Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If I uploaded a house with WA pictures" R - D pictures going to be visible to downloader?

I decided to make a residential tomb with residents on it, The whole house have pictures of the family that resides on it when I uploaded it in the exchange. Before I uploaded them,I wiped out their CC, but the pictures of the family are still there. I just want to know if these pictures I taken with the Chinese camera will be visible to downloaders?

Because I wanna upload more houses with lots of photographs taken by World Adventures Camera.

One more thing. If I killed the residents of the house before uploading, Will the pictures stay in the house?

Comments

• albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited April 2013
    bump :(

just to know if pictures will be viewable if houses with them got uploaded at the exchange.
  • lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to know this too. Same with portraits. I'm too lazy to go test.

I do know that Ice Sim Sculptures will not survive the movement of a lot, even if you have the challenge to make them never melt - only the pedestal remains. Also, when I copied a Sim and moved him to another town, all his smartphone photos turned blank. This leads me to suspect that artwork containing anything captured from your play will not make it through the Exchange.
    edited April 2013
    I tried saving a copy of that family, move them in another town, and it seemed like the pictures got saved but I am not sure if the pictures will work in another computer. If the pictures are not transferable, then I might have wasted tie taking those pictures..... :(
  • lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if you will check this thread again, but if you want, I will download your lot and see if the pictures remain.

I would be very happy to learn that taken photos are preserved in decorating. It would redeem the photography skill for me.

Upload the file if you like, I'll bookmark the thread.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2013
    In theory, yes they will be. Very occasionally there will be issues with the transfer, and your pictures will show up blank.

The thing you have to watch out for more is that if you take a picture of an EA object the camera recognises (e.g. a toilet; a darts board), custard will show your lot as containing third-party CC even though it doesn't. Sims and patterns are fine - it's only objects that seem to cause this. It is mostly harmless, but can mean your lot won't install correctly for the people downloading, and it might also put off potential downloaders if they scan it for themselves. When you scan your lot with custard before uploading (as you should with every lot to check for sneaky CC), just make sure the main file is showing as a 'simspack' not an 'object'.

Photos can be a great way of making your builds really feel lived in and unique, so it's worth the complications.

Good luck!

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited April 2013
    The sims have Photos in a custom world with Pink terrain , does that count as CC? (I really wanted to have a Martian world but I cant find a red terrained world, that Pink world is my "mars")

I tried cutting my sims 3 folder in my desktop, so The game will produce one with No cc that I can use and check if the pictures will stay. It seemed like the pictures stay. I am still not sure though if its going to blank to other people's computer.

I really wanted to make a tomb with family pictures on it. I would be broken hearted if every person to download it will end up with blank frames.

Is a Human gold statue made by Philosopher's stone transferable? I want to make a "King Midas" castle tomb.
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if you will check this thread again, but if you want, I will download your lot and see if the pictures remain.

I would be very happy to learn that taken photos are preserved in decorating. It would redeem the photography skill for me.

Upload the file if you like, I'll bookmark the thread.

I already uploaded them. they require lots of episodes though. if you like though, I will make a base game/world adventures only house.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2013
    another question, if I turned a house filled with WA camera picture into a community lot, are the pictures going o stay?