Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• benboy200benboy200 Posts: 220
    edited March 2013

The islands in the new IP world will they be accessible via any other world or only by that world?
    Could we have both a house and a houseboat or is it one or the other?
  • DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited March 2013
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of having "surfing" in the game! I can't wait to build my own houseboat ... when I got seasons, I thought ... I can't possibly want anything else for my Sims... HA! Island Paradise has me DROOLING big time!! I can't wait for June!

Everyone has such great ideas! Keep up the fantastic creativity and suggestions! :D
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2013
    ariesjla wrote:
    also, I wish they would add a wall less shower! I know there are mods but I don't want to mess with those....way too much trouble. I would rather just pay for it.

I hope I am quoting right.... anyway, I too was just bewailing the fact that there are no wall less showers like from sims 2 university.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2013
    More swimming options would be nice....I like that sims can swim and earn athletic skill points but it's a bit boring that they will only swim for a short time. Splashing and holding your breath under water is nice but it would really be cool if there was something else to help keep the athletic skill running.

Learning tricks would be nice. Like (1)doggy paddle, (2)backstroke, (3)frog paddle, (4)windmill stroke {aka the normal fast stroke} and (5)float {basically with legs and arms spread to stay above water}

- A lifeguard career would be a cool loophole career.

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    (based on handiness, science or inventing to enhance the boat)
    - Swimming competitions
    (based on athletic ability, and ability to do swimming tricks as posted above)
    Totally 2nd this. I've been wanting to do competition stuff like this ever since the base game. I was hoping for something like this with Seasons, but IP provides the perfect opportunity to do a Sim triathalon type event. 8)

with all the watercraft and activities comming with IP, swimming classes will become mandatory at Uni. I'm going to build a marine science major classroom on a house boat and use the lecture board in the student union to teach sims custom marine classes like swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. :mrgreen:

Next to jetskis, sailboats, speedboats, and rowboats, coming with IP, they should also add swimming competition challenges. And yeah, also add WINDSURFING. 8)

Unlike surfing, this doesn't require waves. So it would be really easy to add as a watersport. And Boggie boarding too come to think of it 8)
  • Keziah1221Keziah1221 Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    Will you be able to still live in the home you live in now and also have the Houseboat?
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited April 2013
    gayars wrote:
    ariesjla wrote:
    also, I wish they would add a wall less shower! I know there are mods but I don't want to mess with those....way too much trouble. I would rather just pay for it.

I hope I am quoting right.... anyway, I too was just bewailing the fact that there are no wall less showers like from sims 2 university.

There are showers that came with Sunlight Tides, but they still have to be against a wall, but I like them.
  • pskwolfpskwolf Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    WOW....I can't wait. :D
    :shock: great white shock, octopus, giant squid, jelly fish, exotic new fish from the deep. Killer whale and or dolphins would be nice. Sea horse as a pet :wink: How about oceanographer as a new career. :mrgreen: Just a little something from the top of my head :!:
    I am shore the game would be a great add on to the fun for our sims.
  • tsbtsb45tsbtsb45 Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2013
    When's the next blog out shouldn't we have one every week until release
  • videllekunvidellekun Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2013
    im curious off my house they got horses will i be able to bring them on the resort????? and let say medium to big boat houses for transport like have a crate to put them in so they can be loaded inside the boat for shipping! :mrgreen: so they can comme allong to any island
    and how will seasons affect those tropical island? any how i already have preorder the physical box and a game stop near me !!! just cant wait
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2013

I aggree that there should be open venues for the resort,I don't want to run a resort with no open venues. NO RABBIT HOLES EA! :? :cry: :evil: :twisted:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2013
    gayars wrote:
    ariesjla wrote:

There are showers that came with Sunlight Tides, but they still have to be against a wall, but I like them.

No they don't. I can place the outdoor shower anywhere outside.
    edited April 2013
    motdk wrote:
    I aggree that there should be open venues for the resort,I don't want to run a resort with no open venues. NO RABBIT HOLES EA! :? :cry: :evil: :twisted:

The hotels will be open.
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited April 2013
    W O W.

I have wanted an hotel option in this game for much to long. I have tried creating my own, but it is never the same since only 1 family permantly lives there.

Will the hotel option be included in an update for us all to use, or only avalible in this EP?? .... :/

• trentjurrianstrentjurrians Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Add mobile home parks!!! I would love it if you guys also made new careers with this pack that are related to stuff like lifeguard career and like maybe boat driver career(like a taxi service kinda) maybe you guys could add stuff like competitions for the boats. Add more beach-y haircuts!!!! Do you buy the boats?? Also, add lots of beach-y furniture!!! Also, add body piercings like nose rings and belly button rings!!!!!!!!! that would be soo cool! And new tattoos!!
  • librarianjennelibrarianjenne Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2013
    Take my money, please!

I'd love to see yoga, along the lines of the Martial Arts skill.
  • Giuliana123Giuliana123 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone tell me if we can use house boats any were like on a lake in Aurua skies or at the beach in sunlit tides

All I Need from ea
    rounded walls
    traveling from city to city
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2013
    I wonder if the fire walking is just the fire pit ported over from Sims 2 Castaway
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone tell me if we can use house boats any were like on a lake in Aurua skies or at the beach in sunlit tides

All I Need from ea
    rounded walls
    traveling from city to city

I'm pretty sure you can because all worlds don't have ocean. Some like Hidden Springs,Riverview etc only have fresh water.
    edited April 2013
    MAnatomy wrote:
    W O W.

I have wanted an hotel option in this game for much to long. I have tried creating my own, but it is never the same since only 1 family permantly lives there.

Will the hotel option be included in an update for us all to use, or only avalible in this EP?? .... :/

You know it's possible they might include a new lot named hotels and people who download the patch maybe able to use it.

I've been zoning no visitors allowed so only my sims can spend the night in a house which I call a hotel but when IP comes out I won't have to do that anymore.
  • beckybullasbeckybullas Posts: 62 New Member
    edited April 2013
    i would also like to put an oppinion in for the new isand paradise game im and avid simmer with all but 2 expansions packs i love sims but for sims3 island paradise i would like to ask for;

beach clothes such as crop tops and cute shorts or skirts for girls and for boys surfer shorts and more fitted polos.

next at the moment children either look like its the middle of winter or its the boiling summer so more modern and a larger varity of clothes would be awesome!!!

finaly i hope that the furniture is summery and cute as i love making my sims homes cosy and fitting with there personalitys :D

I WOULD LOVE for you to take my oppions that me and my friends all would love to see in sims3 island paradise thanks xxxxx
    edited April 2013

i would also like to put an oppinion in for the new isand paradise game im and avid simmer with all but 2 expansions packs i love sims but for sims3 island paradise i would like to ask for;

beach clothes such as crop tops and cute shorts or skirts for girls and for boys surfer shorts and more fitted polos.

next at the moment children either look like its the middle of winter or its the boiling summer so more modern and a larger varity of clothes would be awesome!!!

finaly i hope that the furniture is summery and cute as i love making my sims homes cosy and fitting with there personalitys

I WOULD LOVE for you to take my oppions that me and my friends all would love to see in sims3 island paradise thanks xxxxx :P
    edited April 2013

finaly i hope that the furniture is summery and cute as i love making my sims homes cosy and fitting with there personalitys

I WOULD LOVE for you to take my oppions that me and my friends all would love to see in sims3 island paradise thanks xxxxx
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2013
    motdk wrote:

The hotels will be open.

I said that I didn't want the venues to be Rabbit Holes, if there are any resturants or movie theaters around the hotel, not in it. So, just saying that there shouldn't be Rabbit hole theaters that you can place around the hotel, not in it. I would love to place other venues outside the hotel, around the resort and in the home neighborhood. Or are you saying just the Hotel is open.Cause Im saying that, some resorts have small business around the area, not in the hotels Themselves or living areas. The resorts in Bahamas have small venues and business around the resort area. But not in the hotels. I didnt talk about the hotels.
  • J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    edited April 2013
    Love the idea!!!!
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Gotta say I've not got much love for the 'Houseboats'... maybe it's because they are virtually unheard of here in the UK but to me they look really stupid! In the UK we only really have canal boats as houseboats. The idea of a two story house on what looks like a raft just comes over as silly and unbelievable, and the idea of sailing around in one even more so!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top