so that there's room for three new EPs without losing content from prior EPs. Likewise if two EPs overlap, combine them for the same reasons

Additionally, these aren't really TS4–specific, but rather concepts that I'd like to see applied to The Sims as whole. First, starting in TS5, I'd like the ability to import Sims and data from TS4. Think of something along the lines of the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Second, and more importantly though, because of it's unique nature, I think The Sims needs to be treated more like an OS and less like a traditional game. When it comes time to upgrade from The Sims 4 to The Sims 5, the process should be as easy as upgrading Windows 7/OS X 10.7 to Windows 8/OS X 10.8. EPs from TS4 should function in TS5, EPs from TS4 and TS5 should function in TS6 and so on. This would not only solve the problem of forcing players to start over from scratch, but it would also solve the problem of having to remake classic EPs every time a new base game is released. By treating TS4 more like an OS, it's expansions could be migrated to TS5 when the time comes, and EA could focus on new concepts without having to sacrifice older ones in the process. As a life simulator, The Sims has no real preset narrative, and in that sense, we're basically buying a software and graphics update already, rather than a new storyline. With that in mind, I think it makes more sense to treat future base games more like upgradeable operating systems than traditional games.